logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:51:51 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I doubt many of use will see this:
Link wrote:
total solar eclipse Aug. 1 will be seen only by a handful of observers lucky enough to be in the path, which starts in Canada and runs across the Arctic, through Russia and into China.

I found it interesting, though because of this:

Quote:
Although the sun is about 400 times larger than the moon, the moon in turn is about 400 times closer to the Earth than is the sun. The result: They both appear virtually the same size in our sky.

I never realized this before, but of course the sun and moon do appear the same size in the sky. This is just one more of those things that points to Yahuweh.

But, what is also interesting is this:

Quote:
Because the moon is constantly moving away from Earth, at about 1.6 inches (4 centimeters) per year, eventually total eclipses will not be possible.

If in the Genesis account, the moon (lesser luminary) represents Satan and his time of rule over the night (I don't remember how it is worded in YY), then would this be an indication of his influence going away? Granted, it is increasing, if anything, but we know that not much longer Yahushua will be back, and then, there will be no need for any light other than him.

I just thought it was interesting.