logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 11:57:12 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NIV - Isaiah 65:17-25

Quote:
New Heavens and a New Earth

17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. 19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. 20 "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; he who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth; he who fails to reach [a] a hundred will be considered accursed. 21 They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands. 23 They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the LORD, they and their descendants with them. 24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

I get confused with this passage, is it referring to the next universe, or to this universe in the 7th Millennium? It just seems strange that it indicates death in verse 20.

Edit:

Also,

NIV - Isaiah 66:22-24

Quote:
22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

In this passage is verse 22 speaking of a different place other than from 23 onwards, as if Yahweh is saying that the next universe will last forever, and during the 7th Millennium people who come up to Jerusalem will be able to see hell?

Also,

NIV - Revelation 21:1-5

Quote:
The New Jerusalem

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

This passage is just extra.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:20:47 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Matt,
I think those are definitely talking about the seventh millennium

Quote:
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.

That verse is what really put that in my mind. Because he most assuredly will be living with mankind during that time. So, if this were talking about after that time then the him dwelling with us would not be a revelation. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. haha
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:04:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

BiynaYahu, the reason why I'm asking is that KP puts Isaiah 65:17-18 to be the new Jerusalem after the 7th Millenium, check the chapter Heaven, Hell and Eternity of Future History. And then Isaiah 65:19-25 he relates to the Millennium in the chapter The Thousand-Year Right.

It seems like the passage is just one flow, but is there really a break between verses 18 and 19 indicating a change of venues? I do agree with KP's logic saying it describes two different places, but it's not so easy to present to others.

KP also relates Isaiah 66:22-24 within the Heaven, Hell and Eternity chapter, but I'm not exactly sure how the passage relates to the new universe, it seems like people will still come to the New Jerusalem on the Sabbath (even after the Torah is abolished with the passing of the old earth) plus people will still be able to see those in Hell.

And Revelation 21:1-5 is also related to the new heavens and a new earth in the Heaven, Hell and Eternity as well. But one I also notice is that KP says that Yahweh will "unveil" the new heaven and new earth because it has already been created by referencing Hebrews 11:16 in that the city has already been prepared. Maybe there are currently two universes, and where just stuck in one for the time being.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:24:50 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Keep in mind though that after the millennial sabbath time will cease to exist. So, a reference to a sabbath would definitely be an indicator that the verse is describing the millennial sabbath. Keep in mind through all this that I consider everyone on this site to be my superior in knowledge. Therefore, don't think I'll be offended if you guys tell me what's what as they say. Thus, although I always speak as if I think I'm right. I always know that I could be wrong.
I mean it'd be pretty bad if I never thought I was right about the things I believe. I find it's this attitude that really allows me to have very deep conversations about faith with christians, and non-believers alike. I let them know that I believe what I believe with all of my heart, but I'm constantly aware that I could be wrong about anything I know. I mean hypothetically speaking we could even be wrong about the existence of god. I mean, don't get me wrong, I believe with all of my heart, and soul that Yahuweh exists, that he lives, and that he is my salvation. Unfortunately, the possibility that we are all completely insane exists, and in that case. Hey, at least we are more content than most of those around us. Anyway, sorry for the quiet rant, but I just felt I needed to say that. Thank you all.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:45:51 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

BiynaYahu wrote:
...although I always speak as if I think I'm right. I always know that I could be wrong

I know what you mean, and lately I've been getting a prod in my side to be "perfect" in speech, making sure my words are true so when I look back in a few years time I can see my words still being true and being satisfied with what I said. That's why I think it incumbent for us to really know God's Word, a part of me wants to stop spending so much time on forums and just quietly study for a few years and then come back all geared up and ready to teach/preach and participate in Spirit and in Truth.
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2009 9:46:57 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Don't shy away from this forum, guys, especially if you think you do not have enough knowledge. While it is wise to study diligently, it is also prudent to stay in touch with each other on this forum. So much is explained and a lot of relevant information about the world we live in is painfully presented (joyfully, I might add, eh, Yada?) and through this ether that we learn how to appreciate each other. Remember, we don't all have all knowledge but our attitudes towards Abba Yahweh and each other shall determine our character. Love is paramount, not knowledge. Preaching/teaching comes by way of reading and sharing what is learnt AFTER practicing, and not before. FYI, I had hung around this board silently a long time before I picked up the courage to express myself. I wanted to know if the people here can be trusted, not just by what they say but by what they do. Folks, we are in the right place at the right time and we thank and bless Abba Yahweh for His Work through brothers Yada and Ken and Yada and everyone else here who seek Him earnestly. Things are going to be very interesting over the next few years! Take care and Yahweh Bless!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 5:06:23 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

bitnet wrote:
Remember, we don't all have all knowledge but our attitudes towards Abba Yahweh and each other shall determine our character. Love is paramount, not knowledge. Preaching/teaching comes by way of reading and sharing what is learnt AFTER practicing, and not before.

Something we should never forget! Good one bit!