logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline EI  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
EI

http://abcnews.go.com/Po...ics/wireStory?id=6234785

How long before Iran is nuclear capable? Will Isreal try to strike against targets that they consider reactors?

Excerpt Future History
" “This” is a massive military buildup discovered to be underway in Iran (called Magog in Ezekiel’s prophecy) and its neighboring nations. Satellite imagery has caught the Iranians in a blatant breach of the European treaty, though their diplomats are vociferously denying any wrongdoing. Troop movements in Iran... "

KP, do you think that the massive military build up is underway, going 'undetected' by the world at large. Here is an excerpt from an interview Ahmadinejad did back in Feb 2007...

""Well, our position is clear: We are opposed to any proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and nuclear weapons. We believe that the time is now over for nuke weapons. It is a time for logic, for rationality and for civilization. Instead of thinking of finding new weapons, we are trying to find new ways to love people. And if talking about the "Death to America" slogans, I think you know it yourself, it is not related in any way to American public. Our people have no problem with American public, and we have a very friendly relationship.""

ofcourse he also says in another interview....

"to the enemies of Iran who are angry at Iran for working toward gaining nuclear power we say BE ANGRY and DIE FROM THIS ANGER(why does this sound familiar?)(parenthesis mine)"

I guess Ahmadinejad changed his mind. So much for a time of logic, rationality, and love for all people, but then again whatever it takes until all bow to islam in submission;War is Deciet.. Allahu Akbar!!!!!

Do you believe that nuclear bomb may fall before the rapture or before the start of the tribulation. If a nuclear bomb did fall, the Antichrist may use this to stage his arrival to power by diverting a world war?

Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:44:11 AM(UTC)
kp

I think you nailed it, EI. The fundamental Muslim position is that "War is Deceit." This is true of any nation, of course: secrecy is an essential component of winning strategies. But the point is, even though Islam calls itself Dar al-Salam---the house of peace---they are in a constant mindset of war. "Peace" is defined by them as dhimmitude: the slavery and subjection of the entire world to Islamic rule. Anything short of this goal is war. That's why they can look you in the eye with a straight face and swear they're "a religion of peace." They've simply redefined the terminology.

The fictional vignette from FH you quoted was, of course, my attempt to "flesh out" the events predicted concerning the prelude to the battle of Magog---due to take place sometime after the "covenant with many" is "confirmed," as in Daniel 9:27---in 2027, if my prophecy clock is accurate. So what we're seeing now is not precisely the same thing. Which is not to say Iran or any other Muslim state won't flex its muscles and throw its weight around in the meantime.

As far as nukes being used before the Tribulation begins, here are my thoughts. Israel will never be successfully nuked, of this I am quite certain. And the first Trumpet Judgment (Rev 8:7) clearly predicts that a large scale nuclear war will occur early in (during the first half) of the Trib. So... Is it possible that a terrorist nuclear device will be detonated before the Tribulation begins? Yes, quite possible---not in Israel, as I said, but America has no such reassurances. I'd say that if it happens, however, it will be the kind of thing that we can't (or won't) retaliate against, perhaps because we can't be sure who attacked us. If we can't tell if it was Russia, Iran, Pakistan, or North Korea, who are we going to shoot back at? You can't nuke al-Qaeda without guaranteeing 1000% or 10,000% collateral damage, and America doesn't have the stomach for that sort of carnage---even if Amadinejad does.

Blue-sky speculation? I think Israel may successfully attack and disable Iran's nuclear program before Amadinejad has a big enough nuclear arsenal together to give his paranoia free reign. (America can't, and won't.) This, if nothing else, might explain why the forces of Magog are seen in scripture invading Israel, rather than merely bombing the living spit our of her. They can't "fall upon the mountains of Israel" if they don't go there---personally.

kp
Offline edStueart  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:47:49 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
I think Israel may successfully attack and disable Iran's nuclear program before Amadinejad has a big enough nuclear arsenal together to give his paranoia free reign. (America can't, and won't.)

They will not be able to do it from the air.

At least not while Iraq is occupied by The Great Satan.

There is no way "Begin and The Jets"* would be able to traverse that airspace while American AWACs are on station, ready to 'sick' F-15's and F-18's on an IDF strike package.

America could not 'allow' this to happen.

Now if 'the troops were brought home' in, say, 16 months or so...

Ed
ed@theTruthOfIslam.com

*I saw them perform in Beruit in the early 1980's, what a show!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:01:04 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I think your assessment is correct Ed. I recall during Gulf War-I aka Desert Storm that Israel desired to either make their own strikes or direct coalition combat operations against Iraq while scuds were being fired against their nation. The US devoted a vast portion of Coalition strike sorties to the western portion of Iraq on scud hunts seeking mobile launchers in addition to basing Patriots in Israel to appease Israeli sensibilities. Aside form the likely fracturing of that Western - Arab coalition IDF action would've lead to I recall concerns that Coalition air commanders could not assure the IDF that we could positively identify their aircraft as friendly should they choose to do their own scud hunt unannounced and without coordination.

It also seems to me that Iran has little reason to actively provoke an excuse for the US to hit them while in the process of pulling out our forces from Iraq. Does the new Iraq have an air force capable to stopping a determined Israeli strike on Iran? If they do I haven't heard about it.

The other consideration that occurs to me is the Iranian president himself. While I have little confidence in kindly intent if any Iranian President or Supreme Leader, it may turn out that given the fall in oil prices and the pounding Iran's economy has been through that the current Iranian President is replaced by a comparative moderate less likely to provoke a strike or a conflict in the very near future.

A final thought that I've been thinking about is the role of nuclear weapons in the world today. From my studies by the late Cold War neither the Soviets nor US had a first use policy with the possible exception of a NATO use if European NATO were overrun. I think the tripwire would've been France or the UK more than West Germany or the BeNeLux as these two had independent nuclear capabilities. Part of the reason being that both the US and Soviets believed that they could effectively accomplish the missions tactical nuclear weapons would earlier have been used for with smart / precision conventional weapons instead and without endangering their own nations to a strategic exchange.

So "great powers" keep nuclear weapons more as a deterrent to a direct conflict with a similarly equipped power. That leaves states and organizations that feel they have little to lose if they themselves use or are retaliated against in kind. I see Islamic Jihadis striking at the Great Satan without an obvious return address using these weapons to strike terror in the US or other distant "infidel" nuclear powers long before they'd consider a local exchange in which fallout would rain on dar al Islam.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:24:22 AM(UTC)
kp

I thought about this long and hard when I wrote FH, and I haven't really seen anything sufficient to make me reconsider my conclusion (what, four years ago now?). As you noted, Theo, both the Soviets and the U.S. used their nuclear strike force as deterrents only---never intending to use them as a first-strike weapon. The post-Sov Russians, I believe, still adhere to MADness---the dangers of Mutually Assured Destruction. So it's the loonies we have to worry about, as far as starting the thing is concerned. Oh, one of the Muslim boys' clubs could conceivably come up with a dirty bomb or small nuke and make themselves a nuisance somewhere---but it would be impossible to retaliate against them in kind: it's like bombing smoke. Nationally, who is in a position to instigate a nuclear war? Iran might, by the time the Trib rolls around, but you really wouldn't want to start something with only four or five nukes---you'd want enough (50+?) to drop your first salvo and keep the rest in reserve to intimidate the defenders with. Pakistan and North Korea could concievably be in such a position, but we have no scriptural hints, subtle or otherwise, that they might be so inclined---and suicidal. However, Israel is now in just such a position. Rumor has it that they own about a hundred nukes. They're not crazy, of course; they hold them, as we do, as a deterrent.

But Daniel reports that the Antichrist will make a show of defending Israel against the Muslim coalition, going so far as to "enter the Glorious Land" (11:41) and "plant the tents of his palace between the seas and the glorious holy mountain" (11:45), that is, set up permanent headquarters in Israel. It's pretty clear that the "covenant with many" he engineers (9:27) will place the defense of Israel in the hands of a multi-national force (surely the U.N.) under the AC's direction. So who is the logical culprit in the instigation of the global nuclear war of the 1st trumpet? Why the antichrist, of course---using Israeli nukes! Crazy is as crazy does.

kp
Offline EI  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:42:17 AM(UTC)
EI

http://foxforum.blogs.fo.../11/12/ajafarzadeh_1112/

The Message in Tehran’s Missile Tests

""Iran’s military commanders have boasted that they have their fingers on thousands of missile triggers, aimed at 32 U.S. targets in the Middle East, and declared they will plunge the region into “raging fire.” ""
Offline edStueart  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:54:40 AM(UTC)
edStueart

edStueart wrote:
There is no way "Begin and The Jets"* would be able to traverse that airspace while American AWACs are on station...

But they might be able to do it with missiles...

If only Ronald Regan (PBUH) had been able to finish the SDI program...
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!