logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:35:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

Lets start a thread devoted to each of the 7 Mow'ed Miqra. Let's discuss their "why," "when," "where," and, "how" - namely:

1. Why - is this Miqra important? What does it communicate? How is its significance communicated through its symbolism?
2. When - is this Miqra to be celebrated/observed?
3. Where - in Scripture was this Miqra established?
4. How - is this Miqra to be observed/celebrated?

I think we should remember that many who are new to YY have never been exposed to the Miqra - so, in addition to furthering a discussion among those of us who have read YY - we should try to educate those who haven't. Lets view each of these threads as mini lessons - making the Miqra easy to understand so that we can bring more people to their Truth (and beauty).

The Why of the Mow'ed Miqra

The following was taken from: Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics, Chapter 2, Pecach Miqra, Passover Outcalling. (I have underlined a passage I think gives a nice summary and speaks directly to this question.)

To quote:

Quote:
"God/Elohiym said, ‘There shall be lights (ma'owr - luminaries) in the expanse of the heavens to divide (badal - separate and set apart) day from night. They shall exist as symbols and signs (‘owth) for the appointed symbolic meeting places and times (mow'ed), for days, and for years." (Genesis 1:14)

An ‘owth is: "a signal and a distinguishing maker." An ‘owth is: "a way to remember;" it is "a non-verbal representation which has meaning." It was used to convey something that was designed to be "a miraculous proof, a wondrous indication of something that would serve as an illustration, an example, or a metaphor which would in turn make something else more clearly known." An ‘owth is: "an accounting, record used to evaluate a ransom or reward."

A mow'ed denotes a: "designated period which relates to others for a specific purpose authorized by an authority." A mow'ed is "a set-apart feast and festival for the celebration of communion." Yahuweh's Miqra are Mow'ed.

Accurately and completely communicated, these two sentences convey the profound truth that the Miqra Mow'ed of Yahuweh are "wondrous signs that convey an important message" from our Creator. In fact, by coming to appreciate what the Mow'ed Miqra represent you will come to understand God, understand yourself, our relationship to Him and our purpose for being here. You will discover the means to salvation and the very framework of time itself from start to finish.

Failing to understand the Miqra Mow'ed, these appointed signs, clerics and laity alike fail to appreciate the connections between the covenants, and they have been deceived into believing that future prophetic events cannot be dated. We have become lost and blind, stumbling in the dark without a map. Steeped in religion, we are ignorant of the means provided to understand and date every significant event - past, present, and future.

You can find the complete chapter here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...mblies_Pecach_Miqra.YHWH

-Yada

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:00:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:23:49 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this book on-line: A Family Guide to Biblical Holidays. It contains ideas for recipes, arts & crafts activities, readings, etc.

Here is a short description of the book (I have taken the liberty of inserting the proper names):

Quote:
Learn the teaching method God uses to teach His children. The ultimate hands-on [Scripture] lessons! Teach your children the way God instructed the Hebrews to teach their children - with annual events depicting the story of His people and the coming of [Yahshua]. See [Yahshua's] death, burial, and resurrection, all foretold in the Spring holidays, and find out how to help recognize His second coming by learning about the Fall holidays!

You can find some free sample pages here: http://www.heartofwisdom...Acrobat/BHPreview2.0.pdf

I would encourage you to read some of the customer reviews. The best prices I have found are at Amazon - starting at around $17.00.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:39:48 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Yada, here is another good book "God's Appointed Times" by Barney Kasdan. On the front it says "A Practical Guide for Understanding and Celebrating the Biblical Holidays". I have found this book very useful but look forward to checking out the above.
Jeannie
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 7:03:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

If you are interested in doing some supplemental reading about the Feast of Tabernacles and the Last Great Day, you might like to take a look at this short .PDF booklet. You can download it here. (Note: the writers mistakenly use the terms - Jesus, Lord, Christ, Bible, etc.)

This booklet might be good for introducing others to the concept of the Miqra - this one deals with the Feast of Tabernacles and the Last Great Day. You can find others dealing with the Sabbath, Passover, Unleavened Bread, etc. here.

The YY chapter entitled: Yada Yahweh, Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics, Chapter 8, Sukot, Tabernacles can be found here.

-Yada
Offline Tiffany  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:08:28 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Ok-

So we are suppose to party for 7 days, reading, resting and partying with Yahweh...

Any good ideas as to what exactly that means, what are we suppoose to read and how exactly do you party with Yahweh?
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:25:11 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:49 PM
To: email@YadaYahweh.com
Subject: Sukot

Yada,

I am anxiously awaiting the Feast of Tabernacles but I am very unsure of what would be an appropriate celebration of it.

Since you have not finished that chapter yet, can you give me any ideas? Thanks,

"B"

The Taruw’ah, Kippurym, and Sukah chapters have all been completed within the past six months. You will find them, along with new chapters on Eden, the Nesamah, Noah, Abraham and Beriyth, Mowriyah, and Sa’ar – Left behind at www.YadaYahweh.com.

Tabernacles is a big party. It’s a celebration of camping out with Yah. Spend time enjoying the relationship and reading the Word.

Yada

Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:22:18 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found a few suggestions and excerpts taken from the book: A Family Guide to Biblical Holidays. I had recommended this book previously and think that at least one member of the forum purchased it. If I remember correctly, they posted a glowing review of the book and the wealth of ideas it contained.

This page in entitled: Suggestions for Celebrating Tabernacles. You can read it here.
Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:29:25 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There's some really great stuff there on the sight Yada. Thanks for that. It's kinda funny as I was reading about Tabernacles though. They are going on with all these great suggestions about the sukkah and so on and so forth and I am thinking to myself....warmer...warmer....warmer...and then they had to go on to the part about putting up a nativity and singing christmas songs....cooler...cooler...colder....haha. Well but in all seriousness great resource and a great idea to bring practical messianic living back into the forefront.

Thanks and Shalom Yada

Shalom82
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Matthew  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:34:13 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm gonna paste this here as I don't quite know where to paste it, but it fits here I guess. Anyway, I came across this passage below in the Sukah-Tabernacles chapter of YY:

Quote:
"Then Yahuweh spoke to Moshe, saying, 'Instruct (sawah - direct) the children of Yisra'el to obtain for (laqah - grasp hold of, select, receive, accept, and bring to) you pure, clear, and flawless (zak - free of impurities and clean) olive oil (semen) which is lightly extracted (datit - regarded as the purest and best oil from the initial crushing in a mortar, and thus extra virgin in today's vernacular) as a luminary (ma'owr - source of light, from 'owr, meaning light which shines brightly, illuminating and enlightening) to be lifted up ('ala), a continuous uninterrupted (tamid) lamp (ner)." (Leviticus 24:1-2)

This is Yahweh's version of the "eternal flame." But there is more to the metaphor than "pure, clean, clear, and flawless olive oil" being the symbol of the Set-Apart Spirit or of "light" being the symbol of Yah. There is more than the idea of light providing guidance and enlightenment. There is even more to this than the "continuously interrupted," or eternal component of Yahweh's Light and Spirit. We will soon be told where it goes and how that unique receptacle is to be constructed.

"'Aharown ('aharown - meaning desires light, transliterated Aaron, the brother of Moshe, a Levite) shall attend to it, placing it ('arak - shall set the physical object in a particular place for a specific purpose, encouraging comparisons to something similar) outside (min) the curtain (paroket - fabric divider or veil) of the Witness and Testimony (ha 'edut - the written copy of the covenant given to Moshe, the Commandments written on stone by Yah's hand, from 'uwd, meaning affirming and bearing witness to renewal and to restoration) in (ba) the Tent and Tabernacle ('ohel - temporary shelter and dwelling, home and household) of the specific appointed meetings and designated times (mow'ed - assemblies set by the authority for a particular purpose, as a sign and signal) from (min) sundown ('ereb - evening, twilight, and dusk) to sunrise (boqer - morning, daybreak, and first light) in the presence (paneh) of Yahuweh continuously without interruption (tamid). It is an everlasting ('olam - eternal) prescription of what you should do (huqqah - decree) throughout your households and generations (dor)." (Leviticus 24:3)

This message is laden with Sukah references. The 'ohel/Tabernacle is a sukah/Shelter, and both are symbolic of the Spirit's protective covering, of the home in which we live. It is also a tangible picture of the Word's arrival as light in both His salvation and reconciliation advents.

The depiction of the Menorah's characteristics are a perfect match for the Set-Apart Spirit's attributes. "He [Aaron] shall place ('arak) the purifying, cleansing, renewing and restoring (taher) menorah (menowrah - from minhah, meaning gift, and 'owr, meaning light) lamp (ner - lamp stand) perpetually (tamid) before the presence of (paneh) Yahuweh." (Leviticus 24:4) Being continuously immersed in the Spirit's cleansing and perfect light is the only way to come into the presence of Yah.

Why from sundown to sunrise? Isn't it supposed to be from sundown to sunset? Possible typo, or is there a special significance to this because Yada didn't address it?

I have a few typos and questions from this chapter but I forgot my notes at home, but this passage concerning the sundown to sunrise was picking at me.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 6:25:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
I'm gonna paste this here as I don't quite know where to paste it, but it fits here I guess. Anyway, I came across this passage below in the Sukah-Tabernacles chapter of YY:

Why from sundown to sunrise?

Well its a lamp, surely you dont use a lamp in the light of day? Just a thought?
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:04:45 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Robskiwarrior wrote:
Well its a lamp, surely you dont use a lamp in the light of day? Just a thought?

That makes sense but I now wondering if there is any deeper meaning to it?

Here's kp's take on it, from TOM, chapter 11:

Quote:
(431) Kindle lights in the Sanctuary. “You shall command the children of Israel that they bring you pure oil of pressed olives for the light, to cause the lamp to burn continually. In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before Yahweh. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel.” (Exodus 27:20-21) Just as Yahshua is the bread of life, He is also the “Light of the world.” The sun would go down and the world would grow dark, but Yahweh saw to it that there would always be light in the sanctuary. What produced the light? Oil, resulting from the crushing of olives. This reminds us that Yahshua’s body had to be broken before His Holy Spirit could indwell us (see John 15:26; the symbolic connection between the Spirit of God and olive oil can be seen in Zechariah 4). It also points out that we who have God’s Spirit within us are the only light the world will see in these dark times. Again, it is Aaron and his sons who tend the lamps—that is, the priesthood of the Kingdom of Heaven.

The lampstand itself (described in Exodus 25:31-37 and 37:17-24) was a visual representation of Yahweh’s ubiquitous six-plus-one pattern. A central lamp was flanked by three “branches” on one side and three on the other, each bearing a lamp fashioned like an almond blossom with an ornamental knob and flower. The whole seven-branched menorah was made out of a single piece of pure gold weighing in at over 90 pounds. Like God’s “six days of creation” plus one of rest, or the six days of the work week followed by the Sabbath rest, I believe the six branches of the lampstand plus the center lamp are a timeline, an indication of God’s plan for mankind’s redemption from the Fall of Adam to the Millennial reign of Christ—six thousand years for us to work followed by one thousand to rest from our labors in Yahweh’s perfect world (and by the way, we are rapidly approaching the end of that sixth millennium). A complete explanation is available in the Chronology Appendix to Future History.