logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:11:17 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
can be found here.

It was a insightful article on dhimmitude and the etymology of jizya. Here is a snippet of that...
Quote:
In his monumental The Laws of Islamic Governance, al-Mawardi examined the regulations pertaining to the lands and infidel populations subjugated by jihad. This is the origin of the system of dhimmitude. The native infidel "dhimmi" (which derives from both the word for "pact", and also "guilt" -- guilty of religious errors) population had to recognize Islamic ownership of their land, submit to Islamic law, and accept payment of the Koranic poll tax (jizya)-the tax paid in lieu of being slain-based on Koran 9:29.

"The enemy makes a payment in return for peace and reconciliation... Reconciliation and security last as long as the pavment is made. If the payment ceases, then the jihad resumes."

But the conclusion of the article depressed me.

Quote:
Finally any claim of long term "success" regarding the great expenditure of American blood and treasure during our venture in Iraq must be accompanied by tangible evidence that all vestiges of the heinous system of jihad-imposed dhimmitude have been eliminated. That claim simply cannot be made at present.

I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the chance to make that claim.

Edited by user Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:47:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:40:56 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

In the light of such, should I risk living where I am and hope that it never happens? Or should I move? Am I supposed to be the light of the Ruach haQodesh in this place? Like Dany'El in the lion's den? As I struggle with these questions, I am continually perturbed by all that is going on around me, both near and far. I have enough battles with my inner-self and these horrible things done in the name of god only aggrieves me more. My wife is so innocent and naive in so many ways, I worry for her to know even a tenth of what I understand lest it affects her too negatively. For now I can only pray for Abba Yahweh's Will to be done, and that He would preserve us who call upon His most sacred name and the name of Messiah Yahushua, no matter where we are.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.