logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:14:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

Has anyone heard of this - The "Milk Grotto" in Bethlehem? Here's a description:

Quote:
The Milk Grotto (officially Magharet Sitti Mariam, "Grotto of the Lady Mary") is a serene grotto only a few minutes' walk from Manger Square in Bethlehem.

This grotto, with a Franciscan chapel built above it, is considered sacred because tradition has it that the Holy Family took refuge here during the Slaughter of the Innocents, before their flight into Egypt. Tradition has it that while Mary was nursing Jesus here, a drop of milk fell to the ground, turning it white.

The irregularly shaped grotto is hollowed out of the soft white rock. A church was built here by the 5th century, and mosaic fragments on the terrace of the grotto, with geometrical motifs and crosses, are thought to belong to this time.

Both Christians and Muslims believe scrapings from the stones in the grotto boost the quantity of a mother's milk and enhance fertility. Mothers usually mix it in their drinking water; would-be mothers place the rock under their mattress.

There is also an old tradition that identifies this as the burial site of the young victims of Herod's Slaughter of the Innocents. (There is a chapel dedicated to them in the caves beneath the Church of St. Catherine.)

There is occult symbolism all over the place.

Speaking of occult symbolism, not far away from the Milk Grotto is the Church of the Nativity, I found this image and description:

Quote:
The floor of the nave has a hole that allows you to see what remains of the Byzantine mosaics that covered the original church floor. Some bullet damage from the siege of the church in 2002 are evident on the 12th-century wall mosaics. The church altar is straight ahead. The Altar of the Nativity sits below a silver and gold chandelier. Stairways on either side of the main altar lead to the grotto.

Why is it that all of this stuff takes place in caves?
Yada attached the following image(s):
milk grotto.jpg
milk grotto mary nursing Jesus.JPG
milk grotto image of Mary nursing Jesus.JPG
Mary and Jesus with Halos.jpg
bethlehem-nativity-star.jpg
nave church floor.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:11:01 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You cant beat a good cave Yada :)

Its always turned my stomach all this stuff... I mean do they think it even looks tasteful? Taking away from the fact that its as probably the most insulting thing you can "dedicate" to Yah, dosnt anyone else just think its really tacky?
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:51:40 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Sigh! People will always see what they want to see and believe what they want. It takes a certain Spirit to enable a person to step back and say, "I'm ready to re-examine why I believe what I believe." Superstitions, occult practices, religious rituals, miracles... they all need to be viewed suspiciously in the Light of Truth. Can we blame people for being misled all these years? Should we? No, I think we should be clear that we should not blame the sheep so much but the false shepherd. Can we expose them? This site is doing a mighty fine job and we should add to it. Abba Yahweh hates falseness and we are not to tolerate it, so we should tear it down whenever we can. I understand what drives Yada and KP in their expose of religions, and I think that the same Set-Apart Spirit will move each of us to break these forms of idolatry whenever we can. But please be wise and do not put yourself at unnecessary risk.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.