logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:51:43 AM(UTC)
Yada

On CNN:

Quote:
MESEBERG, Germany (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush claimed Wednesday that he had no regrets about the decision to invade Iraq and topple Saddam Hussein in 2003 and reiterated his determination to force Iran to halt its nuclear program.

Story Highlights

- U.S. President Bush says he has no regrets over decision to invade Iraq
- In newspaper interview, Bush admits he wished he had toned down tough rhetoric
- Bush says "all options on the table" in forcing Iran to halt its nuclear program
- Bush says efforts in Iraq will "change the Middle East for the better"

The full story is here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:13:56 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Yada, I can't say I'm surprised. Bush being a politician would seem pretty foolish after all that he's said about the reasons for removing Saddam for the past several years to now say he should've left Saddam in place. I think he much too late realized that his Iraq team of Bremer and Rumsfeld didn't serve him well in the post invasion phase of OIF 2003-2006. I hope that if Bush doesn't state that he regrets removing Saddam that he could at least relate his lessons learned from the poor handling of the post invasion phases of the operation.

I notice that few have questioned his decision to intervene in Afghanistan, with Yada being a notable exception. I think Yada is correct about the Islamic regimes and Jihadi terrorists being the painful symptom rather than the cause of the problems and that political correctness has prevented this from being addressed and hence continues to be tolerated.