logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2007 9:55:33 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

In my life I have always struggled with the statement to "Fear God" I never liked that because I loved him so fearing him just did not fit into my scoop of thinking. As I have spent the last few months reading and spending time with Yahweh I have never felt so free in all of my life. I don't bow down, I stand up!!! Why do people want to fear Yahweh? This is a question I would love to have answered, because deep down I don't want fear to reign in my life period, I like to discover and get rid of it. What do you think?

So if anyone knows why we fear please write back!

Tiffany
Offline FF  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:23:39 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Great Question!!!!!!-!

Well done....

Fear means

F-ar from
E-ver
A-ttaining
R-elationship with Yah

FF
FF
Offline forumadmin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:40:55 AM(UTC)
forumadmin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Tiffany – welcome to the forum and thank you for a wonderful question! No, Yahweh doesn’t want to be feared (or even worshiped) but loved. He wants to establish and develop a personal relationship with you.

I thought that in order to best answer your question, I would reference a description found in Chapter 8 - Beriyth of Book I: Genesis (http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Genesis_Beriyth.YHWH) of the relationship that Yahweh wanted to have with Abraham. To quote:

Yahweh wanted Abraham to be at ease with Him, to walk along side of Him, to be conversant with Him. He did not ask Abraham to praise Him, to bow before His throne, or to put Him on a pedestal. These instructions are the antithesis of that. I dare say, these may be some of the most important words in Scripture. Yahweh has invited us to have a relationship with Him. He did not establish a religion. Further, this relationship with our Maker is to be on a first name basis. We are to walk side by side, in His presence, conversing with Him. If you get nothing more out of this book than that, my labor and your time will rewarded in abundance.

I would encourage you to read through all of the material found in Yada Yahweh (www.yadayahweh.com) as, by doing so, you will come to know Him better and be able to Yada (know in a personal, relational way) Yahweh.

Again, welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Yahsheba  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 9:18:30 PM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Shalom all,

Yahweh doesn't want us to fear him in the sense of being afraid of him. Fear means to reverence him. Reverence is a much better term to use.

According to Strongs fear means to:

http://cf.blueletterbibl...exicon.cfm?strongs=03372

1) to fear, revere, be afraid

a) (Qal)

1) to fear, be afraid

2) to stand in awe of, be awed

3) to fear, reverence, honour, respect

b) (Niphal)

1) to be fearful, be dreadful, be feared

2) to cause astonishment and awe, be held in awe

3) to inspire reverence or godly fear or awe

c) (Piel) to make afraid, terrify

2) (TWOT) to shoot, pour

Reverence: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reverence

1. a feeling or attitude of deep respect tinged with awe; veneration.
2. the outward manifestation of this feeling: to pay reverence.
3. a gesture indicative of deep respect; an obeisance, bow, or curtsy.
4. the state of being revered.
5. (initial capital letter) a title used in addressing or mentioning a member of the clergy (usually prec. by your or his).
–verb (used with object) 6. to regard or treat with reverence; venerate: One should reverence God and His laws.

[Origin: 1250–1300; ME < L reverentia respect, fear, awe. See revere1, -ence]

—Related forms
rev·er·enc·er, noun

—Synonyms 1. honor, esteem. 6. revere, honor, adore.

Offline Yahsheba  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 10:05:09 PM(UTC)
Yahsheba

The very first time that the word worship is used is in Gen.22:5.

Worship occurs 108 times in 102 verses in the KJV.

The Strongs #7812 means:

http://cf.blueletterbibl...exicon.cfm?strongs=07812

1) to bow down

a) (Qal) to bow down

b) (Hiphil) to depress (fig)

c) (Hithpael)

1) to bow down, prostrate oneself

a) before superior in homage

b) before God in worship

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worship

WordNet - Cite This Source worship

noun
1. the activity of worshipping
2. a feeling of profound love and admiration

So I don't get where you people are coming from. Worship is showing love. What is wrong with that? What in the world is wrong with bowing down?
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 10:31:49 PM(UTC)
Yada

Hi Yahsheba - this is another great question. I have tried to answer it with material taken form: Yada Yahweh, Book IV : Salvation, Messianic Prophecies

Chapter 6
Yesha’
Salvation

I would encourage you to read the complete chapter - it can be found here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...weh_Salvation_Yesha.YHWH

To quote:

Quote:
The reason I see this as crucial, is that bowing down is completely incompatible with a loving family - the creation of which was the purpose of the crucifixion depicted in the 22nd Psalm. Bowing down is the antithesis of the beriyth/relationship Yahuweh described in His conversations with Abraham, where He asked the patriarch to "be at ease with Him, walk by His side, while being straightforward and conversant with Him." Moreover, it alters the motivation that underlies the supreme sacrifice we just read about in the Psalm, changing it from love to control.

Additionally, I wanted to provide you with some commentary relating to the Hebrew words themselves. This time, it was taken from: Yada Yahweh, Book IV : Salvation, Messianic Prophecies

Chapter 5
Tsadaq
Vindication

You can find the complete chapter here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...eh_Salvation_Tsadaq.YHWH

Quote:
Sahah (שָׁחָה) is thought to mean "bow down in worship" because shach (שַׁח) means "humble and lowly." But seach (שֵׂחַ), also based upon the same textual consonants, translates "thought." In that case the "anointed" will "eat and think." A shachad (שָׁחַד) is a "reward or gift." As such it describes the gift of salvation and the reward of eternal life associated with those who are anointed. And sachah (שָׂחָה), a verb which means "to swim," is indistinguishable in Hebrew from the word translated "worship." To thrive immersed in water, and to make progress by way of water, is consistent with many Old and Renewed Covenant salvation metaphors.

Bowing down before God is inconsistent with Yahuweh’s instructions to Abraham and with the example of Yahushua. When we bow down God always asks us to stand up, be at ease, walking and talking with Him. Yahuweh has gone to great pains to present the covenant as a marriage, as a home, and as a family. There is no bowing down in any of these relationships.

Its all about relationship - namely, the kind of relationship the Creator desires to have with His creation - us.

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Benel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 9:37:41 AM(UTC)
Benel
Man

A really good friend pointed me to this discussion. They weren't sure what to think of this discussion. But I get a sense that some of the members here have a problem with pride and arrogance when it comes to being submissive before YHVH. To say that YHVH doesn't want us to submit to His will and to bow down before Him is preposterous and arrogant.

Tiffany FF was dead wrong when he gave his interpretation of fear. Fearing YHVH does not mean we have to cower in His presence like we as Americans think of fear. It simply means to hold him in reverance and high respect. We have to understand that He holds our future in His hands (figuratively speaking). That creates reverence for Him. Yochanon, in the Brit Chadashah says that perfect love casts away fear as in anxiety at ones presence.

On the other hand; YHVH DEMANDS us to bow before him. The evidence is in the scriptures if we will but take the time to learn what they really say. Not necessarily what they have been translated to say.

Here are the words used in the KJV for worship*

H7812 Found 171 times in 165 verses
shâchâh shaw-khaw'
A primitive root; to depress, that is, prostrate (especially reflexively in homage to royalty or Elohim): - bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.

H6915 Found 15 times in 15 Verses
qâdad kaw-dad'
A primitive root; to shrivel up, that is, contract or bend the body (or neck) in deference: - bow (down) (the) head, stoop.

H3766 Found 37 times in 33 verses

ka-ra‛ kaw-rah' A primitive root; to bend the knee; by implication to sink, to prostrate: - bow (down, self), bring down (low), cast down, couch, fall, feeble, kneeling, sink, smite (stoop) down, subdue, X very.

H1288 Found 332 times in 291 verses

baw-rak'
A primitive root; to kneel; by implication to bless Elohim (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit); also (by euphemism) to curse (Elohim or the king, as treason): - X abundantly, X altogether, X at all, blaspheme, bless, congratulate, curse, X greatly, X indeed, kneel (down), praise, salute, X still, thank.

H5647 Found 288 times in 261 verses
‛a-bad aw-bad'
A primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.: - X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour (-ing man), bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve (-ing, self), (be, become) servant (-s), do (use) service, till (-er), transgress [from margin], (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.

H5457 Found 12 times in 11 verses
segid seg-eed'
(Chaldee); corresponding to H5456: - worship.

H5456 Found 4 times in 4 verses
sâgad
saw-gad'
A primitive root; to prostrate oneself (in homage): - fall down.

H1289 Found 5 times in 5 verses
berak ber-ak'
(Chaldee); corresponding to H1288: - bless, kneel.

H6087 Found 17 times in 17 verses
‛a-tsab aw-tsab'
A primitive root; properly to carve, that is, fabricate or fashion; hence (in a bad sense) to worry, pain or anger: - displease, grieve, hurt, make, be sorry, vex, worship, wrest.

One very significant verse in the Tanach is in Psalm/Tehillim 95

(Psa 95:6) O come,935 let us worship7812 and bow down:3766 let us kneel1288 before6440 YHVH3068 our maker.6213

Can't get much plainer than that.

And then in the Brit Chadashah we read this:

Wherefore1352 YHVH2316 also2532 hath highly exalted5251 him,846 and2532 given5483 him846 a name3686 which3588 is above5228 every3956 name:3686 That2443 at1722 the3588 name3686 of Yahoshua2424 every3956 knee1119 should bow,2578 of things in heaven,2032 and2532 things in earth,1919 and2532 things under the earth;2709 And2532 that every3956 tongue1100 should confess1843 that3754 Yahoshua2424 haMoshiach5547 is ADON,2962 to1519 the glory1391 of El2316 the Father.3962
(Phi 2:9-11)

I left the Strong's numbers in for your help in researching the meanings of the words. Even though Strong's is a very basic study tool. There are much more thorough references available.

So you see FF and YADA, it is not a question of whether you are to bow before YHVH. You will bow before HIM. Of that there is no doubt. The question is whether you will do it now while you can benefit. Or after death when you stand before a JUST Elohim.
Offline Yahsheba  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 5:23:30 PM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Shalom Yada,

Yada wrote:
Sahah (שָׁחָה) is thought to mean "bow down in worship" because shach (שַׁח) means "humble and lowly." But seach (שֵׂחַ), also based upon the same textual consonants, translates "thought." In that case the "anointed" will "eat and think." A shachad (שָׁחַד) is a "reward or gift." As such it describes the gift of salvation and the reward of eternal life associated with those who are anointed. And sachah (שָׂחָה), a verb which means "to swim," is indistinguishable in Hebrew from the word translated "worship." To thrive immersed in water, and to make progress by way of water, is consistent with many Old and Renewed Covenant salvation metaphors.

<me>I don't see anything here that says to stand up...

Bowing down before God is inconsistent with Yahuweh’s instructions to Abraham and with the example of Yahushua. When we bow down God always asks us to stand up, be at ease, walking and talking with Him. Yahuweh has gone to great pains to present the covenant as a marriage, as a home, and as a family. There is no bowing down in any of these relationships.

<me>What was Yahweh's instructions to Abraham? What scripture are you refering too?

Where does it say in scripture that we are to only stand up?

What about these scriptures?

Exd 33:10 And all the people 05971 saw 07200 the cloudy 06051 pillar 05982 stand 05975 [at] the tabernacle 0168 door 06607: and all the people 05971 rose up 06965 and worshipped 07812 , every man 0376 [in] his tent 0168 door 06607.

Here this shows that they stood up so they could bow down.

Psa 95:6 O come 0935 , let us worship 07812 and bow down 03766 : let us kneel 01288 before 06440 the LORD 03068 our maker 06213 .

Shalom,

Yahsheba

Offline Jeannie  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:16:59 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Folks I found reading Book 3 Going Astray chapter 5 Yashar-Stand Up very helpful to this discussion. Also if you read ALL of Yada Yahuweh you will more fully understand and have just about all your questions answered.
Jeannie
Offline Benel  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:59:08 PM(UTC)
Benel
Man

Jeannie wrote:
Folks I found reading Book 3 Going Astray chapter 5 Yashar-Stand Up very helpful to this discussion. Also if you read ALL of Yada Yahuweh you will more fully understand and have just about all your questions answered.
Jeannie

I really don't have any questions Jeannie. I have the scriptures and biblical scholars to turn to. Mostly the scriptures.

Benel
Offline FF  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:51:54 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Benel,

Geetings from one of the least in the kingdom of Yahuweh.

Welcome to Yadaing Yahweh. It is good to have you post.

Thank you for bringing this subject into the light of the original text so all who enter this forum will have the opportunity to truly see what our Father, Daddy, Yahweh wants us to know.

Yahuweh has always been trying to get us off our knees to stand upright with him so we may be busy about His Work. The wedding day with the Lamb is much the same standing up together with His anointing and garments of Light all over us. As he said, after doing everything you can, stand upright firmly, praying in the Set-Apart and Cleansing Spirit with all kinds of prayers and petitions.

Yahweh said, ENTER BOLDLY in to my Presence. We are like the bending of a reed, in reverence and respectful to our Yahuweh Elohim El Elyon, but as with the reed it is always still standing.

Words of English and translation are such a far cry from the more colorful and descriptive Paleo Hebrew and Aramaic languages and Greek the more Lingua Franca Language.

Let us reason together for Yahweh will teach us all.

Again I say welcome Benel most beloved of Yah,

FF
FF
Offline Yahsheba  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 11:07:25 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

FF wrote:
The wedding day with the Lamb is much the same standing up together with His anointing and garments of Light all over us. As he said, after doing everything you can, stand upright firmly, praying in the Set-Apart and Cleansing Spirit with all kinds of prayers and petitions.

Yahweh said, ENTER BOLDLY in to my Presence. We are like the bending of a reed, in reverence and respectful to our Yahuweh Elohim El Elyon, but as with the reed it is always still standing.

Uh FF, do you have any scriptures for this?

Is anyone going to answer my questions or comment on the scriptures I gave?
Offline Benel  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 5:38:01 PM(UTC)
Benel
Man

Thnks FF for the kind words.

I think that we should always seek for the truth. We have nothing to fear from the truth. I agree that we need to be busy for Yahoah. And we can't do that prostrate before HIM. But HE also wants us to Worship HIM. One way of doing that is prostrating ourselves before him out of respect and love. Not fear.
Benel
Offline Tiffany  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 7:09:19 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Yahsheba,

I wanted to share something with you, I was thinking about the examples that you used and in my time with Yahweh today I was asking some of the say questions because I grew up believing in and expressing my worship to Him. Then this though hit me, and I can only come from the child standpoint as I am not a mother yet, but I believe that first and foremost Yahuweh desires to have a relationship with us like that of a father and a child.

I have spent my entire life respecting and honoring my father; he is an amazing man who loves beyond measure. Then a couple of years ago Yahuweh blessed me with another man in my life who is also a father to me, and in the same light he has shown me truth. But my father, Abba Yahuweh is the best example of a real dad, always wanting to be in relationship with me. So I want to ask you this question, what is more important...

A relationship with Yahuweh where you grown daily and fall more in love than you ever have before, constantly receiving new revelation being brought to newer and more exciting kingdom based lifestyle or

The words that over time have been mistranslated, have lead us astray, caused division and strife, and been the reason that children often don't stand on the same foundation?

Blessings
Offline Jeff  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 9:17:15 PM(UTC)
Jeff

It is interesting to me that a single word like fear can evoke so many points of view and varied discussion. Our religious backgrounds that most if not all of us have survived to get where we are now, seeking to yada Yahuweh, have taught us that fear can mean many things, among them to be afraid and also to reverence and respect.

I maintain that no matter how you slice it fear is motivated by knowing and believing that someone or something has the ability to do you harm. Equating fear with reverence makes no sense to me at all and never has. I don't know how anyone can have the highest respect for someone who they think is out to do them harm.

Scripture says that "Yahuweh is love" and since He is perfect then He is perfect Love. Scripture also says that "perfect love casts out all fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."(1 John 4:18)

It is also interesting that the first mention of fear in scripture is in Genesis 3:6-10 and is associated with sin and the fear of punishment and not the result of a right relationship with Yah.
Offline Yahsheba  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2007 5:21:20 PM(UTC)
Yahsheba

Tiffany wrote:
Yahsheba,

I wanted to share something with you, I was thinking about the examples that you used and in my time with Yahweh today I was asking some of the say questions because I grew up believing in and expressing my worship to Him. Then this though hit me, and I can only come from the child standpoint as I am not a mother yet, but I believe that first and foremost Yahuweh desires to have a relationship with us like that of a father and a child.

>me<Shalom Tiffany! I love that name. If I had had a child that is what I was going to name her. But I can't have any now so that's life.

Anyways I agree about Yahweh desires to have a relationship with us like that of a father and a child.

I have spent my entire life respecting and honoring my father; he is an amazing man who loves beyond measure. Then a couple of years ago Yahuweh blessed me with another man in my life who is also a father to me, and in the same light he has shown me truth. But my father, Abba Yahuweh is the best example of a real dad, always wanting to be in relationship with me. So I want to ask you this question, what is more important...

A relationship with Yahuweh where you grown daily and fall more in love than you ever have before, constantly receiving new revelation being brought to newer and more exciting kingdom based lifestyle or

The words that over time have been mistranslated, have lead us astray, caused division and strife, and been the reason that children often don't stand on the same foundation?

Blessings

<me>I do have a relationship with my heavenly father Yah and I do grow daily and yes I do love him very much. :)
I don't see how me kneeling down would cause stife and division. Again, it would be nice though if someone could answer my questions. I know lots of words are mistranslated and this is a very sad thing for all of us. I have been searching for the truth for a very longgggggg time now. But, I am not going to just take any mans word for it!!! I need to study it for myself. Thing is I don't have all the books that YY has so makes it difficult to know what is really true. It's going to take time for me to read all this stuff. I want to read slow so I can comprehend all things. Yah bless! Shalom
Offline FF  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2007 8:47:28 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Yahsheba,

I will answer your question soon.

I have a busy couple weeks.

So hang in their.

Worship is one of those words that has always troubled me.

Not because I have not been on my knees countless times, but because every time I start to bend over Yah says to me stand up just like the words he uses twice in Ex 33:10. It seems very funny Yahweh can not make up his mind when he tells them to stand up then bow down? Makes no sense to me. And that is just one of the areas where worship seems as a mistranslation.

It is kind of like being in the Garden of Eden walking in the cool of the day with Yahweh and as we walk and talk if I keep bowing down he would say stand up and walk with me.

I know what you are saying but I do not have all the answers, only Yahweh does and I do not think they are in just our bible but other early documents. I know we need to dig deeper past how man has tried to keep us from knowing Yah.

What we call worship and what a big industry worship has become this tells me the church and the world most likely are wrong and Yahweh is right when he says he hate anything that looks like, acts like and sounds like Idol worship. We just have to get to know him better.

Another thought that keeps coming up is why would Yahweh want us to do to him what He HATES and calls an abomination, falling down and worshipping other gods or other things? This use of worship still does not make any sense to me. He surly is not double minded.

The longer I know Yah the more I think like him, act like him and do like him and look less and less like I once did so religiously biblically.

I will get back to you as soon as I can,

Blessing and Peace and Grace and Mercy and Joy and Power and Faith and Hope and Love to you in Yahushua's Name,

FF
FF
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:24:44 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
With my experience with the whole worship and bowing down thing,

I found Yahuweh telling me to stand as well - he also told a friend of mine to do that as well, hes never even read YY, and is actually quite against it.

But anyway - I find I get more if I raise my eyes to the Father, as Yahushua said.

I know there will be a day when I am on my face, for the fear of being squashed by Yahuweh's Glory, but I know that he will tell me to stand anyway.

Maybe that dos'nt help :) I dunno... I would agree with FF - its one of those strange things.

I used to be comfortable in the fact that I knew everything about my faith, after Yahuweh changed me through study, I will never claim to know it all again. :D

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Jeff  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:53:26 PM(UTC)
Jeff

If we look at the Beriyth-Relationship that Yahuweh formed with Abram we see that Yahuweh didn't allow Abram to bow down and worship. He made him stand up and walk with Him and talk with Him. This is an integral part of the covenant relationship and the point of transferance of the blessing.

"Indeed Yahuweh spoke with Abram 'Walk out of your world and away from your relatives and away from your father's house, to God's world which by relationship I will show you and provide. I will make of you a great, powerful, and abundant, even affluent nation of people. I will kneel down and adore you. I will nurture and magnify through your name. You shall exist as the voice of excellence, as the vow which promotes prosperity and peace, as the oath which blesses. I will kneel down and adore, blessing those who bless and adore you and I will recede from, slight, trifle with, and diminish him who curses you.'"

This is the covenant relationship that extends to us through Yahushua Messiah. You can read more, a lot more in Book 1: Genisis, Chapter 8, Beriyth-Relationship.

This is a very in depth and insightful analysis of the covenant.