logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:07:51 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Called up my fav radio preacher Pastor Ernie Sanders, (well ok, actually the only radio preacher I know of with a listener call-in segment during his broadcast).
I'm not his favorite caller.
I called on this particular occasion because the regular host, (Pastor ES), was out of town on some sort of religious/political function and also because the guest preacher was goin' on about the "Rapture". This fella was quite the ratchet jaw, pontificating at 100 mph with every other sentence qualified with an "amen?".
I called and tried to make the case for the "no man knows the day/hour" is an idiom developed during the Bab Cap etc., etc. After my first "Yahushua" he began to interupt and would not let me finish. After chastising me for "preaching to him", he then informed me that I was not quoting from the KJV, (I was quoting passages from YY/FH), He also informed me that my greek and hebrew were mixed up. This in response to my reference to the Feast of Trumpets as a called out assemby. He obviously did'nt know that miqra/ekklesia-FOT/Called Out Assembly were the same thing.
He then went on explaining why the Rapture would occur in the spring quoting a sequence of events from Song of Songs, Mathew, and other verse snippets supporting a spring rapture. I wish I could remember his train of thought but he spoke so fast, (to prevent any comments from me), I had a very difficult time understanding him.
I tried to interject a few times and was successful once when he commented as to the date of the Crucifixtion which he did'nt know and I was able to tell him. I was hoping for an opportunity to go the whole Daniel route but had no chance. The call screener then hung up on me while Mr. Ratchet Jaw pontificated on my err while interjecting the omnipresent "amen?". After his diatribe I was dismissed, (the 'on air' dismissal), with a polite, "Good Bye Steve and thanks for calling" as if I'd just hung up on my own volition when they actually disconned me a few minutes earlier.

I've noticed some changes in the listener call-in portion of the show. Used to be he would "open the phone lines for questions or comments". As of late he "opens the phone lines for questions" and he has no use for my calls.
From time to time he gets crank callers which is not surprising as he's always railing against the commies and sods. These people will cuss him out and spout their obscenities before he gets his 7 second delay in action. He then of course hangs up on them. However, there is one other person who never bad mouths him, never rants or cusses that he will hang up on or cut short. Naturally, that would be yours truly.
Interesting that he would equate the Word of Yah with the rantings and obscenties from communists and sodomites.

If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:53:24 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Its funny how people do that when you speak about something they think they know about. It happened with me and some JW's the other day - I did catch them completly off gaurd but they really didnt know how to handle the information I was giving them. They said they wanted to come back though and discuss things with me... I would like that, although I feel that was a little white lie...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...