logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 9:57:43 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have just been given this to read... Can other people (especially kp :P) get chance to have a read through I would very much appreciate it :)

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/page/overview/

Thoughts please :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 10:29:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did he say it will begin in 2010 or it will fall apart in 2010, as in the mid-way point of the Trib? From the page entitled Our Position they use the past tense to say "may have entered the last seven years," so I guess we've entered the 70th week already, though they're not even sure, indicated by the word "may."

Quote:
If we’re entering the 70th Week, then we should expect a gradual peace to begin dawning over the Middle East. We should see Israel being allowed to go back to her Temple sacrifices and many of our own religious leaders seduced by the AoC. Then, in 2010, it should all fall apart.

Anyway, this last passage caught my attention: The Jews better get cracking and get their temple built, they will have to somehow remove the Dome of the Rock in order to build their temple, or at least get permission to build a temple on the same area of land. How they will achieve that without a billion objections from the Muslim community is beyond belief.

Maybe kp should edit his Appendix Chronology chapter of failed End-Time predictions.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

well I actually havent started reading it yet :O lol - but thanks for the heads up :D
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 1:40:04 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Robskiwarrior wrote:
well I actually havent started reading it yet :O lol - but thanks for the heads up :D

I was just about to edit my post because I just thought my last sentence sounded ambiguous, but after seeing Rob's post I will just clear my post here, when I said the last passage caught my attention I was referring to the quote from the article, my thoughts was concerning the temple and the Jews having to probably have the whole world to sign a petition to allow them to restore the Temple. Can you imagine the Animal Rights Activists?!

If kp did edit (by adding) this prediction (and the others happening almost every day) I think the list would be far too great, but I think that's besides the piont as kp was just highlighting the amount of failed prophecies due to a complete misunderstanding of Scripture.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 6:20:47 PM(UTC)
kp

Okay, I just went and read the guy's website. It's not all that long. Not nearly as bad as some I've seen, but still wrong for one reason: he's not paying attention to all the facts, only the ones he finds convenient. He's got the broad stokes sorta right, but the details are all goofed up. For instance, his 10-nation revived Roman Empire is military only in nature and it included Germany---a deal breaker, because Rome never controlled it. His eschatology is called "pre-wrath," which is correct as far as it goes (being compatible with preTrib theology), but he has ignored, for instance, the prophecy that declares that "the Restrainer" must be taken out of the way before the Antichrist is revealed. Since "The Restrainer" can only be identified with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, the ekklesia must be gone before the AC begins doing what is prophesied of him, starting with "confirming the covenant with many" mentioned in Daniel 9, the event that begins the 70th week. And the Tribulation began in 2007? Gee, you'd have thought we'd have noticed a thing like that. I guess the Magog war is running a bit behind schedule, isn't it?

The site does tend to confirm my own recent "prophecy." (really, just an observation) I believe we're going to hear a lot of "Wolf!" being cried in the next couple of decades---so often, in fact that the truth will be buried in a sea of wild guesses if you're not thoroughly grounded in the Word. For a prophetic "theory" to be right, it has to fit all the scriptural facts perfectly, not just approximate a few of them.

And for pete's sake, if you're going to set dates, you've gotta do what I did---set 'em far enough out so you won't have to listen to all the Monday morning quarterbacks when you're wrong, 'cause you'll be dead of old age before they roll around. Just kidding... You've gotta pay attention to what Yahweh actually told us in His word---the symbols and the overt predictions alike. Nobody wants to factor in the seven "Feasts of Yahweh," the six plus one pattern, or the II Peter 3:8 formula. They just want to glance at scripture, then at their morning newspaper, and decide we must be in the Tribulation 'cause things are going to hell in a handbasket. Remember what Yahshua told us to do before He came: watch, stay alert, feed His sheep, be filled with His Spirit, and rejoice!

kp
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 11:57:32 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Well, I went in to the site and read what I could, and I also did a Wiki on Javier Solana (what, two of his names have six letters each... could he have a third name with six letters... hahahaha!) to view his track record in handling security issues and it is rather amazing how busy he has managed to keep himself.

Coming back to Herb Peters, he does seem to have kept his eyes on the European ball rather well, but not too much on Scripture, it seems. I'd rather prefer KP's version of the expected fatal gameplay, such as it is. And as KP said, it can't really be refuted unless things happen before such time and from what we can see, that's a bit of a stretch.

We still need events to stir up China and India, and the current rise in "incidents" in those places is sure to escalate eventually causing greater polarisation, just as shall happen in Southeast Asia. The North African and South American nations have not yet been jerked around enough but economics shall draw them into line, and that shall take some time.

The Israelis have yet to be made scapegoats for a really major incident as all previous wars were started by the Arabs and not them. In their next major defence, they probably shall be so severe in their response that the world will call upon further restrictions to bind them and punish them. That probably needs to take place as well so that the, er, white knight can rise and come to their rescue.

Then towards the end, why do you think such a large army is needed to gather at Meggido? What happened to air power? Naval power? Missiles travel hundreds of kilometers and naval artillery shells can fly scores of kilometers, well into the Dead Sea from the Mediterranean if necessary. Herb will have many more questions to answer militarily before the start whistle really blows.

So while the stage is still setting, and many of the main actors have been casted, the script is still undergoing some fine tuning and the Tribulation is still in pre-production. Before the curtains are finally lifted for the grand performance, you definitely shall know for sure who the producer is, and unfortunately in such case, you probably will be caught in the theatre of conflict.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:33:10 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

thanks Matthew, KP and Bit :)

Although I STILL havent read it, (talk about a bad thread starter) I was kind of expecting this... lol

I shall read :D
Offline AbiYah  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:31:41 AM(UTC)
AbiYah
Woman

Just a note on Israel re-building the temple and The Dome of The Rock being in the way. Not so, says a recent documentary. Archeologists using highly sensitive radar and such have located a huge structure OUTSIDE of the site of The Dome of The Rock. So perhaps, this may be the real site of The Temple. That Dome isn't going anywhere without starting WWIII... The Muslims just THOUGHT they were squatting on top of The Temple. Anyone else see that documentary?