logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:24:55 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Obama says he will expand Bush’s faith-based program
By Daniel Burke

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Barack Obama said Tuesday (July 1) he would expand President Bush's initiative to fund religious charities and community ministries and make it central to his administration should he reach the White House.

Speaking at East Side Community Ministry in Zanesville, Ohio -- a social- service provider in a battleground state -- Obama said such groups are well placed to solve the country's most pressing problems, from poverty to the environment.

"I believe that change comes not from the top down, but from the bottom up," Obama said, "and few are closer to the people than our churches, synagogues, temples and mosques."

Read on
Yada attached the following image(s):
barackobama.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:49:46 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Are all religions equal in Obama's mind? How do the allocations go? Would he fund the enemies of America who pledge allegiance against the country?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:06:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found a couple of interesting Obama quotes online:

Quote:
"I'm rooted in the Christian tradition," said Obama. He then adds something most Christians will see as universalism: "I believe there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people."

Quote:
"all people of faith — Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, everyone — know the same G0d."

Quote:
"The difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and proselytize. There's the belief, certainly in some quarters, that if people haven't embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior, they're going to hell."

Quote:
"I don't presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. When I tuck in my daughters at night and I feel like I've been a good father to them, and I see that I am transferring values that I got from my mother and that they're kind people and that they're honest people, and they're curious people, that's a little piece of heaven."

Full story
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline CK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:16:05 PM(UTC)
CK

Interesting read Yada, especially in light of a recent video I watched about Ophra Winfrey's latest spin. See it for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/w...&feature=related

Shalom. . .

Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:34:40 PM(UTC)
bitnet

So, in short, Obama calls Yahushua a liar for saying that He is the "only Way, Truth and Light." Sigh!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:05:26 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Oh that video is classic... Even Todd Bentley is more convincing that Ophra... If this deception is taking millions then we are gonna be quite loney....
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 3:29:19 AM(UTC)
kp

Arrrrrgh! Yada's quote #2 --- "all people of faith — Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, everyone — know the same G0d." --- is exactly the same abominable heresy that Bush spouted in a 2003 news conference, proving that he's not the "Christian" he claims to be. Did somebody pass a Federal law while we weren't looking that made holiness in high office illegal?

kp
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:51:52 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The fact he has mentioned Islam is a cause for concern, any funding going to them will be detrimental. Yah has described these leaders right down to the last jot and tittle in Hosea. Thank goodness Yah has blocked their path by trying to find Him by any other means, not that Obama really wants to find God, he actually wants to be God.

Some relevant verses cut from YY - Going Astray - Shama:

Quote:

"The thief comes inside. Bandits raid (pashat - strip the people bare and cause destruction) outside (chuts). They do not consider in their hearts (lebab - inner man, mind, and soul) that I will remember their deeds and those who associate with them (ra’ah). Now their exploits surround and encircle them." (Hosea 7:1-2)

"With their wicked assemblies (ra’ah - evil organizations) they cause the ruler to be elated and arrogant (samach - to rejoice from being intoxicated), and also their princes (sarar - superintendents, administrative overseers, people with implied authority, governors, officers and officials) with their lies (kachash - spoken untruths, deceptions, that which does not conform to reality, delusions, errant opinions, deceit, and rebellion)." (Hosea 7:3)

"They are all unfaithful people (na’aph - adulterers who violate the sanctity and purpose of the marriage relationship) . They are like an oven used for cooking bread kindled by the baker, who ceases to stir it up (sabat uwr - takes an intermission from being diligent and alert, rests from rousing, puts a stop to awakening, is ill-prepared to be lifted up) and stops the kneading (lush - manipulating, pressing and rolling with our hands) of the dough (batseq - grain flour mixed with water) before it is seasoned and ready to rise (chamuts - leavened, worked until it is prepared, glowing and brilliant)." (Hosea 7:4)

"On the day our ruler celebrates, the governmental officers and administrators become afflicted (chalah - become ill, diseased, weak, sick, internally wounded) with the rage (chema - anger, wrath, fury, hostility, antagonism, poison, displeasure, and indignation) of being intoxicated with alcohol. He stretched out and raised his hand (yad - hand; source of power) with scoffers (lilith - demonic monsters of the night, those who scorn, scoff, deride, interpret, mediate, and mock), for their hearts (leb - inner man, mind and understanding, heart and soul, knowledge and thinking, reflections and memories, inclinations and resolutions, their conscience and moral character, their emotions and passions) are like a firepot as they present their ambush (oreb - deceptive trap, conspiracy, scheme, ruse, trickery, plot designed to harm by way of deception, treacherous maneuver, intrigue)." (Hosea 7:5)

"Their anger smolders all night (layil - in the darkness and absence of light, an obscuration by way of a shadow). At the end of the distressing darkness (boqer) it rages like a flaming fire. All of them are enraged (chamam - are hot, have strong feelings of animosity and strife toward others, feel uncontrolled sexual passions, burn with lust) like a firepot. And they feed upon, consume, ruin and destroy their authority figures (shaphat - judges, adjudicators, leaders, rulers, governors, and litigators). All their rulers have fallen and are out of control (naphal - have been brought down, and are prostrate). None of them calls on Me." (Hosea 7:6-7)
Offline kp  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:38:16 AM(UTC)
kp

Actually, Matthew, Bush (in order to remain free of church & state issues) also made Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism, etc. eligible for Faith-Based Program funds. The idea was to turn the job of implementing welfare over to those who were already doing it, and with much greater efficiency, in the nation's needy neighborhoods. It was probably the best thing the Bush administration ever did. So why did Christian and Jewish agencies receive by far the lion's share of Faith-Based-Initiative funding? Because Christians and Jews are the only ones who actively try to alleviate suffering in their communities. Compensating the families of suicide bombers is as close as the Muslims come to the core idea, but that's not exactly the point of the program, is it?

kp
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:03:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

Obama on Iraq - from CNN:

Quote:
"We're going to try this again. Apparently I wasn't clear enough this morning on my position with respect to the war in Iraq. I have said throughout this campaign that this war was ill-conceived, that it was a strategic blunder and that it needs to come to an end."

"I have also said that I would be deliberate and careful in how we got out, that we would bring our troops home at a pace of one to two brigades per month and that at that pace we would have our combat troops out in 16 months," he said.

source