logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 6:13:01 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A friend of mine frequents a forum called diaper swappers (place for parents that use cloth diapers) and I guess they talk religion there alot. Pagan's like to go there. He sent this to me about what they are saying:

Quote:
I am reading a thread on diaper swappers about Ostara and it is very informative and looks just like they are celebrating Easter (of course they are). The original poster included an explanation of the origin and meaning behind the festival. So, now I definitely don't want to use the symbols and games and such that they are using.

Oh, they said it bothers them when people think they are celebrating the "Christian Easter". Just another reason to get away from the confusion that Easter and Christmas create. There should be no similarity between what a Pagan and a Christian are celebrating since they are not even worshiping the same god. There is no fellowship between light and darkness. I wish you could read the thread, but you would need an account, which isn't hard. I am not going to interject anything. I just read it to become more aware of their practices. It isn't really the place for confrontation.

Hear is the original post:

Quote:
Blessed Ostara!

Today is the Spring Equinox. The first day of Spring and when night and day are equal in length. It is a day to celebrate rebirth and renewal. A day to start new projects and to set plans into motion.

In mythology, today the God becomes a young man (close to a teen) and gains strength since his birth in Yule (the Winter Solstice). The Goddess, formerly being in the Crone aspect is now once again a Maiden. Some view today as the union between God and Goddess and when She becomes pregnant with the God. Some place this occurance as early as Imbolg (the previous sabbat) or as late as Beltane (the next sabbat).

The origins of the name Ostara (and of the name Easter) comes from the Germanic Goddess Eostre.

Fun activities for Ostara (and Easter) include painting eggs, having an egg hunt, sowing seeds, picking up litter and garbage, taking a walk, doing Spring cleaning, meditation, oomancy (divination by eggs), doing a ritual to celebrate the holiday, leaving offerings of food and milk for faeries or other spirits that may be contributing to the fertility of the land, safely (and with a permit) lighting a bonfire, and/or decorate an altar to represent Spring, fertility, and renewal.

Have a fantastic Spring day! Blessings!
Offline Juski  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 7:33:51 AM(UTC)
Juski

hehe -the pagans can have easter back, I certainly dont want it anymore!!

Its funny because a survey done in the Uk recently said 10% of people have absolutely no idea what easter is about anyway, and 90% think the most important bit is the chocloate. Its about time the pagans reclaimed easter then maybe Christians could celebrate the resurrection properly.

One good think about easter though - lambs on sale so I got a bargain ready for passover :)
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 10:14:25 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Behold!!! The ham that takes away the sins of the world!!!
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 10:56:49 AM(UTC)
kp

Oh, shalom82, you are too funny. And I'm with you, Juski: the most important thing about "Easter" is the chocolate. In the immortal words of Vince Lombardagiradelli, "Chocolate isn't everything. It's the only thing."

And Icy, your quote made a really strange picture pop involuntarily into my head: "Go ahead and sacrifice your children to Moloch, but only if you have a valid bonfire permit." Now that's political correctitude!

kp
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 6:01:15 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

What's the symbology behind the egg laying rabbit? I haven't read Koster's "Come Out Of Her My People" book yet, but am wanting to know the meanings. My wife bought chocolate eggs the other day for the kids and while I was reluctantly (because of Easter) pushing the trolley around with her I wanted to tell her what they symbolise but I didn't know the whole story. Just from logic I assume the egg stands for gestation, impregnation, a time of waiting for birth, etc. but I could be wrong. I also heard somewhere that the red coating on the eggs is from the blood of the children sacrificed to Molech. Then that brings another question, why is Santa dressed in red, is that because the statue of Molech was heated until glowing red before putting the children into its arms?

Are the pagans on that diapers forum aware of the religion's past practices?

I told my wife that I will not celebrate the feast of Easter because of its pagan origins, she responded saying she doesn't care about its history and that she's just doing it because she did it as a kid and that everyone else is doing it. Let's hope over time His Way rubs off on her and change occurs, there has been some change already, like no Christmas decorations in the house and such.
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 6:15:26 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Yes, it's time for the ritual bloodletting after the washing of feet... Then comes the bunny hop, lots of chocs, ham lunches, and a feel-good thingy that someone died 2,000 years ago so that we can move on to play harps on clouds when we've done time here on earth. Sheeeesh! How did we get to this!?

In retrospect, when I look back at how we are told to queue up to kiss the feet of a crucified statue, and how the altar boys used to wipe the feet after each kiss, and when the horrors of AIDS and the bird flu raised the spectre of mass infection among Catholics resulting in a bow of respect in lieu of the kiss, I know I really felt most uncomfortable that we did such things supposedly in His name and against His commandments while in His house. How did Mithraism creep in so subtly that the early believers started to compromise and accept such practices? I suppose those who relented did so after much persecution by the Romans, and persuasion by their leaders so that they could live to worship another day, albeit vastly in error. I was glad that I did not have to subjugate myself to this for long, and I had hoped that members of my family could see it for what it really is.

Unfortunately, they have not had such insight till today, and I think that it is partly my fault for not telling them directly. While we sit at our PCs and ridicule some pagan practices, I think most of us struggle with the notion of approaching our family members to move them out of idolatry, lest we be ostracised and excommunicated instead. As far as excommunication is concerned, I really don't have any problem with that, but I'd like for my brother and sister and their families to come to know Yahweh. I always say, "Patience, here a little and there a little until they are ready to listen," but then again should I just talk to them straight and get it over with -- "Either you are with Him or not with Him" and risk losing them? Then I remember Yahushua talking in parables and I remember why He spoke in parables. So, I think that sometimes having patience is more than necessary with those whom are not enlightened, but a firmer, more direct approach is needed for those who lead others astray. Hence my decision to be more "outspoken" with my pastor friend by way of giving him more articles to read despite his silent protests, and a gentler approach with my family members. Perhaps one day in the near future I shall be able to bring them yada Yahweh and realise that they have been hoodwinked by other men who seek nothing but power and wealth for themselves in the service of their gods.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:54:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

Anybody see this on CNN today: "Pope leads Way of the Cross procession to the Colosseum in Rome." Everyone's walking around holding black crosses and candles as the Pope looks on - eerie.

You can watch the video here.

Also, on CNN's main page: "Star explodes halfway across universe." I wonder if there's any connection? (lol)
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:43:26 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I crossed this sentence in the Noah chapter of YY and I'm now reminded of it when I think of my blood family:

Quote:
It is more in keeping with God’s plan for you to pray for the redemption and vindication of your spouse and children than it is for the collective salvation of your community and country.

With my family I just set an example, I don't Bible-bash in anyway. I let them do they asking, or I just comment on situations like the pagan feasts and hopefully the seeds drop in good soil. The not eating pork serves as a great way to set an example, I have been ridiculed already for it, being told to "grow up!"
Offline shalom82  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:48:44 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Eh...Matthew don't worry about growing up...I would rather be a child of YHWH than a man on any other terms ;-}
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:53:29 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hear, hear! Brother shalom82 speaks the Truth. The funny thing is that I have been on this diet for some time now... 20 years... and my brother and sister are still in denial that I have moved beyond Catholicism. I know that they are practicising what they think is in honour of the faith of our parents, but I honour my parents by moving on to Truth and not hanging on to falseness. I believe that my parents have brought me thus far in their faith, and it is up to me to press on further to the Truth. For that I thank them, as it would have been of little help if I was brought up in the midst of Hinduism or Islam. So praise be to Yahweh for His mercy and I pray that one day we shall be united in Truth. Family first, community and country... we'll see.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:28:36 AM(UTC)
Yada

I saw this video just now on CNN:

Spring equinox celebration 1:26
Thousands of pilgrims climbed the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan, Mexico, to celebrate the first day of spring

You can watch the video here.

Happy Easter...or is it Ishtar? I can never remember.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!