logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:00:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:15:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

Not quite sure if I should add this to the thread. I love this quote from the story:

Quote:
"I've concluded that I am a follower, but I'm not a very good one," Dobson said."If you get serious about the Bible, it will really mess you up."

Quote:
Following Jesus is one thing; living like him is another

By Charles Honey

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Rev. Ed Dobson has spent most of his life following Jesus. But only now does he realize how hard it is to live like him.

The retired megachurch pastor and one-time architect of the religious right has spent the last year trying to eat, pray, talk and even vote as Jesus would. His revelation: Being Jesus is tough.

"I've concluded that I am a follower, but I'm not a very good one," Dobson said. "If you get serious about the Bible, it will really mess you up."

But…

Read the entire story
Yada attached the following image(s):
jesusyear_01_200_01.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 12:42:56 AM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Service:

Quote:
Presidential church choice sends political, spiritual messages
By Daniel Burke

RNS-PRESIDENTS-CHURCH

WASHINGTON -- George Washington did it to set an example for his young country. Bill Clinton did it most conspicuously when he got in trouble. Dwight Eisenhower stopped doing it until he reached the White House, and then blasted his pastor for blabbing about it.
Like schoolboys on summer Sundays, presidents' records of church attendance have been spotty, historians say. Some, like John Quincy Adams, who went twice on Sunday, were regular churchgoers. Others, like Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, preferred to hold occasional services in the White House.
But most made an effort to get to the chapel on time -- at least to keep up appearances.
As President-elect Barack Obama prepares to make his home in Washington, there has been no shortage of pastors and parishes angling to get the soon-to-be first family into their pews.
As Billy Graham told Eisenhower in 1952, Americans expect a bit of piety from their president. "Frankly, I don't think the American people would be happy with a president who didn't belong to any church or even attend one," the famed evangelist recalls telling Ike in his autobiography " Just As I Am."

Read on
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 12:55:21 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Faith-healing trials to take center stage in Oregon
By Rick Bella

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Two high-profile deaths last year will land in the courts this year, when the Oregon justice system determines whether members of a faith-healing church acted criminally in the deaths of two young children who were denied routine medical care. By Rick Bella. 450. File photos.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 10:11:03 PM(UTC)
Yada

A guy I went to college with works at this church. I sent him links to YY and encouraged him to read it but never got any response. They are apparently in the process of expanding and have put together a promotional video. It`s a beautiful building but somethig`s missing. I wondered what others on the forum thought?

The video `teaser` is here.

You can watch the full video here.

Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 11:36:06 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Yada wrote:
A guy I went to college with works at this church. I sent him links to YY and encouraged him to read it but never got any response. They are apparently in the process of expanding and have put together a promotional video. It`s a beautiful building but somethig`s missing. I wondered what others on the forum thought?

The video `teaser` is here.

You can watch the full video here.

That was indeed an impressive video Yada. It looks like they've got children services, gathering spaces, stain glass windows and 400+ Sunday services well covered. In fact with the animation it eerily reminds me our our brand new local cathedral for Sunday gatherings: http://newyork.yankees.m...ballpark/new_stadium.jsp

As far as what's missing, I'll guess the YY links for starters and all that goes with them?
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2009 6:23:39 AM(UTC)
Yada

Speaking of stadiums, this photo was taken during the Mass that Pope B held in NY.
communion_getty466.jpg
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:05:35 AM(UTC)
Yada

Further evidence of our moral decline? From CNN:

Quote:
Virginity going for over $3.7M 1:00
A college student is auctioning off her virginity to pay for school. Prime News reports.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

^ that made me chuckle and smile for some reason. it is utterly ridiculous. my gosh!
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:29:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
January 14, 2009

NEWS FEATURE

In `the Almighty,’ Bush sees a providential God
By Adelle M. Banks

WASHINGTON—Throughout his eight years in the Oval Office, President Bush frequently made public references to God, but instead of always using the traditional Judeo-Christian term for the divine, he often chose the more generic “Almighty.” ..read on
bush meeting.GIF
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:08:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

An interesting story from CNN:

Quote:
India razes slums, throws poor onto streets
Bulldozers in New Delhi, India, razed hundreds of makeshift homes earlier this month as the Indian government improves the city for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. CNN's Sara Sidner examines the effect it is having on slum-dwelling families who now have nowhere to go. full story
slum.family.cnn.jpg
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 1:25:43 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

One excerpt from the article:

Quote:
...the second-most-viewed clip, with more than 760 views, was of the pope discussing the Internet as a "new way to speak to God."

Here is one video from the `Pope Channel`: Benedetto XVI: we must be committed to ecumenism

The `Pope channel` on YouTube is here.

Edited by user Friday, January 23, 2009 3:31:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 2:07:08 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Pope outrages Jews over Holocaust denier
Jewish officials in Israel and abroad are outraged that Pope Benedict XVI has decided to lift the excommunication of a British bishop who denies that Jews were killed in Nazi gas chambers. The pope's decree brings back into the Catholic Church's fold Bishop Richard Williamson and three others who belong to the Society of Saint Pius X. full story
pope.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 3:01:35 AM(UTC)
Yada

Anyone notice the outfit the Pope had on yesterday while he was leading Vespers? The usual gold cross he wears was replaced by something I could only describe as a huge sun disc. I haven`t been able to find a good close-up photo yet.

File Attachment(s):
pope sanpaolo_06.png (285kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 8:10:14 PM(UTC)
Yada

I attached the latest image that the Catholic television network (www.ewtn.com) has splashed across their home page. Is it just me or does it look like St. Aquinas has a sun burst emblazened on his chest?
aquinas_09.jpg
Offline Yada  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:35:57 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
January 27, 2009
NEWS ANALYSIS

Pope’s current controversy obscured by longer vision
By Francis X. Rocca

VATICAN CITY—Ever since Pope Benedict XVI allowed schismatic bishops back into the Catholic fold last week, his decision has been met with abundant expressions of outrage and dismay, from both inside and outside the church.

Yet the controversy isn’t fueled by the bishops’ thoughts on the church or the papacy or liturgy but rather one bishop’s denial of the Holocaust...

Read on
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:57:46 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yada wrote:
I attached the latest image that the Catholic television network (www.ewtn.com) has splashed across their home page. Is it just me or does it look like St. Aquinas has a sun burst emblazened on his chest?

What about that haircut?

Lev 19:27 Do not round the corner of your head, nor destroy the corner of your beard.
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 4:03:12 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 4:25:17 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
January 30, 2009

NEWS STORY

Catholic Democrats question pope’s silence on Holocaust
By Kevin Eckstrom

WASHINGTON—Nearly 50 Catholic members of the U.S. House asked Pope Benedict for “clarification” on Friday (Jan. 30) about why he readmitted a schismatic bishop who has publicly doubted that 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

read on
Offline Yada  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 7:10:11 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
February 2, 2009

NEWS STORY

Bishop’s Holocaust denial raises questions of group’s anti-Semitism
By Francis X. Rocca

VATICAN CITY—The head of an ultra-traditionalist Catholic group has repudiated statements by one of his bishops that deny the horror of the Holocaust, and insists that his organization opposes bigotry against Jews.

“Anti-Semitism has no place in our ranks,” Bishop Bernard Fellay, superior general of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX), wrote in an e-mail released to various blogs on Sunday (Feb. 1). “Anti-Semitism has been condemned by the Church. So do we condemn it.”

Nevertheless, the vision of Catholic-Jewish relations reflected in official SSPX literature, and in past statements by the society’s leaders, is an unmistakably antagonistic one, with Jews in the role of Christianity’s principal “enemies.”

Fellay was one of the four SSPX bishops readmitted to the Catholic Church when Pope Benedict XVI canceled their 1988 excommunications on Jan. 21. full story
Offline Yada  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:56:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Merkel tells pope: Act on Holocaust-denying bishop
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has demanded Pope Benedict XVI, above, firmly reject denial of the Holocaust. Merkel made her comments after the Vatican rehabilitated Bishop Richard Williamson, who has denied the Nazis intentionally murdered 6 million Jews and believes that "there were no gas chambers." full story
pope.afp1.gi.jpg
Offline BiynaYahu  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:13:41 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Come on. He could be right. I mean I'm sure the six million European Jews are just hiding in caves. You know just for a laugh.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Yada  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:31:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Vatican: Bishop must recant Holocaust denial
The Vatican has ordered a controversial bishop who denies the Holocaust to "distance himself" from his views "in an absolutely unequivocal and public manner," a top Catholic official said Wednesday. full story
.bishop.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#24 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2009 8:22:42 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The New York Times:

Quote:
Catholic Order Jolted by Reports That Its Founder Led a Double Life

Article Tools Sponsored By
By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
Published: February 3, 2009

The Legionaries of Christ, an influential Roman Catholic religious order, have been shaken by new revelations that their founder, who died a year ago, had an affair with a woman and fathered a daughter just as he and his thriving conservative order were winning the acclaim of Pope John Paul II.

Before his death, the founder, the Rev. Marcial Maciel Degollado, had been forced to leave public ministry by Pope Benedict XVI because of accusations from more than a dozen men who said he had sexually abused them when they were students...

read on

Watch how then Cardinal Ratzinger reacts to questions about the "Rev." Marcial Maciel:
http://www.youtube.com/w...dh7U&feature=related

Edited by user Saturday, February 7, 2009 12:18:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

legion_190.jpg
Offline Yada  
#25 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 4:28:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#26 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:26:06 AM(UTC)
Yada

Something doesn't seem quite right about this story. From CNN:

Quote:
Terminally-ill TV star Jade Goody marries
"Big Brother" star Jade Goody has married her fiance after being told by doctors that her cancer is terminal, UK media report. Charities say that news of Goody's condition has raised awareness of cervical cancer among the public. Goody came to international attention after her dispute with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty in 2007 sparked protests. full story
jade.goody.kiss.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#27 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:49:59 AM(UTC)
Yada

I came across an interesting article by Judge Robert Bork on Thomas More. One Quote:

Quote:
The culture war of the early sixteenth century was fought over the breaking apart of Christianity, its loss of central authority, and the consequent fragmentation of European civilization. Our war rages about the collapse of traditional virtues across all of the West and the rise of moral indifference and cheerful nihilism. Many parallels between the two eras could be drawn, but a crucial similarity lies in the central role played by law in each. Though More was a profoundly religious man, it should not be forgotten that he was also a preeminent lawyer and judge. The law, quite as much as Catholicism, is crucial to an understanding of the man and the martyr. Law and its institutions were, of course, major forces of cohesion in More’s age, and are perhaps the primary symbols in ours of stability and continuity as well as justice. When moral consensus fades, as it did in More’s time and does in ours, we turn to law; when law falters, as it must when morality is no longer widely shared, society and culture teeter on the brink of chaos.

The full article is here: http://www.catholiceduca...istory/world/wh0035.html
more.JPG
Offline Yada  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:37:25 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Surviving Beatles unite to promote meditation

(CNN) -- Former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will reunite on stage next month to raise money to teach transcendental meditation to children around the world to "help provide them a quiet haven in a not-so-quiet world," McCartney said.

full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2...ation.concert/index.html
mccartney.gi.jpg
Offline sirgodfrey  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:51:33 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I'm thinking that this meditation could potentially be a very bad thing.
Offline Matthew  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:34:49 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Obviously the theme song of the event will be Lennon's Imagine:

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today, ah ha ah ah ah..."
Offline Yada  
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 6:25:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Ex-Mormon fires back with `Hot Mormon Muffins’ calendar
By Daniel Burke

(UNDATED) The former Mormon who was excommunicated for publishing a calendar of half-naked Mormon missionaries said Friday (March 6) he will sue a church-owned university for denying him a degree—and plans to publish two risque new calendars.

Chad Hardy, a former missionary and sixth-generation member of the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints, said he will announce details of the lawsuit against Brigham Young University next week.

“It’s completely on principle,” Hardy said. “I don’t need (the diploma), I deserve it. This is a campaign against intolerance.” full story
generated_thumbnailgif.GIF
Offline Yada  
#32 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 9:32:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
America becoming less Christian, survey finds

(CNN) -- America is a less Christian nation than it was 20 years ago, and Christianity is not losing out to other religions, but primarily to a rejection of religion altogether, a survey published Monday found. Full story.
religion.survey.gi.jpg
Offline kp  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:05:25 AM(UTC)
kp

Now we're getting somewhere. The article also noted:

Quote:
The survey also found that "born-again" or "evangelical" Christianity is on the rise, while the percentage who belong to "mainline" congregations such as the Episcopal or Lutheran churches has fallen....The rise in evangelical Christianity is contributing to the rejection of religion altogether by some Americans, said Mark Silk of Trinity College.

Okay, labels are clumsy. But the fact is that there is a growing gap between people who actually believe Yahweh and those who are just "playing church." I believe that by the rapture, this gap---this state of being set-apart---will have grown cavernous indeed. It's time to separate the real Yahudis from the pretenders, the wheat from the tares, as it were.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:42:46 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I wonder how many "believers" will miss the Rapture? How many real believers will actually be taken in the Rapture? Christianity (all forms, Catholics to Jehovah's Witnesses) has about 2 billion followers, that's just under one-third of the world's population.

For interest sake 1% of the current world's population (I'm using the round figure of 7 billion though it's probably a bit lower) is about 70 million. By the sounds of things the Rapture will consist of far less people, I wonder how many just about?
Offline sirgodfrey  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:43:05 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Matthew -- very interesting. very interesting indeed.
Offline kp  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:18:40 AM(UTC)
kp

I once observed that at the time of Elijah (when Yahweh declared that there were yet seven thousand who had not bowed the knee to Ba'al) there were approximately seven hundred thousand souls living in Israel---making the percentage of believers about 1% of the population. I have no idea if that's indicative of anything.

kp
Offline lassie1865  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:15:29 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I wonder if those who participate in the Rapture are those who are actually celebrating the Feast of Trumpets on the day it happens? Also, the Feast of Trumpets falls on a natural Sabbath this year; is that significant?

Lassie1865
Offline Matthew  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:13:38 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

kp wrote:
I once observed that at the time of Elijah (when Yahweh declared that there were yet seven thousand who had not bowed the knee to Ba'al) there were approximately seven hundred thousand souls living in Israel---making the percentage of believers about 1% of the population. I have no idea if that's indicative of anything.

kp

I recall you saying that somewhere, it makes sense and sounds like a possible figure. We'll just have to wait and see.

Lassie1865 wrote:
I wonder if those who participate in the Rapture are those who are actually celebrating the Feast of Trumpets on the day it happens? Also, the Feast of Trumpets falls on a natural Sabbath this year; is that significant?

Lassie1865

kp has mentioned "2009, 2020, 2023, and 2026" are the remaining possible natural Sabbaths, he refers to it in in Mitzvah #134 in chapter 4 of TOM vol 1 and in Mitzvah #844 in chapter 10 of TOM vol 2. That's a long wait until the next one. What is the likelihood of it happening this year? I'm not American but YEEHAA!
Offline Heretic Steve  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:14:38 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

None of those dates would surprise me. '09 would be cool for me, but '20 would give me more time to inform and thus, (hopefully), expand the harvest. Doubt I'll make it to '26. I'll be 73, the cigs and Big Macks will probably have killed me by then.
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Matthew  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 2:05:17 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Heretic Steve wrote:
None of those dates would surprise me. '09 would be cool for me, but '20 would give me more time to inform and thus, (hopefully), expand the harvest. Doubt I'll make it to '26. I'll be 73, the cigs and Big Macks will probably have killed me by then.

Look on the bright side if that happens, those in the grave get raised first, that means getting raised with Peter and the boys, and then checking us arrive a little later.
Offline Yada  
#41 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:18:10 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Pope: We should have Googled Holocaust bishop

(CNN) -- The Pope has admitted making mistakes over the lifting of the excommunication of a Holocaust-denying bishop, saying the church will make much greater use of the Internet in the future to help avoid such controversies. full story
bishop.afp.gi.jpg
Offline In His Name  
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:22:32 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:

kp

Quote:
Survey: Less Than 1 Percent of Young Adults Hold Biblical Worldview
By Jennifer Riley
Christian Post Reporter
Tue, Mar. 10 2009 12:19 PM EDT

Less than one percent of the youngest adult generation in America has a biblical worldview, found a new study examining the changes in worldview among Christians and the overall U.S. population.

The Mosaic generation, those between the ages of 18 and 23, “rarely” have a biblical worldview as defined by The Barna Group. The research data found that less than one-half of one percent of Mosaics have a biblical worldview.

A biblical worldview, as defined by the Barna study, is believing that absolute moral truth exists; the Bible is completely accurate in all of the principles it teaches; Satan is considered to be a real being or force, not merely symbolic; a person cannot earn their way into Heaven by trying to be good or do good works; Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth; and God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today.

You may be right on the mark KP.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#43 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 3:22:25 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
March 13, 2009

NEWS STORY

Catholics report rise in abuse cases

By Kevin Eckstrom

WASHINGTON—U.S. Catholic leaders processed more than 800 allegations of clergy sexual abuse in 2008, a 16 percent increase from 2007. The majority of the allegations involved abuse that occurred decades ago.

A report issued Friday (March 13) by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops showed 803 allegations were filed by 706 victims last year against 518 clergy. The church also spent more than $436 million in legal settlements, attorney fees and counseling costs.

Just 13 of the 803 cases involved alleged abuse of a minor that occurred during 2008. Nearly all of the cases involved accusations of molestation that occurred decades ago. The church said 83 percent of the accused clergy were dead, defrocked or missing.full story.
Offline edStueart  
#44 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 4:25:33 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Quote:
A Christian minister in London who has clashed with Muslims on his television show says he was brutally attacked by three men who warned him, "if you go back to the studio, we’ll break your legs," the Daily Mail reported on Sunday
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Yada  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:36:43 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
In Africa, pope reaffirms ban on condoms
Pope Benedict XVI has refused to soften the Vatican's ban on condom use as he arrived in Africa for his first visit to the continent as pope. Sub-Saharan Africa has been hit harder by AIDS and HIV than any other region of the world, according to the United Nations and World Health Organization. full story
pope3.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:58:07 AM(UTC)
Yada

From Religion News Stories:

Quote:
March 19, 2009

NEWS FEATURE

Web Exclusive: Is God a deadbeat debtor?
By Daniel Burke

(RNS) The headlines make God sound like a deadbeat debtor, the kind of deity who buys an expensive house and quickly falls behind on payments. full story
Offline Yada  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:05:45 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
March 19, 2009

NEWS DIGEST

Pope tells Muslims that `genuine religion’ rejects violence
By Francis X. Rocca

RNS-DIGEST-MARCH19

Pope Benedict XVI told a gathering of African Muslim leaders that "genuine religion" is "purified and structured by reason" and "rejects all forms of violence and totalitarianism."
Offline Yada  
#48 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 6:09:34 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:56:49 PM(UTC)
Yada

The latest from EWTN - "The Annunciation"
Annunciation_09.jpg
Offline Yada  
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:28:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
Quote:

Pope's critics wage online condom campaign

Thousands of Facebook users have pledged to send millions of condoms to protest Pope Benedict XVI's stance that condoms do not stop the spread of HIV. The Vatican has long opposed the use of condoms and other forms of birth control and encourages sexual abstinence to fight the spread of the disease. full story
popecondom.gi.jpg