logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:06:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
could anyone please tell me the dates of the 7 miqra and what i should do on those days because i wish to follow them
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:36:46 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Read this thread:
http://www.yadanews.com/...t792_Upcoming-Miqra.aspx

Also read Yada Yahweh and the relevant chapters from the book entitled Called-Out Assemblies:
http://www.yadayahweh.co...lled-Out_Assemblies.YHWH
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:23:39 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Wondered why this post is in this thread... then said to self, we do need technical help on this! I checked the Internet for the dates of the Miqrym and it seems to vary from one group to another. Go to www.karaite-korner.com and you get different dates from the YY dates. And these dates do not always synchronise with the Chinese lunar calendar either, which has been quite accurate (I think) for the past few millenia. Why is this so?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Mike  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:22:11 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Shalom visitor,

Read Leviticus chapter 23, it gives the times for all of the Miqra. Now this can be confusing at first because we are used to using a Gregorian calendar. And to tell you the truth, last year was the first time that I celebrated any of the Miqra. But Yahweh actually made it simple enough that anyone with at least one good eye living in an agrarian society over 3000 years ago could figure it out (without the help of computers and the internet).

The first thing to learn is that Yahweh’s days begin at sunset and end at the following sunset. This is according to the first chapter of Genesis. This method is actually much simpler than starting the day at midnight. Anyone with one good eye can see when sunset is. How can anyone possibly tell when midnight is without a watch that works and is set correctly?

The next thing to learn is that the first day of the new month (moon-th) begins at the sunset when you see the new sliver of the moon. The new moon sliver can usually be seen a day or two after the new moon conjunction. The new moon conjunction is what is marked on Gregorian calendars as the new moon (the black circle), in other words when the moon is not visible. The new moon sliver can be hard to see because it is typically low on the horizon, so if you live in downtown Manhattan then go to the top of the Empire State building and look west.

The next Miqra this year is the Feast of Trumpets (Yom Taruw'ah). Look for the next new moon sliver. The projected Gregorian date for Yom Taruw’ah is sunset of September 30, 2008 until sunset of October 1, 2008. However if the new moon sliver is not spotted at sunset of September 30, 2008 then look for the new moon sliver at sunset of October 1, 2008.

So then the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) is projected to be sunset of October 9, 2008 until sunset of October 10, 2008 assuming the sliver is sighted at sunset on September 30, 2008.

Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) is projected to begin at sunset on September 13, 2008 and the Last Great Day is sunset of October 21, 2008 until sunset of October 22, 2008.

The last spotted new moon sliver was on September 1, 2008 at sunset.

To see what a new moon sliver looks like go to http://www.truthofyahweh.org/moon.htm#photolink and look at the picture near the bottom of the page.

Edited by user Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:52:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified