logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Royce  
#101 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 1:59:25 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester wrote:
I think I answered this question in my last post (which I was writing while you posted yours).

But just in case:

I mean that I restart the count each month with the moon, yes, but that I also add another day at the beginning of each month (and sometimes another at the end) that doesn't get included in the seven-day week.

To repeat a bit of what I wrote in the last post:

The New Moon Days add a day (sometimes two, roughly every-other lunar month) to the count. So, you've got your four continous weeks of seven days each (28 days that perfectly match the Gregorian calendar 7-day cycle), but then you have a New Moon Day (or two) that doesn't correlate, throwing off the relationship.

This happens each month, so the relationship gets skewed a bit more each time it happens.

If we start out with the lunar Sabbath landing on a Saturday, it will only be that way for four in a row. Then, it will land on a different day for four weeks in a row. And so on, until it comes back around and lands on Saturday again. Overall, it's going to land on days-besides-Saturday more often than it will land on Saturday, so following a Saturday Sabbath is going to be "wrong" most of the time. (That is, if you believe that Yahuwah cares about you following the Sabbath, and about you following the Sabbath as he calculates it in the Torah.)

As regards the days of the week changing, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I may have answered that above.

I can think of two historical examples when things got moved around, but neither had an interruption of the continuous cycle of the seven days. Just for fun, I'll share them anyways.

One example would be Constantine switching things around on the Roman calendar, moving Sunday to the first column -- to better emphasize the Sun, of course. But I don't think anything was changed other than the format of the calendars. The week continued to flow uninterrupted, moving from one day to the next.

Another example would be when Pope Gregory 13th managed to "update" the Julian calendar, jumping ahead ten days (and thus skipping those ten days). I believe the transition worked like this: the last day of the Julian calendar was Thursday the 4th, and the first day of the new Gregorian calendar was Friday the 15th. But you would be right that, again, the flow of the week was uninterrupted.

Let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Q

HMMMM, Ok I know the Feasts are by the month but the day isnt. The seventh day could fall on any day number during the month but you will change some weeks if you continuously switch them around and some will not have the correct amount of days. If I am following you (kinda tired but will sit down and read it good later) OK say you get to the end of a month and your havent had a Sabbath for that week but then you start over you will go more than seven days with no Sabbath.
OK I just read the thing about the calender and it seems you agree with me there so maybe I need to come back and read this later after I get some rest. Talk to you later Q.
Offline Royce  
#102 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:06:06 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester wrote:
Hi Royce,

As another possibility, Yahuwah might not even care whether we observe Sabbath. Certainly Yahushua didn't observe Sabbath "correctly" (in terms of following all the rules associated with it, at least) -- as I understand it anyways. I believe the criticisms of him not observing the Sabbath were legitimate criticisms. But he did know which day it was supposed to be on (whether he always observed it or not), since the calendar he followed at that time was still the correct one. And maybe his justification of "my father is always working" wouldn't apply to us in the same way it applied to him. Or maybe that's the new perspective. Too much to think about.

Q

OK I will start a new thread later bro, I am sure it matters.
Offline Royce  
#103 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:16:47 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

OK Q, started on in Seekers, Skeptics, and Inquirers bro. let me have it ;-)
Offline Quester  
#104 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:01:16 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

tlc wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Toni.

Hi Toni.

tlc wrote:
It's been three weeks since my last church service.

"last" church service? Does that mean you're never going back?
What was the reason for terminating your attendance?

tlc wrote:
Three weeks is a long time and also a very short time! It's a Short time as it compares to what I see that I need to know and the panic i am feeling.

I'm going to guess what you mean by "the panic i am feeling."

You mean that a sense of great urgency to know the Truth has come over you, but that with (a) no good information about how to get to know that Truth, (b) the realization that years of church involvement hasn't gotten you any closer to Truth (wasted time), (c) the realization that years of church involvement has actually taken you further away from Truth (which is worse than just wasted time), and possibly also (d) the feeling of being "left behind" (and I don't mean rapture), you're feeling overwhelmed.

If you've gotten into the prophetic dating stuff at all, you're probably also feeling like time is very short before "the end of the world" (perhaps as little as fifteen years left, according to Yada's dating efforts), which may be upping that sense of urgency even more. I can imagine how you could be feeling panicked. =)

Is my guess even close?

tlc wrote:
A Long time as it compares to the great freedom from the "fake it till you make it" christian fellowships and all their functions, works and country club mentality.

That you could even write something with that much perspective, tells me that you are well on your way.

At least in terms of being well on your way "out" of church and the false christian religion. In terms of being well on your way "in" to a legitimate relationship with YHWH, I can't say.

tlc wrote:
I have always felt that I was set apart from the christian people and churches I was involved with, always feeling on the outside looking in, and wondering why anyone would want to be "in"! I've seen more than my fair share of wolves in sheeps clothing and have been the most or one of the most skeptical christians in the churches i've attended. I've seen more sin in the church, more phony balony, back biting/stabbing, cult like people worship and "look at me, look at me" & christian cliche masters programs to fill a whole page.

So that is even more evidence that you are well on your way. And from my perspective, is very encouraging evidence.

I've known hundreds of people who left church, but few of them could make such sweeping statements about what's wrong with church, even years later (you're only three weeks later). And even fewer could look back and say, "I have always felt that I was set apart."

Your leaving is a great step of progress, and the start of something new.

tlc wrote:
Let me say, I am really glad I found this forum through the Yada Yahweh page and can't seem to absorb enough of it all, fast enough to suit me. I'm just getting acquainted with the YY site and have found many threads here that I'm sure I can add to what I'm learning.

Just don't think that you've found the one-stop-shop for all things correct.

While participation in such a forum as this almost guarantees a certain level of "out-ness" (and can thus be very exciting for someone who is herself just coming out -- "we have so much in common!"), it's more about where we go after we've left Egypt / Babylon / pick your analogy. Or more precisely, it's more about with whom we are traveling after we've left. And I don't mean Moses.

While there are great topics being discussed here -- topics you've probably never heard about, let alone heard anyone discuss in detail -- and while you will most certainly gain from reading (and/or joining) the various discussions, the biggest topic of all for some reason goes undiscussed. As I've been ranting about for a few days now. So, obviously this forum doesn't have all the required information, and is thus not a "one-stop-shop." (Unless you think such a "relational knowing" with YHWH can safely be reduced to celebrating festivals, vaguely following the law, and reading about him in the scriptures -- in which case you may disagree with me!)

To use a different analogy (but one that is still related to Egypt / Babylon), I would say that you have just exited the "wide road to destruction," which I interpret as meaning any religion that advertises itself as being a road that heads towards the "God" of the scriptures. So, great job on getting off the "highway to hell." Sure, there's a lot of your thinking that still needs to change, but you have physically removed yourself from the highway. And that's something.

The question now is: will you find the narrow gate, and if you do, will you go through it? I've known plenty of people who got off the highway, and even found the narrow gate, but ultimately weren't willing to go through it, due to the high price of entry. Which sounds crazy -- after all that progress, they didn't go through? But if you think of it as a toll gate -- one that costs everything to go through -- you can begin to understand why someone wouldn't. (They love their own life too much.) Maybe a topic for another thread?

So, keep your thinking cap firmly on top of your head, and don't believe what anyone (whether on this forum, or elsewhere) tells you, without at least thinking about it for a little while... That's my advice to you. =)

But it's probably not advice you need, seeing as how you were (already) thinking for yourself, even while you were still attending church. Good thing you got the advice for free, then!

tlc wrote:
I'm looking forward to more from Questar and the proposed topic on Yada Yahweh: the relationship not the book! lol !

Well, there was a little more. =)

Thanks for your interest in my proposed topic. Maybe after another hundred people say the same thing, the forum genie will grant me my wish.

Q
Offline Quester  
#105 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:25:23 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Royce wrote:
OK say you get to the end of a month and your havent had a Sabbath for that week but then you start over you will go more than seven days with no Sabbath.

That's right.

According to how I understand the "Torah calendar," the Sabbath-every-seven-days cycle never repeats itself for more than four weeks at a time. There's always a one or two day interruption between that four-week cycle, due to the one or two days related to the New Moon.

So, if you are really big on NOT interrupting the continuous seven-day cycle, you won't like the "Torah calendar."

Which is fine, because I've never seen one printed in (the back of) a bible, so it may not even be that important.
(just kidding, of course)

Q

Edit: that was my last response (in this thread) to the calendar stuff.
Back to saying "hello" to people...
Offline Royce  
#106 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:20:55 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quote:
don't believe what anyone (whether on this forum, or elsewhere) tells you, without at least thinking about it for a little while... That's my advice to you. =)
Good advice Q.
Offline James  
#107 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 3:05:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Quester, the topics are very loosely titled, and the intent I believe to try to cover the majority of peoples interest. I'm not aware of how to add a new topic, Yada may know how to do that. I think either the Fellowship or the Religion vs Relationship topics would be the best to put a topic along the lines of which you are wanting.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Quester  
#108 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 12:38:37 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

James wrote:
Quester, the topics are very loosely titled, and the intent I believe to try to cover the majority of peoples interest.

Alright, the topics are "very loosely titled."

But also derived from concepts (that were already developed) in the YY book (as rv stated)?
And just given here in the forum, essentially as sub-topics of the book for us to discuss?
If so (if the forum design is based on the contents of the book), then why doesn't the book talk about my proposed topic?
Because if it did actually talk about "yada yahweh" in any great detail, it would have been obvious during the forum design stage that such a topic as "the relationship, not the book" should be on the list.

If the intent of the forum is to cover the majority of peoples' interest, then the forum creator must not have anticipated that people would have any interest in discussing the relationship specifically.

Either way you look at it, it's a serious oversight, and needs to be corrected (with the addition of another topic).

James wrote:
I'm not aware of how to add a new topic, Yada may know how to do that.

Thanks for the direct answer.
Yada?

James wrote:
I think either the Fellowship or the Religion vs Relationship topics would be the best to put a topic along the lines of which you are wanting.

I agree that those two already-existing topics are the best-of-what's-available, but you know my reasons for not thinking that they are, in fact, the best.

Q
Offline James  
#109 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:00:35 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Quester wrote:
Alright, the topics are "very loosely titled."

But also derived from concepts (that were already developed) in the YY book (as rv stated)?
And just given here in the forum, essentially as sub-topics of the book for us to discuss?
If so (if the forum design is based on the contents of the book), then why doesn't the book talk about my proposed topic?
Because if it did actually talk about "yada yahweh" in any great detail, it would have been obvious during the forum design stage that such a topic as "the relationship, not the book" should be on the list.

If the intent of the forum is to cover the majority of peoples' interest, then the forum creator must not have anticipated that people would have any interest in discussing the relationship specifically.

Either way you look at it, it's a serious oversight, and needs to be corrected (with the addition of another topic).

As for why it's not in the book, I would suggest emailing Yada, and asking him. You can reach him at email@yadayahweh.com

quester wrote:
Thanks for the direct answer.
Yada?

Yada is the Nick of the "head" forum moderator, I put head in quotes because it's not some official position, it's just he has the most experience having been doing it the longest. You might PM him through the forum, and see if he would be capable of adding it.

Offline tlc  
#110 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:56:01 PM(UTC)
tlc

Thanks "Fam" for your comments.

I was too vague before, in an effort to keep things as brief as possible.

I am very overwhelmed with how much time I have spent reading & studying a "word" that was twisted. Years pursuing emptiness, like clouds without water!

I am equally overwhelmed with the amount of material I now need to become deeply acquainted with. I can only start at the beginning, where ever that may be. There seems to be quite a few several good places I could begin. Sure wish I could "speed read", but I don't. It's going to be slow going.

I said before that I have been to my last church service - which is true. The fellowship and love for God's souls makes me want to keep the connection for the future when I know more and have the confidence to share without running people off. I would like to be able to tailor my participation (if I do go back) to be approved by God, but I think It would be easier or maybe even better to cut the cord with a simple and brief explanation of my hasty exit, while I soak in the Yada Yahweh material.

I fully intend to check out all materials for myself. I appreciate all efforts to guide me to the sources you have found to be helpful. I also appreciate correction. I know that it is a necessary part to my growth.

That's enough for now, i hope. I'm looking forward to the future posts.

I would like to be able to track topics if anyone knows how to accomplish that, let me know.

thanks,
toni
Offline Royce  
#111 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 5:28:16 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

tlc wrote:
Thanks "Fam" for your comments.

I was too vague before, in an effort to keep things as brief as possible.

I am very overwhelmed with how much time I have spent reading & studying a "word" that was twisted. Years pursuing emptiness, like clouds without water!

I am equally overwhelmed with the amount of material I now need to become deeply acquainted with. I can only start at the beginning, where ever that may be. There seems to be quite a few several good places I could begin. Sure wish I could "speed read", but I don't. It's going to be slow going.

I said before that I have been to my last church service - which is true. The fellowship and love for God's souls makes me want to keep the connection for the future when I know more and have the confidence to share without running people off. I would like to be able to tailor my participation (if I do go back) to be approved by God, but I think It would be easier or maybe even better to cut the cord with a simple and brief explanation of my hasty exit, while I soak in the Yada Yahweh material.

I fully intend to check out all materials for myself. I appreciate all efforts to guide me to the sources you have found to be helpful. I also appreciate correction. I know that it is a necessary part to my growth.

That's enough for now, i hope. I'm looking forward to the future posts.

I would like to be able to track topics if anyone knows how to accomplish that, let me know.

thanks,
toni
as for tracking I have only seen the option to be emailed when you get a comment to your post.
Offline Royce  
#112 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:53:49 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

I think when it comes to starting a new topic its pretty common sense to find the forum that your new topic could be the most closely related to or fall under and put it there. Dont see the reason for all the fuss over this. I dont think most have a problem with this part of the process.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:30:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline littleone  
#113 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:06:50 PM(UTC)
littleone

Hi everyone, I'm Jennifer. I've been lurking here a good while and finally decided to introduce myself.

I've been what you might call a lifelong seeker...I've looked into just about everything except Islam and Crowleyism (both of which scared me). I just wanted to find the truth...and everytime I thought I'd found it, I'd realize I'd been deceived. The sadness of deception was sometimes so bad I thought there just might be validity to athiesm...since God would never be as inconsistent and illogical as most religions/paths make Him out to be. Yada Yahweh has been a real gift.

Anyhow, I'm very happy to be here. :-)

Offline Juski  
#114 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:38:35 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hi Jenifer,

Welcome to YY -its great to have another girl on the site :)

Jude
Offline James  
#115 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:38:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Welcome Jennifer.

I can remember looking and studying a lot of different religions and thinking the same thing as you. It's the reason I spent most of my life as an agnostic, not so much about the existence of God, but about who He was.

So welcome to the forum.

Offline littleone  
#116 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:31:28 AM(UTC)
littleone

Juski and James--

Thank you for the welcome! :-)

Jennifer
Offline Salmarnir  
#117 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:48:31 PM(UTC)
Salmarnir

HI! my name is mike and tonight is my first time on this forum and website! My eyes and my heart were recently opened up to this truly amazing website through my girlfriends father.. one of the wisest men i know. Ive only gotten through the first chapter of genesis so far and all i can say is yahshua is working in my life tremendously! and man is it awesome! Im a pretty young guy at the age of 21 and have been following what i thought to be the true word of "God" for about half of my life and constantly in prayer for a better understanding. After a long discussion tonight im finally realizing that some of it was faulty and fake and its all seeming to make sense to me now. Its going to be an awesome journey that im very excited to partake in, and although im not to familiar with blogging or forums i hope to be a regular participant with all you wonderful people and i pray that we can all grow close and work on this discovery together in bettering our relationship with Yahshua! again my name is mike, keep me in your prayers! thank you
Offline Richard  
#118 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:26:00 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Salmarnir wrote:
HI! my name is mike and tonight is my first time on this forum and website! My eyes and my heart were recently opened up to this truly amazing website through my girlfriends father.. one of the wisest men i know. Ive only gotten through the first chapter of genesis so far and all i can say is yahshua is working in my life tremendously! and man is it awesome! Im a pretty young guy at the age of 21 and have been following what i thought to be the true word of "God" for about half of my life and constantly in prayer for a better understanding. After a long discussion tonight im finally realizing that some of it was faulty and fake and its all seeming to make sense to me now. Its going to be an awesome journey that im very excited to partake in, and although im not to familiar with blogging or forums i hope to be a regular participant with all you wonderful people and i pray that we can all grow close and work on this discovery together in bettering our relationship with Yahshua! again my name is mike, keep me in your prayers! thank you

Welcome aboard, Mike! Like James, one of the moderators, says in his signature, don't take anybody's word on anything. Check it all out for yourself. Most of what we need to know is available on line, but it won't hurt at all to invest in certain hard-copy helps and software if you can afford it. Mostly, exult in freedom from religion and all its clerics, for such is this Way to which we are called: freedom to be children of Yahuwah.

The forum software is buggy and not all posts show up until someone "bumps" that thread. Don't even ask me how that works. But for the most part, this is a great place to fellowship, even if it isn't always in the right now or face-to-face.

Richard
Offline James  
#119 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:55:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Welcome Mike, it's nice to have you.

Don't let the age thing make you feel like you don't have anything to offer. I was just a little older that you when I came here. The most frustrating thing about youth is no one listens to you, at least those that are older, but I found this forum to be a very open place where people listen and consider what you have to say regardless, at least as long as you are civil. SO I hope you find it to be a good source for both information and fellowship.

And like Richard said, the software is buggy at best, so sometimes you have to dig to find stuff that should be readily available. If you find a thread that you are really interested in following I would recommend bookmarking it, or memorizing the path which can be seen at the top of the page, this one for instance is Yada Yahweh Forum » » Fellowship » Hello my name is. . .

If you have any questions or insights feel free to post, and again welcome.

Offline VinceB.  
#120 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:57:51 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Hello dear beloved Called-Out Assembly,

I'm another newbie to the forums; having read to chapter 11 of Questioning Paul - needless to say, I no longer see Paul as an apostle of Ma'aseyah; rather, I see him as being, perhaps, the very first anti-Chrestus/Ma'aseyah and did what the devil does best: kill steal and destroy...

Having been turned around by Yahowah - I am now going in the correct direction to do as what was given to us for an example when Yahowah walked the earth as Yahowsha' demonstrated observed and fulfilled the Torah Prophets and Psalms; and as if that weren't enough: He also became the Passover, the very Gateway into our being invited to participate with Him as He can be trusted and relied upon to fulfill everything else He's promised; as well as the three remaining Called-Out Assemblies...

I appreciate the tremendous efforts that have gone into making Yada Yahwey what it is: a gateway into the truth...God's truth...

Having come out of both RCC early on, followed by evangelicalism since 1984, most recently...I can safely say I am indebted for all the hard work put into revealing the truth and allowing the pieces to fall where they will; which all truth seekers will be able to relate to, and that has been done here at YY.

So with Yah's continued help, I'll continue to finish reading (with the hopes to re-read Questioning Paul again...very powerful stuff), and reading other information as has been revealed by the producers of Yada Yahwey...

Yah's best on those of this forum,

Vince B.

HWHY
Offline James  
#121 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 2:42:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Welcome Vince.

Offline Richard  
#122 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 2:47:30 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Yeah, welcome, VinceB!

Richard
Offline Walt  
#123 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 3:21:28 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Welcome Vince
Lots of good info here and good seeking people.

Where in the Rockies are you? I'm on the western slope
Offline VinceB.  
#124 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 2:26:10 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Thanks folks for the welcome and regards...

I do plan to frequent the forums, checking daily postings, but not post to much in the way of comments and/or sharing to much; I'm still new to the forums and feel there's still so much to learn and read at YY that I don't feel competent enough to post a whole lot...realizing opinions really don't matter a whole lot (and need to be educated, and make informed comments/posts; besides, as best as I can figure out, we've had more than enough opinion the past 2000 years, when we got Paul's deceptive opinions codified as being Scripture (inspired of God)...

So, thanks again for the welcomes...and I hope to post question, comments, concerns little by little more and more as I, with Yah's help, get myself educated and up to speed...

Yah's best

VB

PS Hey Walt, I'm over on the eastern slope short of Ft Collins CO a few miles...
HWHY
Offline James  
#125 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:27:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Vince, even if you may feel you don't have anything to offer, engaging in discussion is still a great way to learn. I would encourage you to engage as well as follow. That said if you don't yet feel comfortable engaging I understand, I spent about six month following the forum before I felt comfortable enough to engage, but I have never regretted engaging.

Offline lassie1865  
#126 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 2:41:01 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Welcome Vince - nice to have another person from Colorado. I live about an hour south of Fort Collins.
Offline VinceB.  
#127 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:49:14 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Thanks James and lassie1865 for the welcomes...

James, I'll make some attempts to make question or comment as things go along - there's just so much to unlearn and learn, and re-reinforce now...Pauline Doctrine is inbred into us generationally from the womb for those who've been made to defaulted, by birth, to the religious scheme the world knows as Christianity...and up until a few months ago I thought the Torah was related to Islam, at worst - and/or Judaism at best (neither one being all that clear to me)...now I know about Judaism and the Talmud (with its want to add and take away from Torah via its oral traditions doing to it what Paul's done to those following his doctrine); and now being at chapter 11 of Questioning Paul, I also know a little bit about Muhammad...so again, I'll make some comments as I continue to grow...

lassie1865, I'm about 35 minutes north of Ft Collins...I noticed one or two folks from Colorado on here...
HWHY
Offline cgb2  
#128 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 2:34:12 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
VinceB. wrote:

lassie1865, I'm about 35 minutes north of Ft Collins...I noticed one or two folks from Colorado on here...

Welcome Vince. I'm in Southern CO, 30 miles above CoSpgs near Divide.
Offline Noel  
#129 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:30:06 AM(UTC)
Noel

Welcome Vince B

You are right in your assessment on your original post and it further illustrates how christianity is half correct only.
Some christian friends said to me recently "yes, but the Jewish Law is not for us any more because Jesus came to fulfill it".
Half correct of course. You alluded to this in your post

In fact he says that he has come to not destroy the law but to fulfill it, 'verily I say unto you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY NOT ONE JOT OR TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW UNTIL ALL BE FULFILLED.

All is not fulfilled, yet. (The fall feasts ,3 in number aren't yet, for a start, Nor has heaven and earth passed away as far as I am aware. If it has, it certainly was not on last night's TV news here in the U.K). And we are at least 5 hours ahead of most of you lot.

I am compiling a fuller list of half truths which the christian system uses. So far I have this uncompleted verse (above) and also the Great commission where christians give out the first bit and ignore the second about baptizing them in the NAME of the father the NAME of the son etc, and instructing them to 'teach them to OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU.....'

Anyone any other ideas of half truth doctrine for christians who think they already know it all?

N
Offline VinceB.  
#130 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:30:32 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Thanks cgb2 and Noel...

...and yes, Noel, I agree with you - I agree it has been Pauline Doctrine with all its half truths, coupled with his twisting it to fit his twisted agendas, agendas that lavishly/brazenly went out of its way to circumvent all that God had said, did, and all that He said He's going to do in the hearts and minds of people - so as to try and prevent/block our total trust and reliance upon Him, while He's 'gifted' us (those of "The Way" "Called-Out Assemblies)to participate with Him in our observing/learning/knowing/celebrating with Him in all He told us to do; and also participate in witnessing Him fulfilling the last three Feasts, just as He had the first four, as you'd mentioned) - and thus, many Christian lay, and its leadership, have been prone to want to apologize (being pro-Pauling) for Paul and/or excuse Paul, unable to think out of the matrix/box to see that Paul was all wrong from the get-go; to see Sha'uwl was, perhaps the very first, post-Yahowsha', anti-Chrestus/Ma'aseyah who ever walked the earth...he was a wolf in 'sheep's' clothing just like the institutions fathered by Paul; just like so many politicians from all the political parties...Pauline Doctrine sets the 'foundation-stone', as it were, for all the coloring of the laws; color of law that criminals -of every stripe- can find protection and/or cover to profit (for gain/advantage) from: both in and out of the Christianity Religious Schemes...

BTW you being from UK, I was a huge fan of CH Spurgeon (always reading his daily devotionals and listening to him on cloudaudio...); but needless to say: those days are over, he's so pro-Paul as all the Christian Church fathers were...

cgb2, I'm north of Wellington...

My apologizes if I seem long winded; it's as if I'm reiterating, and re-reiterating, these truths to myself, as much as making comments to my having been welcomed by you all, to these forms...

Thanks again folks.

Yahowah's best on those of these forums.
HWHY
Offline Walt  
#131 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 7:00:03 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

VinceB. wrote:

My apologizes if I seem long winded; it's as if I'm reiterating, and re-reiterating, these truths to myself, as much as making comments to my having been welcomed by you all, to these forms...

Hey, talk away. Better to be clear then misunderstood, also that's how we get to know each other - more dialog is better
As we seek & discern TRUTH, and we discuss it with others, we are not only sharing insight & understanding & perspectives with others - we get better clarity ourselves as we try to convey the thoughts to others.

It's when conversation ceases that problems really escalate - then the dreaded "assumptions" start to rule

To quote a Pink Floyd song
Quote:
It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

Also, check your PMs
Offline tagim  
#132 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:25:48 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Welcome, indeed, Vince. You could not have come to a better site.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#133 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 4:35:46 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Welcome Vince

:)
Offline Royce  
#134 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 7:10:25 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Welcome buddy.
Offline VinceB.  
#135 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 7:45:28 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Thanks folks...

It seems like a wonderful site. Lots of support, and a heck of a lot of information.
HWHY
Offline VinceB.  
#136 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 7:25:00 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Well, in the short time I've been here on YY I've learned a lot and have really appreciated all your thought provoking comments and commentaries on issues facing the family: Yah's Called-Out Assemblies...

Now that I have finished QP I now turn my attention to Yada Yahwey on my journey to try and learn all I can about what we really have from God without all the lies...

I guess one of my biggest concerns now, is how to go about celebrating and participating in the Feast Days - I know we have a big one coming Monday April 14th...and apart from acknowledging it (and desiring to participate), I don't think there's a whole lot I'm going to be able to do, this year, about it anyway...Yah says observe while the boss says work...I'd much rather disobey the boss and obey Yah than what Yisrael has a long history of doing; and we all know how that ended up...

So, I'll be checking out the forums as indicated when I started, but will now start focusing on Yada Yahwey and that 2000 page study...

Yah's best to Yah's family
HWHY
Offline ks77  
#137 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:24:10 PM(UTC)
ks77

Don't really know where to post this, I didn't want to make a brand new thread and since I couldn't see a general news topic I'll post it here. Someone can move it if there's a better place?

I just thought some people might be interested in watching this, "A World View Interview with Benjamin Netanyahu"

http://www.youtube.com/w...MWo&feature=featured
Offline Yishai  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:59:42 AM(UTC)
Yishai
Man

Hello, my name is Jesse.

This website was introduced to me by a friend of mine. Wow! All I can say is wow.

I am a PK and have grown up and I am a member in a Baptist Church. I've served as a Worship leader for years. Everything I read seems correct. As much as I don't want to believe what is espoused here, I almost can't help myself. I've been devouring this stuff and related websites for almost a year now. Everything I read in the bible is a new story as though I'd never read it before. Some of the changes are no big deal, everyone just looks at me funny. Some of them not so much. Paul not being an actual apostle is not something to say lightly...yet it just seems to make sense and puts everything back in working order again for me. If I was single, I would be all in. But I'm married with kids...it seems to make the decision a lot more difficult as I would be leading my entire family off the beaten path and at this point I feel like I'm joining a cult. AAAAAHHH. I most likely will not be writing much on the forums, but I am a reader and will be learning from those here. I wanted to let you know I was here. Thanks for all the info and truth.

Jesse
Offline VinceB.  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:21:57 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Yishai wrote:
Hello, my name is Jesse.

This website was introduced to me by a friend of mine. Wow! All I can say is wow.

I am a PK and have grown up and I am a member in a Baptist Church. I've served as a Worship leader for years. Everything I read seems correct. As much as I don't want to believe what is espoused here, I almost can't help myself. I've been devouring this stuff and related websites for almost a year now. Everything I read in the bible is a new story as though I'd never read it before. Some of the changes are no big deal, everyone just looks at me funny. Some of them not so much. Paul not being an actual apostle is not something to say lightly...yet it just seems to make sense and puts everything back in working order again for me. If I was single, I would be all in. But I'm married with kids...it seems to make the decision a lot more difficult as I would be leading my entire family off the beaten path and at this point I feel like I'm joining a cult. AAAAAHHH. I most likely will not be writing much on the forums, but I am a reader and will be learning from those here. I wanted to let you know I was here. Thanks for all the info and truth.

Jesse

Welcome Jesse,

I can say you're not in this boat alone...first time I read and came to understand how what Paul had to say about Yahowah, and Yahowah's Word, wasn't the same as what Yahowah said and revealed - I thought it was blasphemy; a few months later I picked the material up again and began reading with an open mind and heart (because I was and am sick and tired of all the lies...I wanted the truth regardless of where the road led) I'm now anti all things Paul and his twisted doctrines which basically got me excommunicated from my parents and siblings...but what are we supposed to do when we learn the truth? I can't deny Yah and continue to listen to Paul...I had a choice to pick One or the other and I picked Yah over Paul...

Yah's best on you and yours'

HWHY
Offline James  
#140 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:24:05 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Jesse,

Welcome, i am glad you have found the forum and the books to be so helpful, I hope that you will engage and post however. I have found that discussion can be a more productive tool than just reading, and I think everyone would benefit from your contributing as well as reading. But do what works for you.

As for your wife and kids, I would say that you should never force anything on them, but you should certainly expose them to what you have come to know and understand. Let them make the same decision as you based on the same evidence. And yes if you choose to follow Yah's instructions, you will be labeled many things by man, a cult member, a kook, a weirdo, etc. And I can guarantee if you decided to keep Yah's festivals and tell people they will probably ask if you are becoming Jewish. But in the end it is worth it, the relationship you share with Yah is worth all the funny looks and name calling.

Cult - a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.

Religion - a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

Sound pretty similar when you look at them don't they. The only real difference between a cult and a religion is how long it's been around and how many members it has. That said if this is a cult it's most oddly constructed one I have ever heard of, there is no central authority, everyone is encouraged to study for themselves, and question everyone else, no money is asked for by anyone let alone expected.

The forum, and YY in general is just a bunch of people with the same goal all trying to help each other. And again the more people the more likely we will reach that goal, so please feel free to join in.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:23:38 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Welcome!

You are where I was just a couple of years ago. Check out
THIS THREAD
for some encouragement.

And feel free to ask any questions, or just use the board to share what's going on.
You never know when your experience, thought, or inquiry will help someone else.

Shalom!

Offline Richard  
#142 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:30:27 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Welcome aboard, Jesse! The posts between yours and mine pretty much cover it. May the Father of lights delight to turn the hearts of your good wife and beautiful children to His Word by shining the pure light of His Word onto their several mistaken beliefs.

Richard
Offline Yishai  
#143 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:26:05 PM(UTC)
Yishai
Man

James wrote:

Cult - a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.

Religion - a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

Sound pretty similar when you look at them don't they. The only real difference between a cult and a religion is how long it's been around and how many members it has. That said if this is a cult it's most oddly constructed one I have ever heard of, there is no central authority, everyone is encouraged to study for themselves, and question everyone else, no money is asked for by anyone let alone expected.

I hear that!

I've always viewed Christian cults as those groups that add to the Bible as the basis for their faith. This looks like I'm going to be "taking away" from the bible. Here's what's funny: long before I ever started this studying I always struggled with the fact that New Testament writers are referring to the Torah whenever they talk, yet for some reason we never actually would reference the Torah ourselves. We memorize Acts 17:11, yet we never "examine the scriptures daily" like the Acts church did, because we only look at the new Testament. We celebrate holidays with completely Pagan roots and would NEVER allow a missionary to do the same in a new culture if they wanted to get the culture to buy into Christianity. The inconsistencies have always mounted up in a way that was incredibly frustrating. We make our religion about which hymnal to sing from rather than how can we better lift up the REAL name of God (ever noticed how so many songs talk about the name of God, yet I can't think of one traditional hymn that actually uses it?).

My good friend has made the "break" in his family's worship. I have not. We celebrated Passover this year (with a bunch of Christians doing a Seder) and that was a start for us. When I got to Church Easter Sunday to get ready for music, there were chocolate Easter eggs on everyone's music stand and I almost got sick to my stomach. I proceeded to say Happy Easter about 4000 times to everyone that said it to me first and I literally was getting sick about it. Then I went to my parents and had a wonderful HAM for dinner where my mom gave my kids a bunch of Easter coloring books, DVD and candy. It was crazy. i've never been so uncomfortable with Easter. I almost get more upset when someone calls it Resurrection Sunday because they seem to know the whole thing is wrong and are now trying to ease their conscience by changing the name.

All I can think about now, is how am I going to plan for the fall festivals now and how do I not participate in Christmas? I have 10 siblings that all live nearby and have done music my whole life...I can feel the discomfort in my skin just typing this thinking about this next year and how to handle it. I'm trying to understand how I can be involved in our current Church with the beliefs I am developing. How can we observe the Sabbath and still do Church on Sunday without going crazy. How do we protect our kids from internalizing the not so good from Church? If we don't stay in the church, where do we go? Do we move to a place where we can be near other believers like us? How do I even talk to someone about any of this stuff? If I approached anyone in my church about things like QP, the floodgates would open and I am not prepared to defend my newfound beliefs with a Pastor that has gone to school and preached on something for his whole life. I find the arguments frustrating as they seem to be dead end. Someone who believes all that Paul said to be scripture cannot consider scripture without the filter of Pauline theology on everything they read. Not that I can either, but I seem to have this predisposition to being able to drop it without even trying, except for the fact that I worry I'm sending myself to hell :)

I pray for oodles of discernment as I continue to wade through all of this and that the Holy Spirit confirms with me any changes that I make in my thinking/believing moving forward as I lead my family down the narrow path.
Offline tagim  
#144 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:50:38 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Welcome, Yishai, I like your intro, and believe me, you will like it here. Thank you for your post.
Offline James  
#145 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:31:25 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Quote:
I've always viewed Christian cults as those groups that add to the Bible as the basis for their faith. This looks like I'm going to be "taking away" from the bible. Here's what's funny: long before I ever started this studying I always struggled with the fact that New Testament writers are referring to the Torah whenever they talk, yet for some reason we never actually would reference the Torah ourselves. We memorize Acts 17:11, yet we never "examine the scriptures daily" like the Acts church did, because we only look at the new Testament. We celebrate holidays with completely Pagan roots and would NEVER allow a missionary to do the same in a new culture if they wanted to get the culture to buy into Christianity. The inconsistencies have always mounted up in a way that was incredibly frustrating. We make our religion about which hymnal to sing from rather than how can we better lift up the REAL name of God (ever noticed how so many songs talk about the name of God, yet I can't think of one traditional hymn that actually uses it?).

Speaking from the other side, agnostic, I saw the same thing in Christianity and that was why I could never become a Christian. Christians don't seem to realize that they really drive people away from God because of their religion, intelligent people have studied pagan religions look at Christianity from the outside, and see all of this pagan stuff, like Christmas and Easter, and will dismiss Scripture because they think that it is in there. Christians wonder why Jews don't convert, they know the Torah better than Christians, and a Messiah born on Christmas that dies and raises on Easter in complete accord with pagan religions is not in the Torah.

It drives me and my wife crazy when we hear all the Christian songs talking about God's name, and Christian's going on about there being no name under heaven by which man must be saved other than Jebus. Then you point out that that is not His name, and that they don't know His name, and you get the response, well his name isn't that important. They love His name and it's important to them, until you show them that it is wrong.

Quote:
My good friend has made the "break" in his family's worship. I have not. We celebrated Passover this year (with a bunch of Christians doing a Seder) and that was a start for us. When I got to Church Easter Sunday to get ready for music, there were chocolate Easter eggs on everyone's music stand and I almost got sick to my stomach. I proceeded to say Happy Easter about 4000 times to everyone that said it to me first and I literally was getting sick about it. Then I went to my parents and had a wonderful HAM for dinner where my mom gave my kids a bunch of Easter coloring books, DVD and candy. It was crazy. i've never been so uncomfortable with Easter. I almost get more upset when someone calls it Resurrection Sunday because they seem to know the whole thing is wrong and are now trying to ease their conscience by changing the name.

Up until about 3 years ago, I would go to family Christmas and Easter dinners, and just stomach it and try to enjoy the family time, but it got worse and worse, and finally I just couldn't do it anymore, and I just stooped going. I still do family dinners for national holidays like Thanksgiving and Independence day, but I can't do religious ones.

Quote:
All I can think about now, is how am I going to plan for the fall festivals now and how do I not participate in Christmas? I have 10 siblings that all live nearby and have done music my whole life...I can feel the discomfort in my skin just typing this thinking about this next year and how to handle it. I'm trying to understand how I can be involved in our current Church with the beliefs I am developing. How can we observe the Sabbath and still do Church on Sunday without going crazy. How do we protect our kids from internalizing the not so good from Church? If we don't stay in the church, where do we go? Do we move to a place where we can be near other believers like us? How do I even talk to someone about any of this stuff? If I approached anyone in my church about things like QP, the floodgates would open and I am not prepared to defend my newfound beliefs with a Pastor that has gone to school and preached on something for his whole life. I find the arguments frustrating as they seem to be dead end. Someone who believes all that Paul said to be scripture cannot consider scripture without the filter of Pauline theology on everything they read. Not that I can either, but I seem to have this predisposition to being able to drop it without even trying, except for the fact that I worry I'm sending myself to hell :)

I don't know if it is possible to stay in a church, I was never in a church so I have never tried, others might have had luck and might be able to give you some advice in that realm.

As for brining it up with people, most are not going to be interested, and many are going to angry. I would recommend start small, QP is probably not the best place to start. I would talk to people and try to find where they are already struggling with something. I know for many Christians the Heaven/Hell thing bugs them and they just try not to think about it, so if you can offer them an explanation that is both fair and fits Scripture, you can get them to start questioning their faith.

Offline VinceB.  
#146 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

James wrote:
As for brining it up with people, most are not going to be interested, and many are going to angry. I would recommend start small, QP is probably not the best place to start. I would talk to people and try to find where they are already struggling with something. I know for many Christians the Heaven/Hell thing bugs them and they just try not to think about it, so if you can offer them an explanation that is both fair and fits Scripture, you can get them to start questioning their faith.

I agree that starting with Questioning Paul is definitely very hard medicine over and against Paul with his christianity's yielding beliefs and faiths...but I'm the type of person if given a choice, to hear 'the good news' first or 'the bad news' I'd want to get the bad news first; and then I'll listen to whatever the good news is...so I immediately went for, what I perceived at the time was the bad news, Questioning Paul; for me it helped toward becoming unglued from Paul's stuff faster since QP doesn't sugar coat things, and ended up leaving me with being much more opened to what Yahowah has to say over and against what man has to say about what Yah has to say, including what Paul has to say about what Yahowah has to say...

HWHY
Offline Yishai  
#147 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:15:56 AM(UTC)
Yishai
Man

VinceB. wrote:
I agree that starting with Questioning Paul is definitely very hard medicine over and against Paul with his christianity's yielding beliefs and faiths...but I'm the type of person if given a choice, to hear 'the good news' first or 'the bad news' I'd want to get the bad news first; and then I'll listen to whatever the good news is...so I immediately went for, what I perceived at the time was the bad news, Questioning Paul; for me it helped toward becoming unglued from Paul's stuff faster since QP doesn't sugar coat things, and ended up leaving me with being much more opened to what Yahowah has to say over and against what man has to say about what Yah has to say, including what Paul has to say about what Yahowah has to say...

This is my curse. I'd prefer to ease into it, but I need the cold hard truth, not a warm up. I'm not afraid to question conventional wisdom, though changing my lifestyle is a different story. I usually read back and forth on different subjects to test my fortitude on issues. As for QP...
I lived in Utah for a few years and got to know Mormonism
Fairly well. I was immediately struck by the similarities of the story of Joseph Smith and Muhammed. I read some of QP a couple months ago and set it aside to digest. While discussing Mormonism with my Brother-in-law (a Christian Jew), Paul's story immediately popped out at me. It was as if a million synapses in my brain started firing and showing me the similArities of Paul and Joseph Smith. Seriously, the argument was Bout over in my mind right then. I will continue to study this more, but a switch has flipped that will be tough to turn back. Truth is something I work very hard to understand and I will not ignore it just to fit in if it matters this much.
Offline VinceB.  
#148 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:29:37 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Yishai wrote:
This is my curse. I'd prefer to ease into it, but I need the cold hard truth, not a warm up. I'm not afraid to question conventional wisdom, though changing my lifestyle is a different story. I usually read back and forth on different subjects to test my fortitude on issues. As for QP...
I lived in Utah for a few years and got to know Mormonism
Fairly well. I was immediately struck by the similarities of the story of Joseph Smith and Muhammed. I read some of QP a couple months ago and set it aside to digest. While discussing Mormonism with my Brother-in-law (a Christian Jew), Paul's story immediately popped out at me. It was as if a million synapses in my brain started firing and showing me the similArities of Paul and Joseph Smith. Seriously, the argument was Bout over in my mind right then. I will continue to study this more, but a switch has flipped that will be tough to turn back. Truth is something I work very hard to understand and I will not ignore it just to fit in if it matters this much.

I totally understand; and anyone coming out of any one of a thousand man-made religious schemes will virtually have the same reaction once that switch gets flipped and the light of Yah starts shining in leaving the doctrines of man no where to hide...

And just from what Yah has been showing me the last two weeks or so is that, with Yahowah as He's revealed in the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms doesn't want to be worshipped and adored (that's not to say He isn't worthy of it, or that it is not what our initial reaction of our being in His presents is going to want to do...it's just that He doesn't want any of it) but that the Adversary does want all those things; wants to be worshipped and adored (the things consistent with religion) as if he were God, and not just another created being like the rest of us.

And whereas Yahowah doesn't want to be worshipped (which is one of the most amazing things in and of itself, in my opinion, about the very nature of our God - of Yahowah) that Yahowah our Creator rather than wanting to receive worship and adoration from us, wants a relationship with us; and He does everything Himself to clear The Way for us to be able to do just that: coming into a relationship with Yah His way and on His terms: via the seven festival feasts and observing Him on and in His Shabbats...after all, it's His family, He's the Father, and He sets the boundaries on the family for our good and His esteem.

Edited by user Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:33:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HWHY
Offline Yah Tselem  
#149 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 4:51:11 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Jesse, welcome to the forum. I'm Terry. Your story is somewhat similar to mine. For me, I always knew catholicism, mormonism, etc etc all other religions were wrong, but I thought my religion was right.. then I found it it wasn't, so I went from church to church to church trying to find one that felt right.. I finally figured out the answer was "none of them are even close".

After I came to know Yahowah, I continued to go to a non-denominational church.. they are a megachurch in the chicago area.. one of those make you feel good, band that rocks, type with about 1000 people at each of the 3 sunday services.. anyways, I found myself correcting the pastor(in my head and sometimes outloud), each time he talked about replacement theology, or said Lord or Jesus, or Christ or bible.. and yes the Easter and Cmas services bothered me the most.. I felt that Yah was not only not there at those services, but that he was not happy about me being there.

Also, I have 4 kids.. and I found myself coming home each Sunday and spending time helping them to unlearn what they were taught that day and pointing out the truth to them.. Finally, I said a few years ago enough is enough and we stopped going to church for good and I am happy we did. We continue to have prayer and learn about Yah together at home. I read scripture to them & about the feasts and I am amazed at all their questions and input. The kids and my wife never say they wish we would go back to church, but rather they crave that time when we can all learn about Yah together. However, I do have some friends who know Yah and manage to still go to some type of church for fellowship.. somehow it works for them, but just not for me.

As for the pagan holidays, that's always tough.. for me I have to deal with that every day because part of my job as a salesman is selling seasonal goods to corporate buyers, including the pagan holidays.. Sure I thought about finding a new job(and still do), but it is a harsh reminder to me constantly that the holidays are anti-Yah. I use it as fuel for the fire, and if I wasn't selling it, someone else would be..

For Easter, most of our family and friends know we don't celebrate it, so they don't bug us about it and they don't get mad when I don't say Happy Easter back to them if they happen to say it to me.. Christmas is a tougher one because that's the biggest family/friends get together of the pagan holidays. I like to take the kids somewhere like an indoor waterpark or something during those days which is a neat trick to get away from everyone until Cmas is over. One of my favorite days other than the feasts is the day after Cmas because I know it's finally over and there is a huge sigh of relief.

One more thing.. My family used to like to decorate for the pagan holidays... a nice transition that has worked for us, is using winter instead of Cmas.. IE: snowmen and snowflakes, instead of Santas and reindeer.. for us.. we don't do Halloween either, so scarecrows or leaves instead of ghosts and goblins... flowers and spring stuff, instead of easter bunnies and crosses.. my kids have learn to hate the pagan holidays, BUT I always tell them that is totally their choice.. if they want to follow Yah or not.. if they wanted to go celebrate Cmas or Easter at a friends house, they are free to do so, but in my case, that has never happened
Offline vic108  
#150 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:07:40 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

Hello everyone. Another Virginian here. Found my way here from PoD.

Nice forum you have here. Someone left the gate opened and I wandered in. Hope you don't mind me looking around - thank you.
Mr Winn sure has been busy over the years! He knows his reward. All I can add is a humble THANK YOU - his works are incredible.

Being raised by a catholic/italian mom and a southern methodist dad, I was starved for some real spiritual insights. The "bible" did very little for me and Paul's writings seemed too different than the rest of the "testament" to make any sense.

I got into 'new age' before it even had a label and before it turned into "rainbows and unicorns in Sedona". I was 16 years old and it was 1972 and there were the 'mystery schools', TM, Hinduism, Native American, the Urantia Book, anything that was 'out of the box', I looked into it. I was starving to find God's nectar and know inner peace.

In 1986, I discovered the writings of two Sufi poets, Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī and also Rābiʻa al-ʻAdawiyya al-Qaysiyya and was taken by the beauty and simplicity of their words.

Rumi:

Don’t go anywhere without me.
Let nothing happen in the sky apart from me,
or on the ground, in this world or that world,
without my being in its happening.
Vision, see nothing I don’t see.
Language, say nothing.
The way the night knows itself with the moon,
be that with me. Be the rose
nearest to the thorn that I am.

I want to feel myself in you when you taste food,
in the arc of your mallet when you work,
when you visit friends, when you go
up on the roof by yourself at night.

There’s nothing worse than to walk out along the street
without you. I don’t know where I’m going.
You’re the road, and the knower of roads,
more than maps, more than love.

and Rābiʻa prayed:

“O God! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell,
and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise.
But if I worship You for Your Own sake, grudge me not Your everlasting Beauty.”

I had to know what inspired such wonderful poems!

Soon after that, I bought a koran and read it cover to cover. I couldn’t believe what I was reading! How in the hell did this evil garbage ever pass for a religion! OK, let’s give islam a second chance then! I read commentaries on the koran by muslim scholars, just in case I “didn’t get it” – still, I came to the same conclusion: islam is POISON at best and demonic at worse! Seems the inspiration for Sufi poetry was in spite of islam, not because of it.

I then dove into history more to learn that islam has always been and will forever be at war with the world. From it’s beginning, it has always been a force of conquest – from Spain to India to the Phillipines and beyond. There is no placating islam. The objectives are clear. If you are Jew, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, or even in some cases – not quite muslim enough for other muslims, your life is going to be hell under islam. My Hindu friends helped enlighten me on the virtues of Islam - some going as far as saying that Mahatma Gandhi was a complete fool for trying appease muslims: that Gandhi has the blood of millions on his hands. What worked (non-violence) with the semi-civilized British would not work with the blood-thirsty islamists. I thought everyone considered Gandhi a saint!

Then around 1988, I came across a wonderful book written by Andy Gaus entitled: The Unvarnished Gospels, this book is described as followed:

”This contemporary literary translation of the Gospels will give readers a remarkable new perspective on the Gospels, a feel for them that is very much like the experience of reading the original Greek in all its simplicity and conversational style. By contrast, other translations interpret the Greek through church dogmas that arose centuries after the original texts. In this edition a glossary elucidates the original meanings of key words and compares them with their conventional translations“.

This book was like a breath of fresh air for me. In late 1991, Gaus expanded his book and published the entire New Testament entitled: The Unvarnished New Testament. Gone was the "ART THOU" and other Old English dribble. But it still didn't fulfill my quest to completely understand my relationship with my Creator.

So, when I found PoD about a year ago, I felt like I found an old friend. Plus, when I saw "QUESTIONING PAUL", I was thrilled - I wasn't alone - and Paul really is a liar! I'm reading Yada Yahweh currently.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you!

"May your wisdom equal your zeal and your courage atone for your ignorance."