logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lassie1865  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 12:43:18 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Yada,

I have a question comparing the "Reshith" Chapter in Genesis with the "Yowbel", Ch 10, in YY in the following paragraphs:

"All English translations claim to be based upon the Masoretic, an 11th century vocalization of Babylonian Hebrew composed by politically- and religiously-minded, and very misguided, rabbis."

"Sam’s Bible was kept out of circulation and was unknown until 1840 CE when a manuscript collector announced that he had it in his possession, calling it the “Leningrad Codex.” This suggests that the KJV, the defacto basis of the NIV, SV, and NASB, was itself based upon the Latin Vulgate, a translation of the Septuagint Greek translation of the Hebrew, as the existing Masoretic manuscripts were riddled with errors."

It sounds as if you are saying that the Tanakh in the KJV, and all other translations are NOT based on the Masoretic texts? but only on the Latin Vulgate? Does the Latin Vulgate also include the RC?

Do the Qumran scrolls include the RC? I thought all the earliest Greek RC manuscripts were totally separate from the DSS?

Thank you so much,

lassie1865

Offline lassie1865  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:34:57 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Swalchy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am still not perfectly clear on the route the Scriptures have taken. Could you possibly post a chart showing each segment of the Scriptures' development; i.e.:

1450 - Moses scribes the Torah

950 BC - David writes the Psalms in Paleo Hebrew

450 BC - Daniel writes his prophecy in Babylonian Hebrew (while living in Babylon)

440 BC - Hebrews codify the Tanakh fron Paleo Hebrew into Babylonian Hebrew (while living in Babylon? Do they tamper with the Name of YHWH at this time?)

300 BC - Septuagint-The Tanakh is translated from the Babylonian Hebrew into Greek by the 70 scribes (and they remove the Name of YHWH at this time?)

50 - 80 CE - RC is written in Greek by the Apostles

?? - Vulgate published in Latin (both Tanakh & RC at the same time, or??)

600 CE - The Masoretes (of Europe?) copyedit the Tanakh?

1100 CE - Samuel revises the Masoretic texts in order to remove errors???
etc.

1500 - Tyndale publishes the Tanakh and the RC in English from ??

15?? - Tyndale's bones burned by the Vatican

15?? - KJV published by Erasmus for King James; translated from??

1611 - KJV update?

1629 - KJV updated again using "Jesus" in the RC?

1947 - Dead Sea Scrolls discovered

1950 - 19?? Dead Sea Scrolls translated from (Paleo and Babylonian Hebrew?)

19?? - Earlier Greek RC texts discovered?

1995 - NIV published; translated from?? (any new manuscripts available here?)

Thank you!
Blessings, Lassie1865

Offline lassie1865  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:17:40 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Swalchy,

Thank you so much! It is good to carry this info with me so when I discuss these things with folks who champion the KJV or the Vulgate, I can answer them with correct and specific information. Are you saying that NONE of the Masoretic texts was discovered until the 19th century, or just the Leningrad Codex? What about John Mills' translation? What was it called, and is it in use today? When were the earliest Greek manuscripts discovered? The NIV uses the earlier Masoretic texts?

Blessings, Lassie1865
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:12:23 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I found this article on the Jerusalem Post and thought it might be an interesting read. Any feedback?

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline StuDent  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 10:59:08 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Thank you bitnet, it was interesting. While not speaking in regards to the veracity of the authors claims I found the story compelling. It made me even happier to have found the truth found here. I know that I am in complete control now and even if I can't get to the bottom of every question raised I allready have what I need.

I have been thinking alot about the nation of Israel of late and even have had thoughts of moving there enter my mind. It seems as if the world is turning againt her moreso every day. I pray that many will see the signs and come to know Yahushua as their savior and only hope for redemption.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"