logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:55:13 PM(UTC)
Yada

Further evidence of our nation's moral decline? 'Swingtown" is CBS's new prime time summer series.

CNN's Kareen Wynter takes a look at the controversy surrounding the new CBS series here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 5:28:53 AM(UTC)
bitnet

A natural progression after Sex and the City... Sex in the City? I dunno cos I don't watch the series... All I know is that there is a movie now... WHY? Sigh!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline CK  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 8:11:20 PM(UTC)
CK

As a nation we are morally bankrupt. Those of us who protest such trash as 'Swingtown' are seen as stiff necked prudes. We are left voiceless.

In watching the above CNN report, the words that stick with me the most are "If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it." This seems to be the pat answer whenever garbage like this is released and gets raised eyebrows. Yes, I can and do have control over what I will watch (if I watch anything at all). But that's not the point, is it?

Not too long ago I listened to a report on a survey that was taken across the nation by the movie and tv industries. The results were pretty clear. People claimed to be tired of raw sex, bad language and moral depravity found in today's movie/tv productions. For the most part, they want something the whole family can watch. (The motivation behind the survey was of course to ascertain where the money is and what does 'the industry' have to do to get it.)

There will probably be a few tokens thrown out, but I doubt that there will be any major changes.