logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:05:39 AM(UTC)
Yada

Just wondered if anyone had seen this documentary produced by the History Channel entitled, "The Exodus Decoded?" The documentary attempts to the explain the ten plagues of Egypt and the subsequent Red/Reed Sea crossing due to a large volcanic eruption that occurred at the same time (approx. 1,500 BC).

What is your reaction to the premise and the "evidence" it presents?

You can watch the documentary online here.

I also have it uploaded to the YY Study Group room on Paltalk. Just click on the link below in my signature and take a look.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:15:56 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I've watched this documentary a few times Yada. I think there is useful information there but have aspects that I'm inclined to disagree with. I can see yahweh using natural mechanisms to achieve His purposed signs and wonders to deliver His family Yisra'el from bondage. The Thera explosion and other siesmic and atmopsheric phenomenon certainly seem plausible to me. I've watched the host on the series The Naked Archeolgist and saw that he and Camron made the Lost Tomb of Jesus program. I've noticed that the host promotes evidence that supports Judasim while deminishing the Messianic claims of Yahshua which I suppose is not surprising.

I noticed other differences from YY that the show favors such as the rendering as Sea of Reeds as opposed to the Red Sea, a mount Horeb in the central Sanai penninsula not Saudi Arabia and I believe a different pharoah. The show name Ahmoses if I recall. I'll need to check YY for Yada's candidate pharoah. They both agree and correctly from what I can tell that the Exodus occured a few hundred years earlier than the commonly supposed 1200's BCE.
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:21:14 PM(UTC)
Yada

One thing I found at odds with YY was that, in the documentary, they claim to not only have identified the Pharaoh who dealt with Moses but to have found his body. The following is from, Yada Yahweh
Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics, Chapter 3, Matsah, Unleavened Bread
:

Quote:
In the Brooklyn Museum, a papyrus scroll numbered Brooklyn 35:1446 dates to the reign of Sobekhotep III, the predecessor of Neferhotep I. Once we reconcile Egyptian chronologies with the histories of the nations who interacted with them, we discover that Sobekhotep III and Neferhotep I represent the pharaohs who most likely reigned when Moses was born and then during the Exodus. The very late 12th dynasty papyrus contains a decree issued by the pharaoh Sobekhotep for a transfer of slaves. Of the ninety-five names mentioned in the letter, fifty percent are Semitic, thus Hebrew in origin. What’s more, the papyrus lists the slaves’ names in the original Semitic language and then adds the Egyptian name each had been assigned. Scripture records pharaoh doing this very thing in Genesis 41:45.

Relying upon the Mesoretic numerical rendering of I Kings 6:1, Scripture indicates that the Exodus took place in 1447 BCE (480 years before the 967 BCE construction of Yahuweh’s Temple in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign). Unfortunately none of the extant Dead Sea Scrolls fragments cover this passage; but fortunately the Septuagint corroborates this timing. So do external records. According to a second century BCE Greek manuscript, this 1447 date would place the timing of the Exodus under the reign of Khasekemra, a pharaoh whose Greek name means "Ra Shines Perfectly." Further study has shown that the Greek, Khasekemra, is actually the Egyptian Neferhotep, thus affirming that he is the most probable candidate for the pharaoh who defied God.

Archeologist David Down was the first to identify Khasekemra-Neferhotep I as the pharaoh to whom Moses said: "Let my people go." The latest scarabs found in Northern Egypt support his findings, revealing that Neferhotep was in command of Egypt when the Hebrew slaves suddenly left his kingdom. Interestingly, he was the last king to rule before the Hyksos occupied the nation ‘without fighting a battle.’ And that’s because there was no longer an Egyptian army. It was at the bottom of the Red Sea, something Yahuweh confirmed in Exodus 14:28. Also interesting, Khasekemra-Neferhotep’s mummy has never been found.

You can find the complete chapter here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!