logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marc for Shalom  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:02:51 PM(UTC)
Marc for Shalom

Orthodox Jewish counter-missionaries often make the claim that the Messiah will not be a divine incarnation of YHWH, but just an ordinary mortal man, annointed by YHWH to be a Messiah. In other words they strip out the divinity of the Messiah to just be a kind of ordinary normal human being who is righteous king annointed by Hashem to be Messiah.

Yet we read...
Targum Jonathan: “For to us a SON is born, to us a Son is given: and He shall receive the Law upon HIM to keep it; and HIS name is called from of Old, Wonderful, Counselor, ELOHA, THE MIGHTY, Abiding to Eternity, THE MESSIAH, because peace shall be multiplied on us in HIS days”.

So from the above JEWISH TARGUM, the MESSIAH will be called ELOHA. What is the Hebrew word ELOHA?
"Elohim is also used occasionally in its singular forms, el and eloha = “mighty one”.

What is the "THE MIGHTY ONE" called from an ancient Hebrew perspective? It means "Elohiym"
http://amyhwh.com/who_is_yhwh.htm

HOW CAN THEY CALL THE MESSIAH ELOHA OR “THE MIGHTY ONE” IF THE MESSIAH WILL JUST BE AN ORDINARY MORTAL MAN WITHOUT THE DIVINE TABERNACLE OF HASHEM? ONLY HASHEM CAN BE CALLED ELOHA!!!! THEREFORE THE MESSIAH IS ALOHA!

Thus the understanding of the relationship of the Messiah to YHWH can be seen as this

YHWH - The Father in Heaven
Shekinah or Memra - the Word and Yahushua of YHWH
Ruach Hakodesh - Holy Spirit of YHWH

=====================
YAHUSHUA MESSIAH THE MANIFESTATION OF YHWH/ELOHIM
No Jew would dare claim the following. In fact Jews in the 1st century were forbidden to use the words “I AM”.

YHWH
“And he said, ‘My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’ And he said to him, ‘If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.’” Exodus 33:14-15

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

YHWH
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.” Deuteronomy 32:39

“Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?” Isaiah 43:13

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.” John 10:28-30

YHWH
I Yhwh search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” Jeremiah 17:10

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of G-d, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze. I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first… and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you as your works deserve.’” Revelation 2:18-19, 23

YHWH
“Your word, O Yahweh, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.” Psalm 119:89
“The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” Mark 13:31- cf. Matthew 24:35

YHWH
“Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, Yhwh, the first, and with the last; I am he.” Isaiah 41:4
“Thus says Yhwh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.” Isaiah 44:6
“Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last.” Isaiah 48:12

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.’” Revelation 1:17-18
“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.’” Revelation 2:8
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Revelation 22:12-13

YHWH
“‘You are my witnesses,’ declares YHWH, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.’” Isaiah 43:10

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

YHWH
“for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters,
and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.” Jeremiah 2:13

YAHUSHUA MESSIAH
“On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, ‘If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, “Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”’” John 7:37-38

In revealing his mysterious name, YHWH ("I AM HE WHO IS", "I AM WHO AM" or "I AM WHAT I AM"), G-d says who he is and by what name he is to be called. This divine name is mysterious just as God is mystery.

I AM
“Then YAHUSHUA MESSIAH declared, ‘I AM the bread of life,” (Jn 6:35).
“He said, `I AM the light of the world.” (Jn 8:12).
“I AM the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.” (Jn 10:9).
YAHUSHUA MESSIAH said to her,`I AM the resurrection and the life.” (Jn 11:25).
“YAHUSHUA MESSIAH answered, `I AM the way and the truth and the life.” (Jn 14:6

============================================
THE MEMRA/SHEKINAH IN THE NEW TESTAMENT & RABBINICAL WRITINGS
http://www.jewishencyclo...p?letter=S&artid=588

Present in the acts of public prayer, ("Whenever ten are gathered for prayer, there the Shekhinah rests" Talmud Sanhedrin 39a); and righteous judgment ("when three sit as judges, the Shekhinah is with them." Talmud Berachot 6a),

Matthew 18:20 For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I AM in the midst of them.

THE SHEKINA PROVIDES COMFORT AND HEALING FOR THOSE WHO ARE SICK.

("The Shekhinah dwells over the headside of the sick man's bed" Talmud Shabbat 12b;

Luke 7:21 At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind.

James 5:14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord

SHEKINAH IS LIKE A MOTHER BIRD WHO GATHERS HER CHICKS…

Luke 13:33-35 / Matthew 23:37 how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart

Thus he who acknowledged God took refuge under the wings of the Shekinah (Shab. 31a; Sanh. 96a);

SHEKINAH IS THE LIGHT TO THE WHOLE WORLD…

The saints enjoy the LIGHT of the Shekinah in heaven (Ber. 17a, 64a; Shab. 30a; B. B. 10a).

Isaiah 49:6 I will also make you a LIGHT for the Gentiles, that you may bring my SALVATION (Yeshua) to the ends of the earth."

Acts 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a LIGHT for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.

John 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the LIGHT of the world"

John 12:46 I have come into the world as a LIGHT, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness