logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:07:00 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Ok, so I am kinda new to this site. I have been reading a good amount of what has to be said because it is very interesting to me, and not only that, but I believe that it is a good site to refer to in order to help me on my quest for Truth. One question that I do have (I'm sure there will be more) is about the creation of man. Yah being a single entity or One, why would He say let "Us" make man in our image? I'm not quite grasping this one yet. Please help.

Thank you,

Your brother in Yahushua
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 2:32:06 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome to the forum sirgodfrey!

Here is just a snippet from the new chapter, called Chay - Life, written by Yada, open this post by Yada on the thead Chay under the Announcements section on Yadanews and download the new chapter:

Quote:
“And God said (‘amar – spoke, thought, commanded, and promised), Let us…”

It is “us” rather than “me” because Yah is our Heavenly Father, the Re’shith or Head of the Family. His feminine nature is represented by the Set-Apart Spirit, or Ruach. Who serves as our Mother. She is responsible for our spiritual rebirth, purifying us, and then adorning us in a Garment of Light. The “gadowl/enormous in magnitude and intensity, the mighty, important and distinguished memshalah/Luminary who has dominion, the one to be magnified who is great and powerful, and able to make and do great things,” is the Son. They are both manifestations of the one God, set-apart from Him to serve us.

Have you read Yada Yahweh, www.yadayahweh.com? You can also find this chapter online under the Genesis section of the website. The websites www.yadayahweh.com, and www.theownersmanual.net and www.futuretruth.net are kinda a must read and I encourage you to read them as this forum was set up for readers of these books. They are brilliant as they take one much deeper into Scripture.

Shhh! But just between us ;) I have asked the same question before on this forum, check out the thread Ruach Qodesh, the Set-Apart Spirit, a He or She? under the section Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 2:36:05 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi and welcome!!

I would have said what Matt has said :)

Welcome again to the forums, I hope you find some answers here! :)

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 3:43:21 AM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

Quote:
All the languages that I have any knowledge of have names for numbers, and the names for the numbers are just that, the names for the numbers. The only place where the number "1" means "composite unity" is in the minds of Christians who are twisting the plain facts to avoid the embarrassment that the Shema is to Trinitarians.

There is only One Who can and is willing to teach you the Truth, and Yahshua plainly stated that He will teach you the Truth about all things, (if and only if) you are willingly obedient and joyfully giving up everything, literally - not in your thoughts, but for real.

You won't learn the truth if you are obedient to the communists, nor to the republicans, nor to the democrats, nor to the catholics, nor to the lutherans, nor to the baptists, nor to the methodists, nor to the mormons, nor to the sda's, nor to the unionists, nor to the independents, nor to the kkk, nor to the masons/freemasons, nor to the forums, nor to the capitilists, nor to the democracies, nor to the budists, nor to the mulsims, nor to the british, nor to the french, nor to the druglords (any pharma company, ama, fda), nor to any other of man's groups which likewise oppose the Master.

Edited by moderator Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:37:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 5:44:42 AM(UTC)
kp

Hi, sirgodfrey, and welcome to the forum. The whole "God is One" but He said, "Let Us make man in Our image" thing has been a source of confusion since the dawn of time. But the answer is evident in the scriptures, if only we'll look for it, and take Yahweh at His word. He is One---that is, there is only one "God." His self-revealed name is YHWH, which means "I am," though we aren't to translate names, only transmit them. The idea of a "trinity" is slightly off the mark, for it leaves the impression that there are actually three Gods, or as the hymn puts it, "God in three persons." That's not precisely correct, though "God the Father," "God the Son" (Yahshua, popularly known as Jesus), and the "Holy Spirit" (Hebrew: Ruach Qodesh) all exist and operate in our lives. But the reality is simplicity itself, though it may seem complex at first.

As I said, there is only One God, YHWH. "He" (although the gender characterizations we use for convenience aren't really physical characteristics of deity) manifests Himself to mankind in a number of different ways. As you may have noticed, there is a recurring six-plus-one pattern woven throughout scripture, always used to reveal God's plan to us (the creation week plus day of rest, the work week plus Sabbath, etc.). I was therefore not at all surprised to find precisely six "manifestations" of deity through which YHWH revealed Himself and His plan to mankind. They are:

(1) The "Son" of God, Yahshua, who walked the earth as a human being from his birth in 2 BC to his death, resurrection, and ascension in 33 AD.

(2) The "Holy Spirit," who (as promised by Yahshua) indwells the lives of His believers, giving eternal life to our souls, comforting, consoling, and convicting us.

(3) The Shekinah, the "glory of God" who was manifested as light, fire, smoke, and possibly other physical phenomena. Examples of this form would be the burning bush of Moses, the pillar of fire and smoke the Israelites followed in the wilderness, and the "smoke" that filled the Most Holy Place of the Tabernacle.

(4) The "Angel (i.e., messenger) of Yahweh" such as the being that discussed parenthood with Abram and Sarai, and perhaps the One who conversed with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I'd guess that Melchizedek was such a messenger.

(5) The risen or glorified Yahshua, clearly not the same type of being as his mortal human manifestation. We see Him first on the Mount of Transfiguration, then for forty days after His resurrection, then reigning on earth during the Millennial Kingdom and throughout eternity.

(6) Finally, there are scattered non-human physical manifestations of diety recorded in scripture, such as what Ezekiel saw (1:28) or what John witnessed in Revelation 4.

They're all YHWH---they're all manifestations of the One God, presented different ways to achieve different purposes and communicate different things.

kp
Offline sirgodfrey  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 6:34:44 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thank you Matthew and kp for your responses. I greatly appreciate them. Matthew, I have read a portion of yadayahweh.com, not all as it is quite extensive in nature. I don't quite understand how yahshuaslavejeff's post was particularly helpful to me and my response will be to look over it.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 10:54:15 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Guys, this is no attempt at disproving any of the aforementioned, but I am simply looking for clarification and greater understanding. That being said:

Hbr 1:8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hbr 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, [even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

I'm trying to understand these statements better in the context of Yahweh and Him existing as manifestations of Himself. What I'm not getting is how he could call the Son God, as if the Son were not Him per se. It's hard to put into words as I'm typing this. He's not speaking to Himself, is He? or is He speaking to the manifestation of Himself which is just that, Himself? I just don't know, lol.
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 12:08:04 PM(UTC)
kp

I know, it can be confusing. How could God pray to God? But remember the nature of these manifestations of Yahweh (especially the "Son"): they are diminished forms of Yahweh's personality, made so that we could have some way to relate to Him, to understand Him. Consider Philippians 2:5-8. "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross." Yahshua not only took on the body of a "lower life form" so He (as God) could relate to us, He actually relinquished (for a season) dimensions. As Yada so wryly puts it, it's as if Walt Disney (a three dimensional being) became Mickey Mouse (a two dimensional construct) for the purpose of saving Donald and Goofy. It boggles the mind. But it wouldn't have inappropriate for Mickey, under these circumstances, to converse with Walt, would it?

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 1:19:46 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I also see it like this...

Yahushua was our human template - He was an example of how we are to try and live and commune with our Father. Not only was He the Father, but in speaking about and to the Father He was able to show us what and how we are to approch Him.

I think it was another one of those pictures Yah likes to paint... also I would agree with KP.

All that said - I am willing to accept that this is something I could never fully comprehend, but there is always a reason why He does things like this - for me I think its to not only make the perfect sacifice - but to live the perfect life and show us how its done.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline sirgodfrey  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 6:41:08 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

WOW! kp, thank you for that mickey mouse illustration! that was amazing, never thought of it like that...dag, that just blew my mind. thank you also for your comment robskiwalker... now, if only someone could point me to a condensed version of the three doors - the one about heaven, hell, and annihilation - i am trying to acquire material so that i can clearly see this being portrayed in scripture.
Offline kp  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2008 7:53:14 AM(UTC)
kp

For the short version (about 30 pages) of the "three doors" concept, sirgodfrey, try Future History, chapter 29:
http://www.futuretruth.n...The_Three_Doors.Prophecy
Yada covers the concept in Yada Yahweh as well, in somewhat more detail.

kp
Offline sirgodfrey  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2008 4:13:03 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

thank you so much for that. i am reading "the three doors" for the second time i believe, and it is so enlightening. boi boi, im def getting rid of my pre-conceived notions that i had about certain things. thank Yah for His light shining upon us, much love in the MessiYah brothers.

i really appreciate the work that you guys have put into studying scripture and allowing ppl like myself to partake in your diligence.
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:06:46 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Can I say this? Yahuweh specifically made Himself in the form of a man so that He could do things without obliterating His universe by His presence. I'm trying to picture it my mind, I'm imagining a ball of light (which is Yahweh), and instead of the light in fullness moving around the universe He separates a part of light, a part of Himself, into the form/figure of a man. Even providing a Name for Him, that of Yahushua, a Name found in His own Name, that of Yahuweh. Being in the form of a man allows Him to relate to us, in fact it even has the benefit of making us feel more comfortable knowing that Yahushua (who is the Son of God) is in a similar form/figure to us. Instead of looking at a ball of light with intimidation we can look at a man similar to us, yet was without sin.

By the way, I'm not trying to insult God by saying He's a "ball of light," I honsetly don't know what the Father looks like, just trying to understand the concept of manifestations better ;)

So with Yahushua praying to God, He didn't need to pray, but was rather setting an example for us. Am I right? Or did Yahushua prayer just to keep in contact with the Father, Yahusha did after all take on the form of a man, just like us?
Offline BiynaYahu  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Matthew wrote:
it even has the benefit of making us feel more comfortable knowing that Yahushua (who is the Son of God) is in a similar form/figure to us.

That goes back to the statement about Yahuweh raising up a prophet like unto Mosheh from our midst because the Jews were afraid of a more accurate form.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Matthew  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:26:30 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Did Yahushua always have a soul from eternity past, or did He take on a soul when He took on the form of a human? But from YY I take it that Yahushua's soul reunited with His body and Spirit at resuurection, and this indicates that His soul was always existing. I'm trying to get to grips of this whole "taking on a human manifestation" and "praying" to Yahuweh. And, was Yahushua "created" or has He always existed?
Offline Matthew  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:53:10 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Yahushua, being Yahuweh, has always existed.

What people need to get around is that Yahushua is Yahuweh in human form - He's not a completely separate being from Yahuweh.

He IS Yahuweh, just in 3 dimensions.

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what Yahweh says— Israel's King and Redeemer, Yahweh Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." Yahweh is the First and the Last.

Revelation 2:8 "To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again." Yahshua is the First and the Last.

Now an IQ test question:

If Yahweh is the First and the Last and Yahshua is the First and the Last we can assume that:

a) Yahweh is Yahshua
b) Yahweh is the First and the Last but not Yahshua
c) Yahshua is the First and the Last but not Yahweh
d) All of the above
e) None of the above
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:06:41 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I vote "a." too!
Offline Matthew  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:11:22 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

And a voice booms over the sound system: "You have in mind the things of God!"
Offline bitnet  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 4:23:46 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

While reading this multiple choice, suddenly I had a thought of Yahweh with a finger puppet... guess who? :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:38:03 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Matthew wrote:
Isaiah 44:6 "This is what Yahweh says— Israel's King and Redeemer, Yahweh Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." Yahweh is the First and the Last.

Revelation 2:8 "To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again." Yahshua is the First and the Last.

And

Psalm 23:1 "Yahweh is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." Yahweh is the Shepherd.

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." Yahshua is the Shepherd. But notice how in the second sentence He makes a subtle (well to me blatant) referenece to being the Sacrifice, to being the Lamb of Sacrifice. Now compare that to Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 2:8!

Who's up for an IQ test?