logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 8:40:58 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

I was rummaging through my PC when I came across a short video about psychiatry. I'd like to post a few comments said by psychiatrists at the 159th American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting held in 2006 in Toronto, Canada.

Taken from a street interview with psychiatrists at the APA Convention 2006

Question.
Are there any medical or scientific tests for psychiatric disorders?

Answer.
"There are no biological tests for any mental illnesses that I am aware of."
"There are no current available tests to verify your diagnosis."
"There are no specific tests to differentiate between, let's say schiznophrenia and bipolar disorder. Not a single test."
"There are no consumatory tests for the diagnosis."
"There is no test, no biopsy that you can do that says 'this person is depressed' or 'this person is bipolar.'"
"We don't have anything really, currently, to identify mental illness per se."
"There are no specific tests to confirm the diagnosis or show the improvement or any blood test or x-rays or anything like that."
"In my practice I don't do any tests. I just speak with people and listen to them and then I just make a decision what kind of illness they should be having."
"None. Hahahaha!"

Question.
Have you cured anyone?

Answer.
"Hahaha... I would say one."
"There are no real cures right now in psychiatry."
"No."
"I can't say that I have."
"Er, I don't think I have cured any patient."
"I don't think that any of us are ever completely cured of anything."
"I have not been able to cure many patients."
"I have cured none of my patients."

Psychiatrists admit that there are no medical tests that can prove that anyone has a mental "illness."

Psychiatrists admit that they cannot cure their patients.

Yet, insurance in the U.S.A. alone pays out $69 billion in mental health costs annually. International drug sales have reached $76 billion per year, despite international warnings that psychiatric drugs can cause suicide, violence, psychosis, mania, heart attacks and sudden death.

Quotes from other doctors

"Psychiatry in all of this time doesn't have one case report of one disease validated, not one. What they do is that they meet at the American Psychiatric Association, they meet in the DSM Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders committee, and they vote on making new behaviourial and emotional disorders, and they vote, and then they start immediately calling them diseases. The tell people, tell the public that these are diseases. Total fraud, total fraud."
Dr Fred Baughman, Jr

"The American public should be thinking about is when they or their loved ones or their friends have received a psychiatric diagnosis (such as bipolar disorder, or major depressive disorder) they should be asking their doctor, "Where is the chemical test for that? Where is the objective test for this?" And I guarantee them that they will be told, "Er, we don't have a chemical test for that." There is no rational science behind what they think is the cause of the symptoms. The medications that are being given to people are without exception introducing chemicals that are altering the brain in ways that can be very damaging. I'll even go a step further and say that in the absence of a proven chemical imbalance for which the medications are for "rebalancing or fixing" the medications are, in fact, toxic."
Dr Grace Jackson

"The actual truth about chemical imbalance is that it is an actual lie. Nobody has yet, measured, demonstrated or created a test to show that somebody has a chemical imbalance in their body. Period. So you have to ask the classic Roman question, "Qui bono? Who benefits?" The people who make the diagnosis..."
Dr Thomas Szasz

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."
"... practice their witchcraft, drug sorcery..."

Edited by user Monday, August 11, 2008 10:13:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:06:44 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
While living in the UK I was depressed - you know, carrying a sad, serious face - for a brief period, the wife told me to mention it to an average doctor, they just gave some pills. I was anti it from the start, always have been but the wife sort of influenced me to go. I had one pil, maybe two, to the disgust that the pill apparently had some part of it made from pork. Regardless of that pork trace, I still had no intention of continuing it as I knew where real joy came from, so I binned the medication. Needless to say that I turned to Yah, for He is my Joy! No test was performed, but a subscription letter was written after only discussing to the doctor for about 2 minutes after I filled some stupid little survey out, something like this "1) Are you happy? 2) Do you think of suicide? 3) Do you feel your depression is hindering you from being your normal self?..." I think the survey provides them enough "proof" to hand over a subscription without doing any chemical tests. I can't remember the exact questions but I recall them being something like that.