logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline INFINITE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:14:29 AM(UTC)
INFINITE

Hello

I was reading about the and found that this theory is not new but was thought of and believed some 2,000+ years ago. If the Earth does orbit the Sun then we would have to reject Scripture that says the Earth is stable and the Sun moves 67 times .

If the sun orbits earth then the universe is not millions of years old and the evolutionists theory of dinosaurs living millions of years ago is wrong.

I also read that the group behind "The Earth Orbits The Sun" were kabalists? What do you know about the 1st thru the 20th century Kabbalist and their Evolutionary Creation Scenario?

Offline edStueart  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:53:11 AM(UTC)
edStueart

INFINITE wrote:
If the Earth does orbit the Sun then we would have to reject Scripture that says the Earth is stable and the Sun moves 67 times .

My copies of the translations of the Old Covenant and the New Covenant DO use the words "sunrise" and "sunset".
So does my Nautical Almanac. (Used by sailors/aviator for celestial navigation.)
The New York Times even lists the "sunrise" and "sunset" times in the weather section.

While I doubt the veracity of ONE of my above listed sources, NONE of them is really putting forth the idea of a geocentric star system.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:55:27 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
INFINITE wrote:
If the Earth does orbit the Sun then we would have to reject Scripture that says the Earth is stable and the Sun moves 67 times.

Welcome to the forum INFINITE!

Can you provide a few Scripture passages that say this?

From what I know when God says the heavenly bodies are fixed, it means God has provided their bearings, giving them their direction. But from a point of reference on earth looking at the sun it would seem that the sun moves around the earth, and if from a point of view on the sun looking towards earth it would appear they that the earth orbits the sun.

At the end of the day, don't the earth and sun, our solar system, orbit around the center of the Milky Way?!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:38:04 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yea im struggling to remeber a bit where it says something like "as sure as the sun moves round the earth" lol

Do you have any verses particularly? Nice topic btw :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline INFINITE  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:08:32 AM(UTC)
INFINITE

Sixty-Seven Scriptural References

Which Tell Us That It Is The Sun

And Not The Earth That Moves

Genesis 15:12...... "...and when the sun was going down..."

15:17..... "...when the sun went down..."

19:23..... "The sun was risen upon the earth."

28:11..... "...because the sun was set...."

32:31..... "...the sun rose...."

Exodus 17:12..... "...until the going down of the sun...."

22:3...... "...if the sun be risen upon him...."

22:26.... "...the sun goeth down...."

Leviticus 22:7...... "...And when the sun is down...."

Numbers 2:3........ "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Deuteronomy 11:30..... "...the way where the sun goeth down...."

16:6....... "...at the going down of the sun...."

23:11..... "...when the sun is down...."

24:13..... "...when the sun goeth down...."

24:15..... "...neither shall the sun go down...."

Joshua 1:4..... "...the going down of the sun...."

8:29... "...as soon as the sun was down...."

10:12.. "...Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon...."

10:13.. "...and the sun stood still...."

10:27.. "...the time of the going down of the sun...."

12:1.... "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Judges 5:31.... "...as the sun when he goeth down...."

8:13.... "...before the sun was up...."

9:33.... "...as soon as the sun is up...."

14:18.... "...before the sun went down...."

19:14.... "...and the sun went down...."

II Samuel 2:24.... "...the sun went down...."

3:35.... "...till the sun be down...."

23:4..... "...when the sun riseth...."

I Kings 22:36.... "...the going down of the sun...."

I Chronicles 16:30.... "...the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved...."

II Chronicles 18:34.... "...time of the sun going down...."

Job 9:7.... "...commandeth the sun and it riseth not...."

Job 26:7.... "...He hangeth the earth upon nothing...."

Psalm 19:4.... "...tabernacle for the sun...."

19:5 ... "...cometh out to run...."

19:6.... "...goes forth in a circle from one end of heaven to the other...."

50:1.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

93:1.... "...the world also is stablished that it cannot be moved...."

104:19.. "...the sun knoweth his going down...."

104:22.. "...the sun ariseth...."

113:3.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Ecclesiastes 1:5.... "...The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down

and hasteth to the place where he arose...."

Isaiah 13:10.... "...sun shall be darkened in his going...."

38:8...... "...is gone down on the sundial of Ahaz...."

38:8...... "...so the sun returned...."

41:25.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

45:6...... "...from the rising of the sun...."

59:19.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

60:20.... "...the sun shall no more go down...."

Jeremiah 15:9.... "...her sun is gone down while it was yet day...."

Daniel 6:14.... "...going down of the sun...."

Amos 8:9.... "...cause the sun to go down at noon...."

Jonah 4:8.... "...when the sun did arise...."

Micah 3:6.... "...and the sun shall go down...."

Nahum 3:17.... "...when the sun ariseth...."

Habakkuk 3:11.... "...the sun and moon stood still in their habitation...."

Malachi 1:11.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Matthew 5:45.... "...for He maketh His sun to rise...."

13:6..... "...and when the sun was up...."

Mark 1:32.... "...when the sun did set...."

4:6...... "...when the sun was up...."

16:2...... "...at the rising of the sun...."

Luke 4:40.... "...when the sun was setting...."

Ephesians 4:26.... "...let not the sun go down upon your wrath...."

James 1:11.... "...for the sun is no sooner risen...."

In the Biblical Creation there was, after all, no sun for the earth to go around until the fourth day!
(Genesis 1:14-19)
Offline Bridget  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:52:02 AM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ummm, not to be rude...but is this a joke?

All of the planets and the sun move.

From OUR earthly perspective...of course everything else is moving and we are not. Thus, the sun rises, the sun sets...from our little perspective here on earth.

This is just silly to me...again, don't want to be rude..but....okay, I'll shut up now. :)

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:51:37 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sounds like the kind of argument a muslim would make.

None of those verses are scientific analogies of how the sun works. I dont say "Oww look the earth has rotated enough for our star to be casting light on our side of the earth this morning..." I would say "ow its sunrise!" and possibly "why am I awake?!"

90% of those verses are just about the passing of time, or helping paint a picture like that. Its just a load of verses out of context.

Also you end quote of Genesis 1:14-19 shows your lack of study, and i suggest you read Yada Yahweh to get you going lol.

Its a shame this is such a straw man, I thought it was going to be an interesting topic...

I suggest you start here and read atleast the first 5 chapters before continuing this discussion:

http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis.YHWH

Unless you are trying to get a rise out of us, in which case you have come to the wrong place :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 7:58:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
INFINITE, most of the verses you quoted are from the point-of-view of someone on earth, which is precisley what Day 4 of the Genesis Creation Account was discussing. The sun, moon, and stars were already around in Day 2 of Creation, but with flora producing oxgyen from Day 3 onwards it took about 3 billion years for the atmosphere to clear up, allowing the sun, moon and stars to appear from the vantage point of someone on earth. The word create does not appear in Day 4 of the Genesis Creation Account because Yahuweh was teaching us a profound lesson, that Yahushua (the Greater Light, the source of light) would appear in the 4th Millennium of man's history since the fall, even Isaiah named Satan (the Lesser Light, the moon, in other words the fake light) Halal ben Schacher (commonly called Lucifer) in Isaiah 14:12, which occured within the 4th Millennium as well, not forgetting the appearence of the all the prophets during the period of 3000-2000 BCE. And this just touching on the surface of the depths to which the Genesis Creation Account go to.

INFINITE, here are two very good weblinks to study:

Concerning Bible contradictions, http://www.prophetofdoom...ble_contradictions.Islam
The stupidity of Islamic science, http://www.prophetofdoom...mic_Quotes_Science.Islam

Robskiwarrior wrote:
sounds like the kind of argument a muslim would make.

None of those verses are scientific analogies of how the sun works. I dont say "Oww look the earth has rotated enough for our star to be casting light on our side of the earth this morning..." I would say "ow its sunrise!" and possibly "why am I awake?!"

90% of those verses are just about the passing of time, or helping paint a picture like that. Its just a load of verses out of context.

Also you end quote of Genesis 1:14-19 shows your lack of study, and i suggest you read Yada Yahweh to get you going lol.

Its a shame this is such a straw man, I thought it was going to be an interesting topic...

I suggest you start here and read atleast the first 5 chapters before continuing this discussion:

http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis.YHWH

Unless you are trying to get a rise out of us, in which case you have come to the wrong place :)

I agree with Rob.

PS: I did a google search on the 67 phrases section and in brought up another website, most notably a website called fixedearth.com, they seem to argue for Scripture, but I think their studies do more harm than good because of their interpretations.

INFINITE, please read Yada Yahweh, especially the Genesis section, maybe you want to read Gerald Schroeder's book The Science Of God as well.
Offline ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 6:27:55 AM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

The Universe is like an enormous clock with it's many little parts and pieces. From our point of view the Earth stands still and the "heavenly objects" move around us. But now we have space programs and all of that, and they tell us we are moving around the sun. But people often forget that this is where the theory of relativity comes in: it depends on the viewpoint. If you're situated on the sun, the Earth is orbiting around you, but if you're on Earth - it's the other way around. So it depends on the viewpoint. So the Bible is for humans and humans are situated on ...Earth, so I think it would be natural to use the Earth's viewpoint (+considering that the Bible was written to ancient people some 3000 and something years ago)! And again, I haven't seen anyone really debunk the Bible for 'bad science' and it contains 'scientific' things which were discovered hundreds, even thousands of years, after the Bible was completed, even so I don't think the Bible is a science book, it has much more important purposes. That's my opinion.