logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:12:28 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I'll guess readers who've attempted to share YY what they've read soon discover that one of the most extraordinary aspects of YY and FH is the reasoning of a fulfillment timeline for the still future Scriptural prophecies. I recently shared in another forum a case for a 2033 fulfillment of atonement and Tabernacles and received an interesting rationale as to why that year may be too soon. This being the question of whether the Great Commission would in fact have attained it's fulfillment by that year. I'll share part of the exchange below:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd thought that we've mapped, trekked, and wired pretty much all of this planet and at least one other (counting the moon). I'm wondering which people groups remain unreached by the Good News?

You'd think so, but Wycliffe Bible Translators says differently.

Quote:
Quote:
The worldwide status of Bible translation (2007):
...the number of languages spoken in the world today
...the number of languages without any of the Bible, but with a possible need of a Bible translation to begin
...the number of people who speak the 2,251 languages where translation projects have not yet begun
...the number of translation programs currently in progress for languages without adequate Scripture
nearly 80%
...amount of the world’s remaining Bible translation needs that are located in the three areas of greatest need
...the number of language communities which have access to the New Testament in their heart language
...the number of language communities which have access to the entire Bible in the language they understand best
...the population of the world

Although Bible translation is progressing at a more rapid rate today than ever before, an overwhelming amount of work has yet to be done.

Wycliffe estimates that at current rate of progress we will finish translating the Bible into all known languages by 2150. They are undergoing a crash project called Vision 2025 . Their goal is to have a Bible Translation project in operation for each known language by 2025, and to complete all these projects by 2038.

Ambitious, and I wish them well, but we haven't accounted for additional groups which are yet undiscovered. We're also assuming there won't be world war or whatever that crashes civilization and sets the project back decades, even centuries.

This would imply that if God truly wishes the gospel spread to all nations, that he must allow a global civilization of some kind to continue for the next two or three centuries, even if the active players get changed. This is because most of these communities are in really remote areas of the world accessible only by airplane or helicopter. Absent this kind of technology, these communities will remain inaccessible for however long it takes to re-develop those technologies.

So -- 6 billion people in the world, of which 193,000,000 -- about 3% -- as yet do not have scripture in their language. If Jesus' statement that the gospel be preached to every nation equates to having a Bible in that language, we've still got a couple decades at minimum to go.

Joshua Project has more info.

I commented that "a couple of decades would be just about right for a 2033 realization. As an engineer, he regards the optimistic timeframe as unlikely. I concede that there may be a case based on this requirement, depending upon how literally it is taken and just what Messiah meant must be accomplished first. I was curious what readers here make of this?
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:40:54 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Even though there might not be Bible Translations in these languages, does that mean that there's no one in these nations that are believers of Yahuweh?

The Great Commision was to "make disciples of all nations, immersing them into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Set Apart Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

I should look at the specifics of the passage in greater depth, but your understanding matches my own.

One thought that occured to me is does this mean that a Scripture translation into every tongue is required to reach every people group? As an example the USA may be among the most linguistically diverse places on the planet. We have immigrants from almost every place on the globe in addition to several native-Ameircan / American-Indian (as opposed to Indian-American) languages. The question here seems to me to be in how many languages does a message need to be transimitted into to reach every mature and mentally aware person. English would accomodate most, Spanish, French, and Chinese would accomodate most of the rest. While there are speakers of the native American languages few living here are not also conversant in one of the main ones I listed. I wonder if the same principle applies to reaching people with the Good News?
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:44:39 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Would it count if the books they get do not reveal Elohim Yahweh, Messiyah Yahushua and the Ruach HaQodesh? I think perhaps the Great Commission has to do with getting the right message out to all the world, not the books to all the world. And you can be sure that when the two witnesses speak, all the world's cameras shall be focused on them. After everything is said and when they rise after having been slain, the end will come. That we are all sure of. Meanwhile, we should focus on getting the right message out, not just involved in logistics with twisted scriptures. For that I am most thankful to Yada and KP -- whom in my opinion -- are the precursors to the two end-time witnesses, and for the clarity they shine upon the Scriptures. I have been sharing YY but now I am gearing up to distribute The Scriptures as well. I am not concerned that The Scriptures will be translated into every known language, but would rather get the right message out to as many people who may want to hear.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 11:12:22 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This reminds me that the evidence for Yah's existence is in His creation and He has put it on everyone's heart that He exists. Many suppress that by saying there is no god - maybe so they can do what they want and maybe they think their way is better (much like my kids often think their way is better until they learn the hard way that Dad is "always right"). Also, we all know too well that many have seeked Yah and have been led astray by false doctrines/teachings.. But if they seek the Truth and believe in the message of Yah and not the message of man, they will be blown away by the Truth as so many of us have.
Anyways, this all reminds me of Don Richardson's book "Eternity in Their Hearts" which was about how he visited over 25 rare cultures to share the message and he found that embedded in their culture was something they already held onto that allowed the message to penetrate their understanding so they could embrace the message. When someone knows in their heart that Yah exists and they want to know Him, He will send a messenger one way or another to get that message to them in His perfect timing - all those who seek will find. Yes, the message is for all people everywhere, but it is not essential that they have the scriptures in their language in order to follow Yah. I think as each year passes that the 2033 date will make even more sense as things unfold around us. I think we are moving more and more toward prophetic revelation as opposed to prophetic speculation, as Yah will be revealing bits and pieces of future events to some of us in dreams and visions, etc, as it says in Acts 2:17. Doesn't anyone else wake up in the night and look out the window, wondering if they heard Messiyah Yahushua's footsteps in the clouds? He's putting it on the hearts of so many of us that He is even at the door..
Offline AbiYah  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:15:43 AM(UTC)
AbiYah
Woman

Shalom, Brethren! This is my first real post. Concerning the date of 2033 AD, and having the word and message reaching all nations, I agree that time is truly short. We are the Body of Messiyah. While worrying if some long lost culture in the Amazon has received The Word in their own language, we are missing a whole lot of people right here under our noses. We are to produce fruit. What about the Christians and the Jews? I consider myself a Nazarene Israelite. We, perhaps were called to correct those who believe they know, but know not the Truth. We owe it to the Christians because of their marketing skills, have kept the faith, at least alive, although corrupted. They have infiltrated almost all nations. The Jews have kept Torah and the whole Tanakh safe for us to learn from. Without their tenacious love for Torah, all would have been lost. We must call Christians to the mat for their errors. We need to witness to the Jews of the prophecy of the coming of Messiyah has been fulfilled. The Karaite Jews who are loathe of The Talmud being the least corrupted by Rabbinical tradition. All deserve the truth, but we could bear more fruit with those who know something about we are talking about. No one said it would be easy. Thank Yah for Yada and Ken. Without them telling the Truth, I would have been lost too.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:03:53 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome AbiYah. I agree, focus on Yahweh and He may lead us to those we can reach who may be right in front of us and look for those who are are already seeking Truth so that Yah can open their eyes in His perfect timing.