logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:03:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

I am in the process now of drafting some policy guidelines for the forum and I would love to hear your thoughts on do's and don'ts, etc.. I will post a rough draft shortly and I hope that everyone will add their two cents.

Does anyone have any initial thoughts and/or comments? Are you aware of any other documents/guidelines that exist (on another forum, blog, site, etc.) that I might take a look at to help me?

Thanks.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline FF  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:36:37 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Yada,

I am unaware of any, but think this is a good idea.

Boundaries are good things.

FF
Thinking
FF
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:20:51 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
you could look at www.christianforums.com and their rules and regs...

they are http://www.christianforums.com/rules here :) I don't know what they say like... but it might give you an idea :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline FF  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:34:01 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Robskiwarrior,

Thank you for looking up this information.

I wanted to but decided to go to sleep.

But to you it is GOOD MORNING and THANK YOU!!!

Blessings,
FF
FF
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 5:29:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks Robskiwarrior - this is exactly the kind of information that I was looking for.

I hope that others on the forum will also contribute any ideas/sources/sites that they feel are pertinent.

Thanks again (again chance of getting you to volunteer to help writing some YY Study Guides? Anyone else out there that would like to help?)

I look forward to seeing you in the Paltalk chat room.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Tiffany  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 5:56:58 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Rule and boundries are always good, I would say just one...

Remember we are children of Yahweh and even though we may get our feeling hurt by other sisters and brothers because they don't see things the way we do, we must love them.

Just a thought! Because I know I have questioned a few posting and how they respond to others.
Offline Theophilus  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 6:12:40 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I've had a little experience moderating at other forums, and definitely endorse having a "read this first rules and guidelines section". The one's I've encountered vary depending on the intent of the Administrators. If the staff has agreed what that intent is and what would violate this then such a section will prevent potential misunderstandings and possible hard feelings.

I was curious about two features on this forum I've not encountered before. Are posts reviewed before they appear on the board for all to see or is there some sort of lag?

I was also curious about the points counter below the post counter. What if anything does this measure? Is a large posiitive score "better" than a negative score as I've observed both?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 8:09:15 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
FF wrote:
Robskiwarrior,

Thank you for looking up this information.

I wanted to but decided to go to sleep.

But to you it is GOOD MORNING and THANK YOU!!!

Blessings,
FF

Sleep is always good :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 9:07:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks for the question about posts - the way the board is set-up now, members can post directly but then there is a administartive/moderator filter that sends the posts to those of us with administrative priveleges for final approval.

Since the forum was first set-up, it seemed to mean that many posts were "slipping through the cracks" and going directly to the board without ever coming to me. We now have over 500 posts in approx. 100 different topics. I have notified tech support of this but I will also need your help - if you see/read something that is questionable, please let me know.

Thanks.

-Yada