logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gammafighter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:48:32 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

A Rood Awakening

Mr. Rood makes a fascinating point in this video about Yahweh's true name. In the famous prophet showdown, hundreds of prophets of the LORD prayed and swore upon the name of the LORD, thinking they were praying to the God who brought them out of Egypt, but they didn't know His name. When Elijah called upon the name of Yahweh, he was answered.

It seems to me like a picture of modern day. Now I'm not exactly calling down fire from heaven, but maybe it's a message to encourage our faith. It sure worked for me!
Offline Koos  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:40:45 AM(UTC)
Koos
Man

I haven’t got all the equipment to watch Rood’s video but I can imagine the context of it more or less. Since having learnt the proper Name of Yahuweh/Yahushua I have also come in to a deeper spiritual relationship with our Father. It feels as if I really communicate with Him on a deeper spiritual level. Even to such an extent that I now a days have regular talk sessions which seem to third parties like one mad man talking to himself!

Yahuweh is awesome! We cannot prescribe to Him. He sets the rules. Demons know who He is. When we love Him and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth the spiritual world is aware of what is going on. Yahuweh has never been prejudiced by the fact that we have neglected His own and personal proper Name – we humans are the one who prejudiced ourselves with this abomination – Lord = Baal!!! So much so that many of us do not even know whether Allah could also be the God of the Christians! (I have just posted an article on this subject on the Rapture Ready (Soapbox) site – pray that they will accept it and post it!)

I know that even when Christian believers have used the name of “Jesus” which is totally wrong, the inhabitants of the spiritual world and more specific demons, which is more real than this material world we live in, flee when commanded to exit from a victim. They realize that the Creator Yahuweh is behind this specific command in which they are driven out and they listen and they run!! How much more, and I would love to see this for myself, when we command demons to leave in the wonderful precious name of Yahushua!!

This weekend I had the wonderful privilege of driving demons out and away from my grand son of 11 months in a hospital in London, thousands of miles away from Gauteng RSA. When I was told what was going on, I experienced a “holy” fury or anger. I went outside and spoke to Yahushua about the problem, telling Him that I am sure that this was a case of demonic oppression since no medical tests could furnish any reason for the problems which landed this little baby in ICU. I then addressed the demons in the spiritual world through my High Priest Yahushua and the little one is back home today. I wasn’t there to witness it personally but I have all the feedback.

Gammafighter, May Yahuweh bless you and make His face to shine upon you. I have read quite a few posts which you have written. May you grow in grace and wisdom and strength which we will need one of these days – we might find ourselves in a similar position as Elijah when we will have to ask Yahuweh to act again when we confront Baal – in this case Islam the false prophet!

YAHUWEH/YAHUSHUA is the greatest!!!!
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 9:48:43 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK, I got a question. How do we get from the word baal to the word lord? Is it simply because the mean the same thing? The dictionary word for baal says that it also means master and lord. Baal can also be a proper noun, a name for a false god. The word lord can also mean master. What's the difference between using the title master and the title lord?

I have a confusion with Hosea 2:16-17 where one version says My Master and yet the other version says My Baal:

"In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked." (NIV)

"And it shall be, in that day," declares Yahweh, "that you shall call Me 'My Husband,' and no longer call Me 'My Baal.' And I shall remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name." (ISR)

Who is this passage in Hosea actually speaking about, is it referring to the Israelites or Ekklesia, or both? When reading the above in different versions I get a different interpretation for each, when it uses My Master to My Husband it refers to a change, in a relational sense, whereas with My Baal to My Husband refers to a change from serving a false god to serving and knowing the true God.

The Disciples refer to Yahshua as Master in Luke 8:24.

I just can't see a connection between the word lord and word baal other than being told they mean the same thing. Does anyone know the history of these two words, how they developed over time and how they ended up having the same meaning?
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 12:28:57 PM(UTC)
kp

The problem is, these words (master, lord, husband, baal) all overlap a little in meaning. Of course, rendering YHWH as "The Lord" is an outright fraud, but the rest of the Hosea 2 passage sees a subtle but significant shift in meaning in the way Israel will perceive and relate to Yahweh. Let's pull it apart and see if we can't get to the bottom of it:

"In that day," declares YHWH, "you will call me 'my husband' (iysh---man, male, husband, champion); you will no longer call me 'my master.' (Ba'aliy---"my lord," based on Ba'al: owner, husband, lord, master, ruler) I will remove the names of the Baals (Ba'alim: male divinity of the Phonecians and Canaanites, whose name means owner, husband, lord, master, ruler. Note: the Masoretes have this pointed differently from the previous definition, but the word in the original text would have been identical, though plural) from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked."

Here's what Hosea is saying: When Israel finally repents and returns to Yahweh, she will enjoy a love-based husband-wife relationship with Him, not a fear-based master-subject relationship (such as that "enjoyed" by good Muslim wives, who are little more than chattel for their husbands). At that time, all the false gods who usurped Yahweh's rightful place in her heart all those years will be forgotten. I can safely say that Israel will no longer call Yahweh Ha-Shem or Adonay or G-d. My wife tries to please me because she loves me. But that doesn't mean our relationship stops with my being her "lord." (Cough, choke, sputter.) It's not that kind of relationship. She doesn't call me Master---she calls me Ken (or sometimes Froggie---you know, like a prince gone horribly wrong---let's not go there). Israel and Yahweh, sometime in the near future: same kind of thing. Hope that helps, Matthew. Ribbit.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 1:52:46 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
(or sometimes Froggie---you know, like a prince gone horribly wrong---let's not go there)

Aww thats so cute!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:18:10 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Lol! Always good to wake up and have a good laugh in the morning. I agree as well, it's pretty cute. But there's an important lesson, that's the relationship he wants for us to have with Him, little things that bring us closer together.

kp wrote:
"In that day," declares YHWH, "you will call me 'my husband' (iysh---man, male, husband, champion); you will no longer call me 'my master.' (Ba'aliy---"my lord," based on Ba'al: owner, husband, lord, master, ruler) I will remove the names of the Baals (Ba'alim: male divinity of the Phonecians and Canaanites, whose name means owner, husband, lord, master, ruler. Note: the Masoretes have this pointed differently from the previous definition, but the word in the original text would have been identical, though plural) from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked."

Here's what Hosea is saying: When Israel finally repents and returns to Yahweh, she will enjoy a love-based husband-wife relationship with Him, not a fear-based master-subject relationship (such as that "enjoyed" by good Muslim wives, who are little more than chattel for their husbands).

That's pretty much the gist of the matter: Yahweh wants a love-based husband-wife relationship rather than a fear-based master-subject relationship. Yahweh is based on love and choice, whereas Satan is based on hate and submission. A complete contrast!

So when calling Yahweh "Lord" we are associating Him with the Baals, a ruler and master, in terms of a submission based relationship, going completely against His revealed nature in Scripture.

We have been given commands by Yahweh but we respond in love, with the bonus of Him walking at our sides.

Thanks for the clarification kp!
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:08:45 AM(UTC)
kp

Matthew wrote:
Quote:
So when calling Yahweh "Lord" we are associating Him with the Baals, a ruler and master, in terms of a submission based relationship, going completely against His revealed nature in Scripture.

I wouldn't go quite that far, Matthew. Because we endeavor to do the will of Yahweh, He is de facto "our Lord." But calling Him "the Lord" instead of Yahweh or Father or Papa is kind of like looking at a Lamborghini and saying, "Gee, what a nice radio this car has." We've missed the point entirely.

kp
Offline jojocc  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:15:08 AM(UTC)
jojocc

If it was a Countach then maybe the radio is worth commenting on - by all accounts unless you are Michael Schumaker the thing is nigh on impossible to drive. (I once saw some poor guy who had to do a fifty point turn to get his around a mini roundabout...)