logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Garrett  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:19:58 PM(UTC)
Garrett

Shalom Ken.
I am pretty sold on the Ruach representing the femane aspects of Yah's nature. But I got a little confused while reading TOM today. On page 463 you said:

"I would be remiss in neglecting to mention that the Holy Spirit will not always be here cleansing the world through the agency (the “hyssop,” if you will) of His called-out people. Paul describes it: “Now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains [He’s referring to the Holy Spirit, restraining evil and cleansing the earth through the presence and purpose of Yahshua’s Ekklesia] will do so until He is taken out of the way.”

Are you (and scripture) now saying that the Ruach is actually masculine in nature?

Thanks for the help.

Shalom Uv'racha!
Garrett-

Edited by user Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:07:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It is the glory of Elohim (God) to conceal a matter, but the honour of melekim (kings) to search it out.
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:18:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Garrett, from that passage I don't see kp referring to the Spirit as masculine but it is the version of Scripture, the NLT - New Living Translation, that he was quoting from.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:13:38 AM(UTC)
kp

Good question, Garrett. Correct, Matthew, except that I was quoting from the NKJV at this point, but same diff. I know it can be confusing, but whereas Yada's method is to re-translate scripture passages as he goes, mine is to use them right out of the box, as it were, and then try to point out the problems in the text as I go. I neglected to do so at this point, because I didn't want to lose focus on the point at hand, the cleansing provided through the ordinance of the "Red Bull" and what it represents. Sorry. I have, of course, explained over and over again in my writings that the Ruach Qodesh, the Hebrew title usually translated Holy Spirit, is a feminine noun form. In the Greek (as it is in the passage quoted) a gender-neutral pronoun is used. The "He" is a presumption on the part of the translators. But we need to remember that Yahweh isn't really "masculine" and His Spirit isn't really "feminine." These are just symbols Yahweh has employed to teach us about "His" nature. The "Father" is paternal, the authority, the provider, the source of strength and good. The Spirit who dwells within us is defined by "Her" maternal characteristics: Comforter, Consoler, the One who convicts us of our sin, the One who draws us into the family of God. I'm convinced, in fact, that Yahweh created our very biological natures to mirror "His" attributes---to teach us about His love. It boggles the mind, doesn't it?

kp
Offline Garrett  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:41:55 AM(UTC)
Garrett

Ken and Matt-

Todah Rabbah to you both! I figured you would provide me with a logical explanation and that (Ken) there was a reason behind using the verse and wording the way you have in this section of TOM.

I am now at the "Politics" chapter. Good stuff! I am REALLY looking forward to reading Future History, but the way I see it, FH is the desert...I have to finish the meal before I will allow myself desert!

Shalom to both of you brothers.
Garrett-
It is the glory of Elohim (God) to conceal a matter, but the honour of melekim (kings) to search it out.
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:19:03 AM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

Just for those looking,
I saw an exegesis that simple and powerfully(not with eloquence, but plainly looked like the Truth of Scripture)
showed that
no socalled holy spirit is going to be removed...
rather, in context and in accord with word use and definitions,
the 'birthing' of hasatan is taking place.. it's been little by little over the centuries and
wll
finally be fully 'birthed' resulting in more trouble on earth than ever in history has been or will be ....
Yahweh willing, if I find the websight again I'll post a link;
or if anyone finds it, please do.

p.s. it is my opinion that 'removing' a 'holy spirit' that's not here in the first place doesn't fit well with Yahweh's Word, and if He withdrew Himself (Yahweh is Spirit and Yahweh is holy) then the molecules would come apart and be gone, or something like that.