logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 11:58:14 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Guys, check this video (only 2.58 minutes long) from the National Geographic channel on You Tube concerning the coming temple in Jerusalem. The Evangelical Christians know that the Messiah comes after the Antichrist desecrated the temple so there's some haste to build the temple. One phrase is: "In order for Jesus to return the temple must be rebuilt!" The also mention the Dome of the Rock. I think they want to fulfill the prophecies themselves. I can't help but think of Abraham and Hagar, or is this what God wants? Hmmm, interesting. Comments please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462lukVbhkM
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 1:56:11 PM(UTC)
kp

Sigh. A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing. This is the sort of thing that prompted me to spend two years writing Future History. I just want to grab some of these guys by the collar and yell, "Yes, BUT...." There's always a caveat to these uninformed proclamations that well-meaning Christians make. If you don't take all of the prophecies into account, you'll miss the heart of the matter. In this case, the big thing they're missing is that Yahweh is perfectly capable of taking care of His own affairs. He doesn't need our meddling to precipitate His arrival. He has told us what He's about to accomplish so that we can relax and do what He told us to to: preach the word, in season and out of season... and feed His sheep.

kp