logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:05:49 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As tomorrow evening begins Sukkot, I was preparing to write a blog on it and a question occured to me. We are viewing the Miqra as prophetic and that they are to happen in order. Tabernacles should be the last to be fulfilled, as I believe it will, but about halfway through the Chay - Life chapter of YY, Yada says
Quote:
On the Miqra of Tabernacles in 2 BCE, in accordance with John’s and Luke’s testimony, the Messiah Yahushua tabernacled with us and we beheld His glory.
I agree with this, but wouldn't this be a fulfillment of this Miqra? I don't believe it voids the future fulfillment, but does this indicate that the others had previous fulfillments as well?
Offline Ruchamah  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:11:37 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

Hi Icy,
There are many fulfillments to all of the miqrot: Passover: they were saved at the Red sea, we were saved from our bondage to sin, we will be saved (Passover wont be fully fulfilled until Yeshua drinks that 4th cup with us in the Kingdom), etc. Matzot: They ate unleavened bread, Messiah lived a sinless life, we are to live sinless lives. So dont be put off when u see other *fulfillments*, imo. This means u are seeing the patterns! Yes He came and tabernacled with us and yes we WILL do this again! Just like the Shekinah Glory tabernacled with the children of Israel in the wilderness!
Shalom,
Ruch
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Side-stepping the thread a bit but still staying on song with regards to Sukkot - Tabernacles.

Below are Yada's and kp's (two of em) take on Leviticus 23:40, both have interesting interpretations of this verse, did anyone else notice the differences, yet the interpretations seem remarkably in accordance with Scripture.

Originally Posted by: Yada' Go to Quoted Post

Everything in the following list is symbolic. Each is of considerable value to us spiritually, but insignificant economically. "And you shall grasp hold of (laqah - receive and obtain, acquire) on the first day the fruit (pari - harvest) of the tree ('es - wooden timber or upright pillar used for hanging a sacrificial victim), the glorious adornment of (hadar - most majestic, honored, and splendorous embellishment and beautification) of the fronds (kipah - shoots or branches [symbolic of the Spirit and Messiyah]) of the palm (tamar), the branch ('anap - covering [symbolic of the Messiyah & Spirit]) of leafy shade ('abot - heavily foliaged canopy [symbolic of the Spirit]) trees ('es), and river (nahal [symbolic of the Spirit]) willow shoots ('arabah [symbolic of the Messiyah])." (Leviticus 23:40)

The "first day fruit harvest" during the fall, speaks of the ingathering of souls depicted in the Miqra of Taruw'ah. It is facilitated by Yahushua's sacrifice on the "tree, the upright pole and death stake" upon which He "was hung."

Since one would not normally describe "palm fronds" as being "glorious adornments, or majestic, honored, and splendorous embellishments for beautification," God is using a metaphor to reveal the nature of the Set-Apart Spirit's Garment of Light. In this region and time, palm fronds were used as the roof covering of homes, sheltering the family inside from the sun and storms.

To this point, hadar speaks of an adornment or garment which elevates one's status, ascribing high value to them, making them beautiful in appearance, even majestic and glorious." Moreover, the entire point of Yowm Kippurym and the essence of Sukah is to "come into the presence of the adoptive mother who elevates," the Set-Apart Spirit.

The "branch of the tree," another Messianic symbol, is singular because while the Spirit adorns many, there is only one Savior. But you'll notice in this case that "the branch" is from "a leafy shade, heavily foliaged canopy tree." The Savior and Spirit are one in the same. That is the message of John 14, in which Yahushua says that the Father, Savior, and Spirit are one.

The "river willow shoots" are symbolic of both the prediction that the Messiah will be a "tender shoot" (arrive as a child), and also of living waters, a Spiritual metaphor based upon the life sustaining and cleansing nature of water. Further, all of this emphasis on "trees" is specifically tied to Sakah, the Miqra' dedicated to living under Yahweh's shelter, in His Tent and Tabernacle, and under his protection.

Originally Posted by: kp' Go to Quoted Post

(862) Build booths in which to “camp out” on the first day of the feast. “You shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before Yahweh your God for seven days. (Leviticus 23:40) When I covered this under Mitzvah #141, I was so busy looking at the forest, I neglected to examine the trees—literally. For that I apologize, and will endeavor now to make amends by getting to the root of their meanings. If you’ll recall, our introduction to this section revealed that the sukkah, the booth or tabernacle each Israelite family was to build at “the place where Yahweh your God chooses to make His name abide” was a picture of the Shekinah Glory of Yahweh. He personifies the covering that provides refuge and shelter from the storms of our existence. Here, we’ll see the flip side of this coin. The four types of trees, the components from which the Sukkot are to be made, indicate who will populate Yahshua’s Kingdom: those who by definition are indwelled and empowered with the Spirit of Yahweh. As we shall see, this is not the random assemblage of building materials as it first appears, but rather a comprehensive list—a detailed and multifaceted description—of those in whom the Holy Spirit abides.

(1) “Beautiful” is from the Hebrew verb hadar, meaning to honor, adorn, or make glorious. Not surprisingly, it is a word used of the return of Yahweh (in the persona of Yahshua) to the earth as He takes care of business a few days before the Feast of Tabernacles: “Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah, this One who is glorious (hadar) in His apparel, traveling in the greatness of His strength?—‘I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.’” (Isaiah 63:1) Or how about this? “His glory is great in your salvation [that’s Yâshuw`ah (יְשׁוּעָה)—the Messiah’s given name]; honor and majesty (hadar) you have placed upon Him.” (Psalm 21:5) The first “tree,” then, represents King Yahshua, the very personification of the Shekinah and Spirit of God, returning to earth to reign in glory. Note, however, that the people were instructed to use the “fruit” of beautiful trees to build their booths. That’s the Hebrew word pariy, meaning fruit, produce, offspring, children, or progeny. And who are the spiritual progeny of King Yahshua? We who trust Him. “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!...Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.” (I John 3:1-2)

(2) “Palm trees” are the Hebrew noun tamar, the water-loving date palms that congregate in oasis settings. “The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree; He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of Yahweh shall flourish in the courts of our God.” (Psalm 92:12-13) Who are these “righteous ones?” Job’s friend Elihu explains that Yahweh “ does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous; but they are on the throne with kings, for He has seated them forever, and they are exalted.” (Job 36:7) But righteousness (as you know) is not the result of our own efforts, but God’s on our behalf: “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” (James 2:23) The second tree, then, stands for those accounted righteous—we who believe God—who will populate the Kingdom under Yahshua’s sovereignty. We will be “planted in the house of Yahweh” and shall “flourish in the courts of our God,” for He does “not withdraw His eyes” from us. Ever.

(3) “Leafy” trees. The adjective abot means thick with leaves, dense with foliage. So, he’s saying we’re dense? Well, not exactly. The verb from which “leafy” is derived, abat, means “to weave together, to conspire, to wrap up, to intertwine something.” Who are these who conspire together, who are weaved or intertwined into one in the context of the Millennium? Why, Israel and the ekklesia. I’ll admit, I probably would have missed that one if I hadn’t already studied the structure of the wilderness Tabernacle (see Precepts #712-#715, #720, and #722). If you look at the details, this concept is everywhere you look: the ekklesia and the nation of Israel are side by side, united but distinct, working shoulder to shoulder. The ekklesia has not absorbed—or replaced—Israel, nor have they become part of Israel. Rather, we are entwined like branches grafted into the same divine tree (see Romans 11), or woven together like the warp and woof of one magnificent tapestry, created by and for the glory of Yahweh. If you don’t believe me, read on...

(4) “Willows of the brook” are designated by the Hebrew noun ereb, meaning a willow or poplar tree. A virtually identical noun, however (with the same consonant root), denotes “a mixture, a mixed company, interwoven. The primary meaning is a grouping of people from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds. It was use of the heterogeneous band associated with the nation of Israel as it departed from Egypt...” (Baker and Carpenter) The word also means “woof,” as in the threads that cross and interweave with the warp in a fabric. This, perhaps, sheds new light on the reason ereb is used in Exodus 12:38 to describe the “mixed” gentile multitude that believed in Yahweh and left Egypt along with the Israelites in the exodus. The two groups were interwoven, interdependent, and symbiotic, but their identities and heritage remained somewhat distinct.

Together, then, the four trees listed in Leviticus 23:40 signify the populace of the Millennial Kingdom of our Messiah, beginning with the glorious King, Yahshua himself, and including His “children,” the righteous who will flourish in His courts: those of Israel and every other nation who have “conspired” together to love and honor Yahweh in truth and trust—every believer from every age, from Adam until the last child born during the Millennium. Perhaps the most amazing fact of all is that these people are said to be the very dwelling place of the Glory of God.

Either that, or I’m just making this stuff up as I go along.

Originally Posted by: kp' Go to Quoted Post
(141) Take during Sukkot a palm branch and the other three plants. “You shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before Yahweh your God for seven days. You shall keep it as a feast to Yahweh for seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations. You shall celebrate it in the seventh month. You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths, that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am Yahweh your God.’” (Leviticus 23:40-43) Good grief. Only the rabbis would try to make a mathematical formula out of this. Let’s see: palm fronds and (count ’em) three other kinds of trees. Not two, not four... They’ve missed the entire point, as usual. This is what God is really saying to them: Come to my holy city. Camp out. Have a good time. Enjoy each other’s company, and Mine. Build a temporary shelter out of whatever’s available, ’cause that’s what Messiah’s going to do when He comes. Tree branches would be a good choice, since they’re going to lose their leaves in a month or two anyway—a reminder I’ve given you every autumn that the earth we live on is a temporary place. So have a big barbeque in honor of your God, Yahweh. Do it during a particular week every autumn (because it’s prophetic sign of when I’m coming), and if you’re a son of Israel living in the Land, never stop celebrating the holiday. Use it as an opportunity to teach your children about the wonderful deliverance I have brought to pass, not only during Moses’ day, but in every generation since then.