logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:33:25 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Yada wrote:
Can anybody understand this?

One MORE deficiency with the term "War on Terror" is that it elevates the criminals to "warrior" status.

This is an insult to those of us who truly are (or were) warriors.

...and another thing:

When a soldier goes of to fight for his country, he is not a "hero". He is a "champion".

When/if he becomes a "hero", his widow is likely to receive a folded up flag that was drapped over his casket.

Very few "hero"s survive their "heroic" deed.

Ed Stueart
Former Warrior and Champion
(Who has a Bronze Star (with a "V"), but got it for successfully doing my job...
...and a Purple Heart, because an enemy warrior did his job!)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline In His Name  
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:07:00 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
edStueart wrote:

Ed Stueart
Former Warrior and Champion
(Who has a Bronze Star (with a "V"), but got it for successfully doing my job...
...and a Purple Heart, because an enemy warrior did his job!)

Ed, I thank you for your service. My Dad was a D-day paratrooper who quietly carried his wounds of war and killing for 60 years, so I have an appreciation for what you do and suffer. Thanks.

I have to say though, I think the service you do today with The Truth of Islam is far more important, especially today.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:27:04 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Thank you edStueart for your service. Although you did not do it in the service of my country, you did it for the freedom of all people worldwide. I also appreciate your TToI website and I wish more people would visit that site. By the way, I see some posts on The Jerusalem Post by an ed from the USA... could that be you? Here's looking to seeing you with another medal in Yahushua's Army!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline edStueart  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:36:34 AM(UTC)
edStueart

In His Name wrote:
My Dad was a D-day paratrooper who quietly carried his wounds of war and killing for 60 years

While we are on the subject....

(Feel free to roll your eyes and say to yourself 'Here he goes again...')

None of us steely-eyed-barrel-chested-two-fisted-jungle-warriors thinks that going off to war thinking it is a great sacrifice. For some, it becomes a great sacrifice, but not all.

The stereotype of a warrior who was in a war but "doesn't want to talk about it", is largely false.

The reason most of us joined the Marines is so that we would have "war stories" to talk about!

(I don't know why anyone would join The Army.) :-)

Training, deployment and even getting shot at are stories that we love to tell. (Over and over again, my wife points out.)

I think it was Churchill who said that there is no greater thrill than "being shot at, and missed!".

The part that a combat warrior "doesn't want to talk about" is the taking of another man's life.

The saying that goes "There are no atheists in foxholes." could not be more true. The cultural imprint that all Westerners have is that if you kill an enemy soldier (even under the best of circumstances: D-Day, WW2, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, etc.) is that:

A) You sent this poor non-Christian to Hell

or

B) You killed a brother Christian

This is the 'burden of guilt' that warriors who have been in contact with the enemy and done their job carry with them.

For some, the burden is too much and they decide to shoot up a post office and/or shopping mall.

For others, like In His Name's father, they suffer with the guilt, quietly for the rest of their lives.

I thank YHWH for illuminating the doctrine of "door number two" by way of Yada and KP.

The idea that most who die will not be sent to an eternal punishment really changes how I look at things.

The relief from that burden of guilt felt greater than that of the forgiveness of sin offered by Yasheweh. (The latter occurred in childhood, the former took place last summer, so it may be an apples and oranges comparison, but that is how it felt)

Please remember, I am speaking in broad generalities here, there will be exceptions to what has been said here, regarding people's experiences and feelings.
Offline In His Name  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:15:20 PM(UTC)
In His Name

edStueart wrote:

The saying that goes "There are no atheists in foxholes." could not be more true. The cultural imprint that all Westerners have is that if you kill an enemy soldier (even under the best of circumstances: D-Day, WW2, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, etc.) is that:

or

This is the 'burden of guilt' that warriors who have been in contact with the enemy and done their job carry with them.

Ed, thanks for this explanation. It helps define what I thought I knew about my father's experience. I hope in "Paradise" he has found peace with it.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:16:50 PM(UTC)
In His Name

edStueart wrote:

or

Ed, thanks for this explanation. It helps define what I thought I knew about my father's experience. I hope in "Paradise" he has found peace with it.
Offline In His Name  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:24:20 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:

FAITH UNDER FIRE
Judge tells Christian: 'I would kill you
'
Reportedly threatens woman who chooses to worship Jesus
Posted: January 27, 2009
10:26 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A woman arrested at the Cairo airport because her identity card described her as a Christian has been threatened for her faith by the judge in her case, according to a new report.

As WND reported, authorities in Egypt deprived the woman's two children, ages 2 and 4, of food to try to coerce her to abandon Christianity and return to Islam.

According to the Assyrian International News Agency, a woman identified as Martha Samuel Makkar was arrested Dec. 13 as she, her husband, Fadl Thabet, and two sons were trying to leave Cairo for Russia.

Makkar, formerly known as Zainab Said Abdel-Aziz, was accused of carrying forged government documents, because she identified herself as a Christian. Islamic law forbids Muslims from abandoning the faith.
Offline Yada  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:40:15 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

The article is a bit vague regarding the cause)s) or what groups were involved. I read online that Madagascar has long had a Muslim population making up about 7% of the population.

Does anyone have any additional information about these riots?
Yada attached the following image(s):
madagascar.01.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline JamesH  
#59 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:24:33 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Obama Tells Muslim World that America is a Nation of ‘Muslims, Jews, Christians’ -- and Infidels?
http://www.cnsnews.com/p...rticle.aspx?RsrcID=42693

Obama needs to read POD
Offline Yada  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 12:48:14 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

shoe.monument.cnn.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline In His Name  
#61 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 6:48:51 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:
Three Candidates Are Killed in Iraq

The New York Times
By ALISSA J. RUBIN
Published: January 29, 2009

BAGHDAD — Three Sunni candidates were assassinated Thursday, just two days before provincial elections. They came from three different blocs and all three were shot to death — one in Mosul, one in Diyala and one in Baghdad.

The deaths bring to six the number of candidates who have been killed.

I am so glad we paid so much to give them their shot at democracy.... not
Offline Yada  
#62 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:05:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

And then there is the slant from CNN on the elections in Iraq'

Quote:
Peace rules in Iraq polls
Voting in Iraqi provincial elections ended peacefully Saturday evening, and the mood was festive in some places, unlike the violence, intimidation and apathy that marked the balloting in 2005. It is truly a proud moment," Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Barham Saleh told CNN. full story
ramadi.cnn.jpg
Offline Yada  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:27:57 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Muslims using this Rochester, NY church for their own event
feel perfectly free to cover the cross with Islamic symbols.
The tolerance that Muslims enjoy in Christian countries is not
reciprocated under Islam, nor is it enough to pacify the whiners.

source
rochester.jpg
Offline Yada  
#64 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 1:28:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Man, 47, marries girl, 8 4:02
When a 47-year-old man married an 8-year-old girl in Saudi Arabia, there was public outrage. CNN's Nic Robertson reports
Offline edStueart  
#65 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 4:41:30 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Quote:
Muslims using this Rochester, NY church for their own event feel perfectly free to cover the cross with Islamic symbols.

Juxtaposing the symbol of one pagan religion with that of another pagan religion, what is the problem?

;-)
Offline bitnet  
#66 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 4:51:09 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Quite a few morsels to chew on and eventually throw up on, huh? Strife wherever they are, even Madagascar! C'mmon, it was a fun movie! Now it's gone the way of the dogs, and not in good fashion. And those endearing Christians willing to share their premises with the Muslims... let's see if they let you in their mega-mosque coming up in Londonistan soon. (As for Eurabia, don't get me started!) Anyway, I just wanted to leave a link for those who are following the convoluted Israel elections. This link is not about Likud or Israel Beteinu or Meretz or any party. Just Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs history of Israel's elastic borders. Have fun here: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MF...t+Israel/Israel+in+Maps/
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#67 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:34:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Anti-Islamic film's maker faces UK ban

Story Highlights
* Wilders said he was to screen controversial film at UK parliament's upper house
* His film "Fitna" accused of painting Islam as a threat to Western society
* Britain's Home Office confirmed that Wilders had been denied entry
* Wilders says he opposes the "Islamization" of the European continent

read full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2...mmaker.uk.ban/index.html
geert.wilders.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#68 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:16:47 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Anti-Islam film's maker blasts UK over ban
Controversial Dutch filmmaker Geert Wilders condemned as "crazy and cowardly" Britain's refusal to let him enter the country Thursday. Wilders, a Dutch lawmaker who produced a much-criticized film about Islam last year, flew to London for a screening of the movie despite being told a day earlier he would not be admitted. full story
passport.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#69 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 8:57:45 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Founder of Islamic TV station accused of beheading wife

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said. full story
beheading.cnn.jpg
Offline kp  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:54:03 AM(UTC)
kp

Like we keep saying, it's not terrorism. It's Islam. Duh!

kp
Offline Matthew  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:22:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So he starts a TV channel to clean up the terrorist image that some Muslims have left upon Islam, but then he goes and beheads his own wife?! He is the perfect example of a good Muslim as defined by Muhammad.
Offline edStueart  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:29:34 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Yada wrote:
Founder of Islamic TV station accused of beheading wife

I want my 'M'-TV.
Offline Matthew  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:41:17 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

edStueart wrote:
I want my 'M'-TV.

Ed, I take it 'M' stands for Muhammad (which is synonymous with Murder) in this case?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Dire Straits!
Offline Yada  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:54:02 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Woman watches Taliban take over town she loves
Gul Bibi and her three children fled the Taliban's bloody interpretation of Islamic law in Pakistan's Swat Valley, hoping one day to return. But now that the Pakistani government has recognized Taliban rule in the region, Bibi -- who used a false name to protect her identity -- said those hopes have been dashed. "The West also doesn't realize the seriousness of the situation," Bibi said. full story
taliban.afp.gi.jpg
Offline In His Name  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:43:09 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Matthew wrote:
Ed, I take it 'M' stands for Muhammad (which is synonymous with Murder) in this case?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Dire Straits!

It looks like "dire straits" from here to the end!!....
Offline edStueart  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
edStueart

In His Name wrote:
It looks like "dire straits" from here to the end!!....

'M'(uslim)-TV...
'M'(uhammad)-TV...
'M'(urder)-TV...

Call it what you like.

Now, on to the real question: Are there hidden messages to sleeper cells contained in "Sultans of Swing" or "Brothers in Arms"?

Ed-'there-are-no-coincidences'-Stueart
Offline Yada  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#78 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:52:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

shoe.suspect.bgdtv.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#79 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:57:51 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Iran in 'backroom offers' to West
20 February 2009

Iran offered to stop attacking British troops in Iraq to try to get the West to drop objections to Tehran's uranium enrichment project, a UK official says.

The disclosure by UN ambassador Sir John Sawers in a BBC documentary throws new light on backroom discussions between Iran and the West.

Roadside bombing attacks on British and American soldiers in Iraq were at their height in 2005.

The extent of Iran's role in arming and training those militias was uncertain.

Tehran denied a role, while British officials tended to hedge their accusations with references to 'circumstantial evidence'.

But now a senior British official has revealed that not only did the Iranians privately admit their involvement, they even made an astonishing offer to switch off the attacks in Iraq if in return the West would stop blocking Iran's controversial nuclear programme.

The deal was dismissed by the British government and Iran's nuclear enrichment restarted shortly after. Read on

A Treaty of Hudaybiyah? I think so.
Offline Yada  
#80 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:09:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Somali leader accedes to demand for sharia law
Somali President Sharif Sheikh Hassan says he will give in to a rebel demand that he impose Islamic law, or sharia, in an effort to halt fighting between Somali forces and Islamic insurgents. full story
somalia.president.af.jpg
Offline Yada  
#81 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

afghanwomen.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#82 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 10:40:05 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Saudis order 40 lashes for elderly woman for mingling

Story Highlights

# Saudi newspaper says religious officer found two men in Syrian woman's house
# Khamisa Mohammed Sawadi said she breast-fed one of men when he was infant
# Sawadi argues that under Islamic tradition, that makes man related to her
# Men to receives lashes, too; case sparks outrage in conservative Saudi Arabia

(CNN) -- A Saudi Arabian court has sentenced a 75-year-old Syrian woman to 40 lashes, four months imprisonment and deportation from the kingdom for having two unrelated men in her house, according to local media reports. Full story.
Offline Matthew  
#83 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 11:27:39 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

That's sick. They do anything to lash anyone, they have no common sense. It's a shame what Islam does to their minds.

How's the passage a few sentences later from that same article?

Quote:
In 2007, a 19-year-old gang-rape victim in the Saudi city of Qatif was sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in prison for meeting with an unrelated male. The seven rapists, who had abducted the woman and man, received sentences ranging from 10 months to five years in prison. The case sparked international outrage and Saudi King Abdullah subsequently pardoned the "Qatif Girl" and the unrelated male.

In Somalia not long ago a small girl (13 years old) was gang raped and she got stoned to death for committing adultery, what happened to the men who did it I'm not sure. Check the article here, probably been posted on YN already but worth a shout again.
Offline Yada  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:59:14 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Gitmo prisoners defend 'blessed' 9/11
Five Guantanamo prisoners accused in the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the U.S. defended their actions Tuesday, calling the operation "blessed" and the accusations against them "badges of honor." Among the five is Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who has allegedly taken credit for plotting the 9/11 attacks. full story
ksm.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#85 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:00:40 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
Quote:

Iranian leader: Obama's rhetoric not enough
Iran has yet to see any change in U.S. policy towards Tehran despite U.S. President Barack Obama's offer of a "new beginning" in relations between the countries, Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Saturday. full story
khamenei2.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#86 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:03:07 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
Cabbies ask for right to pray in airport queue
By Stan Donaldson

CLEVELAND (RNS) A Muslim civil rights group is seeking a change in a new policy at Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport that bans Muslim taxi drivers who leave their cabs to pray.

The Cleveland-based chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said Standard Parking Co., which is contracted by the city to handle parking operations, enacted a new policy that prohibits cab drivers from leaving their vehicles while they wait in line to pick up arrivals at the airport.

The policy also bans prayer in the taxi queue and prohibits other cab drivers from advancing vehicles in the taxi …
Offline Yada  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:39:43 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

The article closes with:

Quote:
Umm al-Fahm was the scene of violent and fatal clashes with police in the past. The Jewish marchers wanted to do what Arabs and Muslims have been allowed to do in Tel Aviv -- stage marches
israel.protests.gi.jpg
Offline edStueart  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:05:14 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Praying to Allah gets you put in jail.

I have always prayed to YHWH after crashing in an airplane (3 times, so far...). I stayed busy, doing my job, and hope that the passengers are doing enough praying on our way down.
Offline Yada  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:18:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN - go figure:

Quote:
8-year-old bride? 4:57
CNN's Mohammed Jamjoon reports on a Saudi case involving a man attempting to marry an 8-year-old girl.
Offline edStueart  
#90 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:51:09 AM(UTC)
edStueart

NPR stumbles upon the truth.
-or-
Even a busted clock is right twice a day

On May 25th's Morning Edition show, broadcast by NPR (National Peoples Republic radio), Cory Flinthoff filed a report from Iraq regarding the mistreatment of blacks at the hands of Muslim Iraqi's.

The NPR even dared to reqount that 'blacks had come to Iraq as sailors or slaves' and 'in the 8th century, a slave rebellion had been put down by the Kalif'. Flinthoff then reported that blacks are demanding protection against physical abuse, 'like the Christians in Iraq are'.

Wow!

After this story was broadcast, they went right back to their regularly scheduled Obamarama Love Fest programing format...
Offline Yada  
#91 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:39:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

Didn't quite know where to put this. From CNN:

oliphant.cartoon.wp.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#92 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 6:31:02 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Quote:
New Visa requirements for South African nationals visiting the UK

With effect from Tuesday 03 March, South African passport holders will require a visa in order to visit or transit the United Kingdom. However, until mid-2009, South African nationals who have previously travelled to the UK on their current passport will be exempt from the visa requirement. This decision follows a global review of the UK's pre-entry immigration controls and reflects the UK government's commitment to strengthen its borders.

Source

This might not look like Islam in the News but it is. The reason for the visa restrictions is because the UK discovered that Muslims (mainly Pakistanis) were coming to South Africa to buy South African passports from the South African Home Office. Now all South Africans wanting to go to the UK have to apply in person at the UK offices in South Africa.

As a South African this is quite disappointing, we have to suffer more inconvenience due to the hand of Islam. But I'm glad the UK government labelled our Home Office as corrupt.

Quote:
S Africans will need visas for UK
09/02/2009 14:17 - (SA)

London - Britain's Home Office is imposing tougher visa requirements on South Africans as it seeks to combat emerging new terror fronts.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith says South Africans will need a visa to enter Britain in the future. They do not require one now.

The change follows concern that terrorists are exploiting the availability of stolen or forged South African passports.

Security officials say that South Africa also has become a new base for terrorist activity.

Prosecutors have alleged that a defendant in the 2006 trans-Atlantic terror plot flew to London from South Africa to lead the final stages of the plan to blow up at least seven airliners in suicide strikes.

The Home Office says it will outline visa changes later on Monday.

- AP

Source
Offline Yada  
#93 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2009 5:55:16 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

women.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#94 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 7:56:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
No money, no cops 2:09
CNN's Frederik Pleitgen on how the financial crisis is threatening Iraq's security.
Offline Yada  
#95 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:45:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Service:

Quote:
Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"The Islamic world should avail (itself) of this positive opportunity. The opening chapter of Obama in the Islamic world might be a real turning point. "

--Sheikh Nimaa Al-Abadi, a cleric at a prominent Islamic seminary in Najaf, Iraq, reflecting on President Obama's first overseas trip as president. He was quoted by the Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#96 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:57:42 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#97 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:21:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#98 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 3:08:53 AM(UTC)
Yada

Does anyone know what`s happening in Thailand? Is Islam involved? From CNN:

Quote:
Thai soldiers shoot, protesters rampage
Thai troops opened fire as they advanced on anti-government protesters Monday amid escalating violence on the streets of Bangkok that has left at least 70 people injured and transformed parts of the tourist hotspot into a battle zone. full story
sword.jpg
Offline Yada  
#99 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 2:43:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Pakistan deal enshrines sharia law
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari signed into law Monday a peace deal for the nation's Swat Valley that includes implementing Islamic law, or sharia, in the volatile region, according to a presidential spokesman. full story
swat.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#100 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:28:29 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Divorced by text message 1:42
In Saudi Arabia, a husband divorced his wife via text message and a court approved it. CNN's Mahommed Jamjoom reports.