logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:45:21 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Stay away from Mikey’s candy!

Quote of the Day: Veteran-Turned-Activist Mikey Weinstein "I'm the Field General of the Godless Armies of Satan! You can't just steal my candy like that." -- Mikey Weinstein, an Air Force veteran who is suing the Air Force for alleged religious favoritism and proselytism in the military service. Weinstein, the founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, was recalling what he says to his wife, Bonnie, when she takes his favorite candy, reminding her of the label given to him by a megachurch in the Southeast. He was quoted by The Washington Post...

The complete Washington Post article is here.

Edited by user Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:46:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
mikey.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:11:51 PM(UTC)
bitnet

I thought satanists already have freedom to practice their religion in the USA? But perhaps not in the armed forces which only recognises the other more established false religions.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:20:09 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I had to read this article, because I too go the impression that this guy was a satanist. But, after reading the article, I don't not believe so. That line, "I'm the Field General of the Godless Armies of Satan," is a name given to him by evangelical Christians because he is fighting to get the Air Force to stop trying to convert everyone. I believe he is a Jew (thought probably not a very devout one). The article recounts an incident where his son was asked, "How does it feel killing Jesus Christ," because he is a Jew.

He does make a good point in there. He asks how you would feel if your boss kept preaching to you about Jesus and inviting you to church, and the says, "when it's an officer, it is so much worse," and he is right. I've been in the military, and an officer is not just your "boss" he is your superior, and not only your job, but essentially your life is at this guy's whim. Military folks defend the Constitution, but they have no rights under it.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:51:46 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah, you can't be a satanist in the military, because it tends to break down order and discipline. They think mainstream religions are just swell, because they're works-based constructs with incentives and punishments and top-down control---just like them. So...no satanists or voodoo priests allowed---they're going to have to be atheistic secular humanists, like everybody else.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:26:54 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Riiiight...so the military's stance is that if you have to profess a religion it had better be Christianity or you'll be crucifying Christ and thus be in support of Satan. My apologies to Mr Weinstein.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.