logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:24:56 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Achim v'Achayot Sheli,
I thought it would be appropriate to start a topic where we could post quotes that have to do with the general purpose and spirit of the forum. I know that Yada put up a topic where he puts up quotes that are usually from recent news. This topic would be less for current events and news which Yada's post is entirely suitable for.

Yibarakhem YHWH,

Shalom82

Quote:
"...under most circumstances it is appropriate to “hate the sin and not the sinner.” However, it is entirely legitimate to despise the sinner to the extent that he has not only completely given himself over to sin, but fully identifies with it in an implacable way. Such a person cannot be forgiven, since there is no man left to forgive."~Robert Godwin
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 8:48:54 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Aye, aye! Hear, hear!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 9:37:05 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
From the Arcana Coelestia:

Quote:
AC 8393 “Repentance of the mouth and not of the life is not repentance. Sins are not forgiven through repentance of the mouth, but through repentance of the life.”

Scriptually, I think this is true enough, and I know it's no big revelation, but it's a helpful to remember such things. I also think it is well said.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth

2 John 2:4 He that says, I know him, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jas 2:16 but one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” but you do not give them the bodily needs, what use is it?
Jas 2:17 So also belief, if it does not have works, is in itself dead.
Jas 2:18 But someone might say, “You have belief, and I have works.” Show me your belief without your works, and I shall show you my belief by my works.
Jas 2:19 You believe that Elohim is one. You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder!
Jas 2:20 But do you wish to know, O foolish man, that the belief without the works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Aḇraham our father declared right by works when he offered Yitsḥaq his son on the altar?
Jas 2:22 Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?
Jas 2:23 And the Scripture was filled which says, “Aḇraham believed Elohim, and it was reckoned to him for righteousness.” And he was called, “Elohim’s friend.”
Jas 2:24 You see, then, that a man is declared right by works, and not by belief alone.
Jas 2:25 In the same way, was not Raḥaḇ the whore also declared right by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so also the belief is dead without the works.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Dennis Treacy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:36:35 PM(UTC)
Dennis Treacy
Man

I don't totally understand what you are saying.

One is saved by faith alone, not works.

One's salvation is assured by the grace of Yahweh once a sinner repents, that is to change one's mind. Turning from a sin filled life is a fruit of the spirit but not something required of salvation.

A follower of Yah should become a new creation that is, changed outwardly, but this has nothing to do with repentance or salvation at the moment it occurs.

2nd Corinthians 5:17). The BELIEVER'S at Corinth in 1st Corinthians were not sorrowful over their sins! They were suing each other (1st Corinthians 6:6), eating meats offered to idols (1st Corinthians 8:12), allowing fornication within the church (1st Corinthians 5:1), showing up drunk at the Lord's Supper (1st Corinthians 11:21), et cetera. The idea of "turning from sins" (or of being sorry for one's sins) prior to salvation is not taught anywhere in the Word of God, and is nigh unto the heresy of works salvation, if not altogether so. If forsaking one’s sins were necessary for salvation, then the believer’s at Corinth certainly never got saved. If being sorry for one’s sins were necessary for salvation, then the believer’s at Corinth certainly never got saved. Yet, the Apostle Paul refers to them as “babes in Christ” (1st Corinthians 3:1). Clearly, from studying God’s Word, we can see that forsaking one’s sins (or being sorry for one's sins) is NOT part of saving faith.

When Paul spoke about the "godly sorrow" that leads to repentance, he was addressing believers; not the unsaved. Clearly, the immature believers in 1st Corinthians had issues, and were living in horrible sin; yet, Paul called them "babes in Christ."