logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:28:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

Lets start a thread devoted to each of the 7 Mow'ed Miqra. Let's discuss their "why," "when," "where," and, "how" - namely:

1. Why - is this Miqra important? What does it communicate? How is its significance communicated through its symbolism?
2. When - is this Miqra to be celebrated/observed?
3. Where - in Scripture was this Miqra established?
4. How - is this Miqra to be observed/celebrated?

I think we should remember that many who are new to YY have never been exposed to the Miqra - so, in addition to furthering a discussion among those of us who have read YY - we should try to educate those who haven't. Lets view each of these threads as mini lessons - making the Miqra easy to understand so that we can bring more people to their Truth (and beauty).

The Why of the Mow'ed Miqra

The following was taken from: Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics, Chapter 2, Pecach Miqra, Passover Outcalling. (I have underlined a passage I think gives a nice summary and speaks directly to this question.)

To quote:

Quote:
"God/Elohiym said, ‘There shall be lights (ma'owr - luminaries) in the expanse of the heavens to divide (badal - separate and set apart) day from night. They shall exist as symbols and signs (‘owth) for the appointed symbolic meeting places and times (mow'ed), for days, and for years." (Genesis 1:14)

An ‘owth is: "a signal and a distinguishing maker." An ‘owth is: "a way to remember;" it is "a non-verbal representation which has meaning." It was used to convey something that was designed to be "a miraculous proof, a wondrous indication of something that would serve as an illustration, an example, or a metaphor which would in turn make something else more clearly known." An ‘owth is: "an accounting, record used to evaluate a ransom or reward."

A mow'ed denotes a: "designated period which relates to others for a specific purpose authorized by an authority." A mow'ed is "a set-apart feast and festival for the celebration of communion." Yahuweh's Miqra are Mow'ed.

Accurately and completely communicated, these two sentences convey the profound truth that the Miqra Mow'ed of Yahuweh are "wondrous signs that convey an important message" from our Creator. In fact, by coming to appreciate what the Mow'ed Miqra represent you will come to understand God, understand yourself, our relationship to Him and our purpose for being here. You will discover the means to salvation and the very framework of time itself from start to finish.

Failing to understand the Miqra Mow'ed, these appointed signs, clerics and laity alike fail to appreciate the connections between the covenants, and they have been deceived into believing that future prophetic events cannot be dated. We have become lost and blind, stumbling in the dark without a map. Steeped in religion, we are ignorant of the means provided to understand and date every significant event - past, present, and future.

You can find the complete chapter here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...mblies_Pecach_Miqra.YHWH

-Yada

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:02:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Jeannie  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:13:32 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

An exchange between Yada and YY reader.

Quote:
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Hey Yada!

Just finished chapter 6. The history lesson was wonderful and the explanation of the miqraim(sp?) and their prophetic relevance was excellent, but the final and most moving, astounding part was when you talked about keeping vigil for Yahshuah the first night of unleavened bread. Who thinks of this? How many people do you know, even believers, that put any emphasis on this night? Certainly it was an eye-opener for me. Emphasis has always been placed on Yahshuah’s death and resurrection-not that that’s wrong, however, no one has ever said to me “keep vigil for Him as He descends into sheol and pays penance for us.” It brings me to tears even more than the stripes He suffered for us, more than the nails that pierced His hands and feet. To be so innocent and to have to endure not only that filthy place, but at that time to also have Yahweh turn away from you because He cannot look upon the evil, oh I can’t tell you how that thought wrings my heart. You can be sure that I will honor Him during that night from now on.

I spend a portion of each night reading what you have written. Then, when I go on some of the web sites and I read all the debating about this, that, and the other, it’s amazing to me because it’s really all so simple if people would just open their eyes. I recommend your website to as many as I can in the hopes that they will find the truth. You don’t know how much your writings have helped me and how I hold in my heart the image of Yahweh on His knees adoring ME! My relationship with Him is becoming so deep and personal; I have come to address Him as my Dear Papa whenever we speak.

How goes the audios?
D

Hi D,

This is one of the most encouraging letters I've ever read. Thank you for sharing it.

Yes, the plural of Miqra is Miqraim, or more exactly Miqraym. But since the plural is conveyed with an "s" in English, we've elected to use it rather than the less familiar "ym."

Your favorite part was my favorite part. But it wasn't my idea. The suggestion came directly from the Scriptures.

I agree with you regarding how simple all of this is, how consistent and relevant, even majestic it is, so long as we are willing to scrape the crud from our eyes first. I have seen some of the debates too, and it makes me sad.

I'm glad that YY has been of value to you. It serves me the same way. For me, writing YY is like having a conversation with our Father.

We now have over 20 audio chapters recorded and edited.
Sorry for the delay in writing. I've been audio editing and have been pretty oblivious to email. But, that said, reading yours brought a great sense of joy and purpose to all of this. Thank you,

Yada

Edited by user Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:54:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:53:40 AM(UTC)
Yada

If you are interested in doing some supplemental reading about the Feast of Unleavened Bread, you might like to take a look at this short .PDF booklet. You can download it here. (Note: the writers mistakenly use the terms - Jesus, Lord, Christ, Bible, etc.)

This booklet might be good for introducing others to the concept of the Miqra - this one deals with the Feast of Unleavened Bread. You can find others dealing with the Sabbath, Passover, etc. here.

The YY chapter entitled, Chapter 3, Matsah, Unleavened Bread can be found here.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:22:52 PM(UTC)
Yada

The following in from: Yada Yahweh, Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics, updated 5/1/2007, Chapter 3, Matsah, Unleavened Bread. You can read the complete chapter here.

Quote:
The Feast of Unleavened Bread (Chag Matsah) is a seven day celebration, starting with Passover and ending on a special Sabbath. Although the Exodus record doesn’t say so, my guess is that the seventh day marked the Yisra’elites’ miraculous deliverance via the parting of the Red Sea and the drowning of Egypt’s army. It was a defining moment: proof that their slavery was a thing of the past. It was proof that Yahuweh was trustworthy and that reliance upon Him brought salvation.

Today, when we celebrate this now fulfilled Feast, we should eat Matsah, unleavened bread, during the week following Passover, breaking it in remembrance of our Savior. And we should study the Exodus, celebrating our deliverance from the crucible of hell. We should keep the night vigil reciting Psalms 22 and 88, agonizing over the price He paid to ransom us. It is all part of our communion with Yahuweh.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:24:46 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

This may be an enlightening topic for all newcomers to the Truth. There are several among us who are aware of the importance of observing these important milestones that guide us in our path to Abba Yahweh, and I am certain that whatever is shared here will be appreciated.

As someone who has not really observed the Miqra for 10 years, I shall only be too happy to start all over again, starting with the Passover, FirstFruits and Unleavened Bread this coming week. I am glad that by knowing the importance of the weekly Sabbath, and trying to observe it in a society that is largely anti-Yahudim, my wife and I have been given "another chance" at Salvation. We have not taken our eye completely off the ball, and we are thankful that He knows it and has so much patience with us. We are truly, truly, grateful for His mercy and blessings! And yet we still falter in our sins, but we still try to make amends and straighten ourselves a little more each day.

But first we are thankful for His Sacrifice (Pesach) which enables us to humbly approach Him. We recognise that He is also the First to be resurrected, and that we too shall be resurrected if we keep walking in His path (First Fruits). In so doing, we have to continue to put the "old persons" out of ourselves by denying ourselves to sin, whereby we keep ourselves set-apart from the deeds of sinful world around us (Unleavened Bread).

Seems crazy difficult to do but as time goes by it seems that nothing is impossible. By making a conscious effort ourselves and trusting Him to do what He promised we can achieve what we are called to do. We've really got to be like little children, trusting our Father to guide us on the right path, and expecting Him to chastise us whenever we stray to keep us on that path, and forgiving when we repent. In perspective, our challenges today pale in comparison with the brethren who left us over the past two millenia. And yet just over the horizon lies the birth pangs of a world that will make all previous tribulations pale in comparison! We now seek and pray for all of His Family to be kept out of it. And we must work to ensure that His message is spread all over the world so that others may come to be members of His Family, citizens of the coming Kingdom of Yahweh.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.