logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sator  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:04:59 PM(UTC)
Sator

I was messing around last night looking for something and came across this video.

This is an eye opener for the vast majority of Christianity that think "Judaism equals Chistianity minus Christ",

For me it was fun to watch because the cool interviewer (hats off to him) stayed with the question regardless of the dodging done by the interviewee. And for the enormous amount of time the interviewee claimed to study at professional institutions--- he knew very little, or so it seems

Is Yahushua the Messiah:

http://www.messianicbibl...v&start=00:00:00.000

Sator

Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:48:11 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
but I wish the interviewer had had a Tanakh
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:57:15 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

This is really far out! Who'd have taught that: "The Moschiach ben Yosef comes in every generation." That: "His soul can be reincarnated repetitively until we finish the repairs that we have to finish." That: "If we are deserving we can know who he is. Otherwise we don't." And that "Only God can forgive your sins," so "I pray in the woods for one hour every day, speaking to God to tell Him everything I did from yesterday to today." Wow! I had no idea that such thinking is taking place today. That the prophets can be disputed, that the Tanakh can be explained by other sources such as Kaballah. I got goosebumps! I'm going to wash off the memory of that video by watching Batman -- The Dark Knight tonight.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:43:05 AM(UTC)
kp

What I find so incredibly sad is that the gentleman being interviewed had sought "the Truth" in conventional christian venues, and he failed to percieve its presence. So he turned to Judaic fables instead. Talk about desperate measures! He was, in effect, compelled to reject a religion of tradition and apathy and poor scholarship, and replace it with a religion where the intellectual prowess of man is worshiped as the highest god. He threw out the baby with the bathwater, and threw away the tub in the bargain. Why is the truth so hard for men like this to see? Yahshua promised that if we'd seek, we'd find; if we knocked, the door would be opened to us. I have found this to be true: Yahweh has never failed me. The only conclusion I can reach is that the interviewee in this video was not prepared to accept the truth Yahweh showed him.

kp
Offline Garrett  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2008 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
Garrett

What I find interesting is that he falls back on the Aramaic Pishetta texts as his justification of denial of Yahshua as Mashiyach. Yet Andrew Gabrial Roth (who also holds that Pishetta has primacy) is a Semitic languages expert...and a believer that Yahshua is the Promised One of Yisrael.

The Pishetta does not deny the virgin birth.

I am sad for this man.
It is the glory of Elohim (God) to conceal a matter, but the honour of melekim (kings) to search it out.
Offline Garrett  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2008 4:03:41 PM(UTC)
Garrett

I just checked the Aramaic Pishetta depository and in each translation (Younan, Lamsa, etc...) They all confirm the virgin birth. Lamsa is an Assryian who firmly holds to the virgin birth.

This man is misinformed.
It is the glory of Elohim (God) to conceal a matter, but the honour of melekim (kings) to search it out.