logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Samuel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:41:01 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Question to all my brethen out there in the struggle, ive been studying the word and have grasp the concept and came a long way since ive left the church and started praising in the correct ways. So here is a question that was brought up that couldnt answer, just showed me i needed to study more, so any takers to helping would be very useful ok. So i was talking to an ex Pastor of a church left for reasons to not agreeing to what they were doing etc...(man made festivals..) but basically we got into the using the correct name and stuff and he asked me do i accept the bible for what it is or do i feel that there could me more. And i answered that bible is what it should be since its his will be done. so thats the basics, so basically long story short my point was not using the names of Jesus and god etc... and here is the scripture he gave me:

2 Tim 3:15-17
15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (NIV)

So basically his point was that since the scriptures where God Breathed then it is ok with using the names that are placed in the bible. So any takers or suggestions that could break this down for me. I stand at a fork in the road because i tell people man we cant be in the same boat. they try to make it too complicated when its simple why call him a nickname when you know his real name. How do you expect someone to answer when you call them the wrong name.
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:29:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Sameul,

A guy on another forum accused me of always referencing the Old Testament to explain verses, but Swalchy answered the guys post for me.

Swalchy wrote:

Quote:
Quote from: apb
All of your references are to the the Old Testament.

When Paul wrote this in 2 Timothy 3:14-17, what do you think he was referring to?

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how, since childhood, you have known the Sacred Writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in the Messiah. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

What are these "Sacred Writings" that Timothy has known "since childhood" which are profitable for "teaching, reproof, correction and training in righteousness" so that humans may be "competent and equipped" for every good work?

He's referring to the TANAKH here (or, Old Testament, if you're picky), as most of the διαθηκη καινος had yet to be written

So Paul is referring to the Old Covenant Writings, and if we look to the original Old Covenant Writings we'll find the original name, that of Yahuweh. And when we look to the oldest Greek manuscripts we find placeholders for the Hebrew Names.

Check out another post of Swalchy's on this forum, found on the thread Oldest Greek Manuscripts:

Swalchy wrote:

lassie1865 wrote:
Dear Friends,

I was reading about the oldest Greek NT manuscript fragment called "Matthew 26"; it said that the name of Yahushua was represented by "IE" and "KE"?? What does that mean?

Blessings,
Lassie1865

Whatever you were reading was referring to the Placeholders/Nomina Sacra for Yahushua (ΙΣ) and Master/Yahuweh (ΚΣ)

See here under heading Translating and transliterating in regards to the "Divine Names", and also see the Wikipedia Article

Maybe someone else can answer but Yada does a lot of work explaining how Man removed God's Name and replaced it with LORD God, and how they got from Yahushua to Jesus.

Fact is: The Christian names and titles do not appear in the originals, therefore we got to ask how did they get there. And this journey of discovery leads one through a dark and grimey road to discover just how much man has polluted the Word to suit his own selfish desires. The Originals are God-breathed and translations should be done as best they can accordingly, but many people have translated with agendas, and some translated without having access to the originals.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:48:38 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yea - the thing is the Scriptures are "God-breathed" - but He entrusted them with us, once they were writen there was no more breathing left to be done. Our choice then takes over, obviously some bad choices were made... but Praise Yah, there have been some little gems hidden away for such times - DSS, Oldest Greek and so on. If Scipture is God Breathed, then thats great, but in light of the evidence we can see that the scriptures have been winded... So we need to go to the nearest manuscripts to get the breath back.

If the Oldest manuscripts (and therefor closest to the origionals) tell a different story, then its obvious that something has gone astray, and we need to get that breath back.

If Yahuweh never changes, He is the same yesturday, today and tomorrow, but the message has changed - that dosnt tally up...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline sirgodfrey  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:41:26 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

?tengo una pregunta?

Obviously, I am aware of the name YHWH and the significance of His name, the power, and the overall authority. I have a question regarding the "works" of those that preach, and do whatever else in the name of "Jesus" and "God" or "Jehova" (and whatever else)... When the people of Yah are getting the bema judgement, and are being rewarded for our works, will the works of those that didn't preach in the name of Yahweh or Yahushua have their works "burned up"? This is just an interesting topic to me, because, like i stated earlier, I clearly see how important YAH's name is to Him. I have fallen so deeply in love with His name, and i know that others have... but other's don't seem to really get it.

On the side, I was participating in a concert the other day, and did a song entitled YHWH. The chorus was simply yelling and screaming His name Yahweh basically, so I am happy to inform anyone who reads this that His name is going forth in hip hop. I informed whoever didn't know that this was the personal name of "God." May the message have blessed all who heard tremendously. Hopefully, they will seek and find.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

a lil help from anyone?...

YHWH Tsidkenu
Offline BiynaYahu  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:35:37 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Swalchy wrote:
I really don't have an answer to your question, sirgodfrey, as I really can't (nor am I allowed) to judge who is a ture "member of Yah's family" in order to say whether those who incorrectly do works in Jesus's name will have them completely burned up or not.

The only thing I can think of, is from MattithYah 7:22-23

Quote:
Many numerous and large amounts of people will say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, did we not prophecy and proclaim, announce and preach, predict and speak forth by inspirations in Your name and title, character and person, reputation and authority? And throw out and expel, drive out and repudiate, pull and tear out, bring and send out, cast and extract out, dispose of and eject, banish and get rid of demons, the fallen messengers and envoys, in Your name and title, character and person, reputation and authority? And do and perform, accomplish and execute, practise and bring about, undertake and create, keep and carry out, construct and establish, form and produce, appoint and ordain, celebrate and constitute many numerous and large amounts of supernaturally strong, powerful and mighty miracles, deeds and wonders in Your name and title, character and person, reputation and authority?’ And then, at that time, I will publically profess and confess, declare and openly acknowledge, bear witness and state, admit and say to them concerning this; ‘But I never knew or understood, perceived or realised, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learn about or distinguished, thought about or comprehended, acknowledged or recognised you at any time. ‘Go away and depart, withdraw from and leave Me alone, becoming separated from Me, you who accomplish and execute, bring about and construct, establish and work, produce and perform, practise and carry out, acquire and enforce lawlessness, the willing disobedience and violation of the Torah, and you who treated the Torah with contempt and opposition.’

Which doesn't really answer much about works, now that I've read it...

Yes, when I read this all I get from it is that those that don't understand the spiritual lessons of the torah understand nothing. The torah isn't a legalistic set of rules, nor is it of no consequence. On the contrary, it is in fact the very heart of YAHUWEH's teachings for us, but it has to be viewed as that a look a our father's character, and will for us. So, following the torah protect's you physically, and if fully understood solidifies it's own spiritual teachings in your heart. "Converting the soul" if you will.

Your loving brother,
Mike
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:00:36 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

thank you both for your posts. and i agree with you biynayahu, the torah isn't just a set of legalistic rules. i am learning a lot about it and how it reflects the spiritual side of matters.... reading the ownder's manul, dietary laws continues to help me in my quest for Truth. gosh, so many ppl think that the "law" is done away with. well, what about the prophecy about Yahushua coming back and establishing His reign on earth, enforcing the feast days and penalizing those that don't participate? dag, im so glad that YAH continues to bring me into His Truth. that Dude is so amazing :) love yall, pray for me please.
Offline Samuel  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 6:54:21 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Yea that Matthew chapter and verse is real. I just say go figure you know, there are too many verses saying call upon his name the one that my father gave me in the book. So if you calling upon the wrong name who you talking too. Most of this stuff is common sense but like BiynaYahu said we are not the judge and we dont know how exactly it will play out. I just tell people i hope and pray that its all the same but if not im sorry. But everyone has the same reaction, once you know the true name and correct teachings, you cant stop saying his name. I like sirgodfrey, im just completely in love with this man. he is amazing i see things clearly i can tell when hes talking too me its amazing you know.
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 2:27:37 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I remember Yada saying something like; we don't know how far off we can be from Yah's true Word and still be right enough. It makes sense that even within the family, some members will be truer to His Word than others. Will their reward be greater, again hard to know, Yahweh tends to see things differently than we do.

The best I can do is take His Word (the best form of it that I can find) literally and work to live up to it. One of the strongest convictions I got when reading YY the first time was how much Yahweh wants us to know and use his personal name. Like he states in Rev 3:

Quote:
7"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The fact that His name was hidden is tragic and I believe those who do deny His name and have hidden it from others will be judged harshly. I took the log in name In His Name because it has become one of my greatest pet peeves. How many times from the pulpit, in songs, etc, has this stupid phrase been used? It is appalling, especially since everyone with any theological interest or training knows His Name Yahweh belongs there!!

So Samuel I would have to say that yes, certainly, the Scripture WAS perfect, but the translations we have to work with are not. And while it is possible to find salvation and truth through the deception it is certainly harder. I personally was amazed and enthralled by the scripture in YY. It came alive for me, it made sense, it was clear and focused. We who trust the writing in YY are not believing in something different, this is Scripture, revealed.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14