logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Samuel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:26:33 AM(UTC)
Samuel

“‘I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed; the one will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding together; the one will be taken and the other left. Two men will be in the field; the one will be taken and the other left.’” And they answered and said to Him, ‘Where, Lord?’ So He said to them, ‘Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.’” (Luke 17:34-37, cf. Matthew 24:40-41)

*Now ive just started reading the future history website and I am a little lost on what he is trying to say. This is what is his explanation of what this passage meant:

Quote:
I don’t know what Aramaic words Yahshua used, but their Greek equivalents are turning out to be intriguing, to say the least. He had told them, “One will be taken and the other left.” And they answered with a question: “Where, Lord?” His reply was a play on words answering both questions, that is, “Where will they be taken?” and “Where will they be left?” The first answer could be rendered, “Where my followers—the body of Christ, those who are safe—are found, that is where My Spirit will have gathered them together.” The second answer would be, “Where the corpses of those left behind are found, that is where the carrion birds will come together to feast upon them.” Or words to that effect.
Quote:

* So tell me if im wrong i think i got it but not really. Basically he is say Two men in one bed meaning (spirit and body as a seperate) and the same as the woman. So basically when the rapture happens the spirt leaves and the body is left. So basically the eagles will gather at the body because its dead. So in this scripture he's not saying actually there are two different men in bed or two different woman grinding together, its a metaphor using the spirit and the body correct???
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:56:50 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When someone is raptured they will completely disappear, body and all. It does sound a bit wierd with the word "corpses," but I believe kp was saying that people (people without God's Spirit, like 99% of people) left behind will have to face the eagles, will have to face judgment because they are spiritually dead.

Something like that.

Anyone else care to add?
Offline Samuel  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:15:47 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Anyone else care to elaborate on what i think he is trying to say...pls!
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:57:44 AM(UTC)
kp

Hi, Samuel. The bit you quoted was meant to answer only the questions one might logically have about the "eagles" remark Yahshua made: "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together." I didn't really address the "meaning" of "One will be taken and the other left," because it seemed to me to be obvious and straightforward. There's no indication that He's talking about splitting the body from the spirit, but rather He's describing what will happen at the rapture in the most literal of terms. Two people are together, going about their lives in the same way to all appearances: sleeping, working, driving down the street, eating dinner at the same table, riding the subway. Yahshua says that, depending upon whether or not they have a saving relationship with Him, one will be "caught up" (that is, raptured), and the other, who was right beside him, will be left behind flat-footed, wondering what happened.

The key to understanding this is the admonition He gave leading up to it, in verse 32 (actually, the thought begins back in verse 29): "Remember Lot's wife." Here we have two people with different spiritual profiles, walking along the road out of town together. Lot made it out alive, for he had a relationship with Yahweh, but his wife (who was only leaving town because the angel had made her get up and leave) did not. Yahshua explains her mindset in verse 33: "Whoever seeks to save his life (by buying into the world's conventional wisdom, like Mrs. Lot had) will lose it (like she did---she got left behind and got toasted in fire and brimstone or turned into a pillar of salt), and whoever loses his life (as in the worldly "life" Lot voluntarily left behind him in Sodom, if you can call that livin') will preserve it."

Knowing what follows on the heels of the rapture, of course, explains the "bodies" or "corpses" thing---the gathering of eagles, so to speak. Although a few will make it through to the end of the Tribulation alive (and will populate the Millennial Kingdom of Yahshua), most---the vast majority---will not live to see Christ's return. Hope that clarifies things for you.

kp
Offline BiynaYahu  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:12:19 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Grace and shalowm from YAHUWEH god Samuel,

Samuel wrote:
“‘I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed; the one will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding together; the one will be taken and the other left.

Keep in mind the period there, too. It's not talking about two women grinding in bed as in having sex. It's saying grinding like with a mortar and pestal. probably making food or something. Also, it never says that those men are having sex. It simply states that the two, who could even be brothers in a context like this (although that's just me guessing), were sleeping in the same bed. Most people were very poor in Yisra'el at the time, and so probably only had the one bed. But it goes to say; One had a relationship with YAHUWEH the other did not. I hope this helped, and if anyone feels I'm off the mark feel free to make it known.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:43:23 AM(UTC)
kp

Right, BiynaYahu. We shouldn't read our 21st century cultural abominations into ordinary first-century life.

kp
Offline Samuel  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:54:32 AM(UTC)
Samuel

OK thx a bunch guys, yea that part kind of threw me for a loop I wasnt sure if he was referencing it to the body and spirit. But thanks for the info, also sorry if i came off the wrong way and thought I was saying they were homosexual but i got the pic he was trying to create. Thanks again! Hallelujah!!!
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:59:05 PM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

30-31"Then, the Arrival of the Son of Man! It will fill the skies—..........
******************************************************no one will miss it. Unready people all over the world, outsiders to the splendor and power, will raise a huge lament as they watch the Son of Man blazing out of heaven. ********************************************
At that same moment, he'll dispatch his angels with a trumpet-blast summons, pulling in God's chosen from the four winds, from pole to pole.
Offline Samuel  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58:22 AM(UTC)
Samuel

I like that man! Sounds good! I really dont understand how you can debunk the rapture...can you? Just doesnt make sense to me!
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:25:56 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Matthew 24:36-39 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

Revelation 9:1-6 "The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them."

I like Matthew 24 in that it says people will be happy and content when the flood (judgment) comes, and during the Tribulation people will be seeking death. Two very different experiences, how people say there is no Rapture I do not know.
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 2:36:23 PM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

read v30-31 again
and corrie ten booms warning
http://endtimepilgrim.org/corrie.htm
Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 8:07:40 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Let's throw out the baby with the bathwater! Sure we must be prepared to go through the Trib, but ain't it better if we were whisked away? The nicest thing about this is that even those who are not prepared but who have been faithful to Elohim Yahweh and Messiyah Yahushua shall be taken shall have a wonderful surprise. But those who expect it the way the Christians do shall be dumbstruck as they will finally realise the error of calling Him "Master" and yet not do the things He says to do.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.