logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jeannie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:56:29 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

A question for Yada from a reader. I think the questions about the calendar is a huge topic and one that is often misunderstood.

Monday, September 11, 2006
have one question, I have no doubt you are right, but if we are off by 33 years on our calender do we not have to add 33 years to it. Making it the year 2039? I know it will always be ending in three but I know we are off by 33 years. so would you not add 33 years to it, to get 2039?
T

T,

Our calendar is meaningless. It’s Yahweh’s calendar that counts—and for that you have to read and understand Leviticus. If we convert His to ours for reference than it’s six of the seven Miqra being fulfilled in 33 and 2033 that count. You may be hung up on the starting of the Gregorian system based upon an errant guess as to when “Jesus was born.” Not only were they wrong in the year, they missed the day too. His arrival fulfilled the fourth day prophecy in Genesis One and was confirmed by John. Please read the Ma’sehyah chapter if you want to know how we know that 33 was the year.

Yada

Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:20:42 AM(UTC)
kp

It's admittedly hard to get our minds wrapped around a 7,000-year calendar that encompasses the entire human (i.e. post-fall Adamic race) experience. It may be helpful to peruse the "Prophetic Chronology Chart" at the end of Future History. It corelates "absolute" years with our more familiar "Gregorian" calendar in chart form, expressing major scriptural milestones in terms of both systems, sort of like the Rosetta Stone. The milestone year coming up, 2033 CE, is actually the year 6000 on Yahweh's calendar.

kp
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:27:04 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Speaking of dates, while I basically understand the gregorian calendar (flaws and all) as well as the 7,000 year calander of Yahuweh (YY), and even the Islamic AH (years after the Hagira) system of dating, I'm curious what modern Israel's dating is based on if anything?

For an example today's Jerusalem Post shows today as :

4 Av 5767, Thursday, July 19, 2007 18:59 IST

If 2033 CE (GC) = 6,000 on Yahuweh's calendar, then 2007 GC = 5974 YY = 5767 Modern Israeli then there is a difference of 207 years between Yahuweh's start date from Adam's fall and whatever it is modern Israel is starting their dating system from. Why?

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:59:52 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
also - I was thinking on this line, you add a month depended on the grain in the field test... is this accounted for? I don't know if it could be... maybe thats a daft question :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 3:41:24 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

While considering this issue, I recalled a passage from YY book I chapter 3 "Chay- Life" that explains at east some of the difference in dating:

Quote:
And while we are on the subject of the deluge, if you were to rely on English translations of the Bible (prepared 1384 CE through 1975) or the Masoretic (prepared 1000 CE through 1550) you'd have to time the flood to 2348 BCE, a date which is inconsistent with geology, archeology, and written history. The Septuagint (prepared 300 to 200 BCE) adds exactly one hundred years to six generations between Shem and Abraham, and twenty years to a seventh - something confirmed by the Samarian Pentateuch (prepared 400 to 600 BCE) in each case. This would place the flood very near 2967-8 BCE.

The reason for these discrepancies is actually very simple. Paleo-Hebrew used a horizontal line above a alpha-numerical representation to convey the one hundred's place. Papyrus was woven such that the fibers formed horizontal ridges and indentations. With the ink and writing instruments of the day, and with constant unfurling of scrolls, a horizontal line would soon become virtually invisible in all but the best light. So the scribes simply left out the one hundred place in these six post-flood and pre-Abraham generations.

So 2967 - 2348 = 619 years of difference unless I'm misunderstanding something? I'm guessing that adding 100 years to six generations, means adding a total of 600 years + 20 years to the seventh generation which does bring the flood into a fixed period of time.

While YY explains how dates can be errantly read, I still see the calendar revealed in YY and the modern Israeli one differing even after adjusting for the flood date.

This and other ancient dating discrepencies makes me suspicious of claims of definitive dating of ancient events. I recall YY also detailing this in Egyptian dynastic dating, the Daniel 9 calculation, and the timing of Messiyah's arrival.
Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 7:24:07 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Okay, I've done some digging on the modern Hebrew Calendar and may have found my answer as to what it is timed against:

While I tend to be cautious of wikipedia as a source, I gathered the following from :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

Quote:
The epoch of the modern Hebrew calendar is 1 Tishri AM 1 (AM = anno mundi = in the year of the world), which in the proleptic Julian calendar is Monday, October 7, 3761 BCE, the equivalent tabular date (same daylight period). This date is about one year before the traditional Jewish date of Creation on 25 Elul AM 1, based upon the Seder Olam of Rabbi Yossi ben Halafta, a second century CE sage. (A minority opinion places Creation on 25 Adar AM 1, six months earlier, or six months after the modern epoch.) Thus, adding 3760 to any Julian/Gregorian year number after 1 CE will yield the Hebrew year which roughly coincides with that English year, ending that autumn. (Add 3761 for the year beginning in autumn). Due to the slow drift of the modern Jewish calendar relative to the Gregorian calendar, this will be true for about another 20,000 years.

The traditional Hebrew date for the destruction of the First Temple (3338 AM = 423 BCE) differs from the modern scientific date, which is usually expressed using the Gregorian calendar (586 BCE). The scientific date takes into account evidence from the ancient Babylonian calendar and its astronomical observations. In this and related cases, a difference between the traditional Hebrew year and a scientific date in a Gregorian year results from a disagreement about when the event happened — and not simply a difference between the Hebrew and Gregorian calendars. See the "Missing Years" in the Hebrew Calendar.

So it would seem to be an estimate for the creation of the world. I checked on this topic further finding:

Quote:
Anno Mundi (AM, "in the year of the world") refers to a Calendar era counting from the creation of the world. An example is the Hebrew calendar which considers creation to have taken place in the year 3760 BC. This is based upon the Seder Olam Rabbah of Rabbi Yose Ben Halafta in the second century AD. The year 2007 AD, before Rosh Hashanah, is 5767 AM in the Hebrew calendar.

AM was also used by early Christian chronographers. The medieval historian Bede dated creation to 18 March 3952 BC. The Irish Annals of the Four Masters gives the year 5194 BC

The Aetos Kosmou is the corresponding concept in the Byzantine calendar, which dates creation to 1 September 5509 BC.

James Ussher (1654) dated creation to 23 October 4004 BC.

Related to this is the Anno Lucis of Freemasonry, which adds 4000 years to the AD date; and the Julian day number, counting the days that have elapsed since noon Greenwich Mean Time (UT or TT) on Monday, January 1, 4713 BC.

The date inferred from the Roman Martyrology[1] is 25 March 5199 BC, which is close to the date of the Irish annals mentioned above.

While not agreeing with Bede as the date of the creation of the world, he seems pretty close at 3952 BCE to the 3967 BCE date for Adam's fall in YY.