logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 5:44:03 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

After watching this video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dIh2JKSPwg I began to understand how the false messiah will gain a foothold. If enough Jews believe this then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy as some smart aleck belonging to the Adversary shall plan such an advent for them. KP is right on the mark again!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:23:26 AM(UTC)
kp

Oh, man! Don't you just hate it when I'm right all the time? This poor shlub and millions of Jews like him are going to fall for the Antichrist like a ton of bricks when the AC starts fulfilling the Daniel 9 stuff---when he: (1) engineers a peace treaty with Israel's neighbors, (2) demonstrates a knowledge of the Torah, and (3) is instrumental in getting the third Temple built on Mount Moriah. Bitnet is absolutely correct: the acceptance of the Antichrist as Messiah among religious Jews will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. (The same thing will be true, by the way, of his nemesis in the Muslim world, the Mahdi---a.k.a. Gog.) An observation: if religious Jews will be the ones getting sucked in by the AC, then the Jews who'll form the backbone of repentant Israel in the Last Days might be comprised primarily of those who are atheists today.

Did you notice the rabbi's lame reason for rejecting "Jesus" as the Messiah? It's because He didn't fulfill all of the prophecies expected of the Messiah during His first-century advent. Forget the fact that during His very first sermon, when Yahshua quoted from Isaiah, He stopped reading in mid-passage, telling us precisely how much of the prophecy He would fulfill at that time (and how much of the prophecy would be left until later.)

kp
Offline Tiffany  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Wow~

I think my favorite part was the biblical zoo! So following this thought lets stick the lamb into the same cage with the wolf, and replace the lamb everyday because the lamb that lasts two or three days will represent the coming Messiah. And building that third temple is the proof this guy needs, in the case with the AC that leads them down a path I know I don't want to be on.

Yikes
Tiffany

Edited by user Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:12:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:53:18 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah, Tiffany, that occurred to me, too. Under their messiah, the wolf and the lamb will lie down together, but you have to replace the lamb every morning. Too bad the rabbi doesn't understand that the Lamb of God is also the Lion of Judah! Poor wolf.

kp
Offline Mark  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:46:42 PM(UTC)
Mark

It is reassuring to me that there is an awareness here at YY of where believing that Jesus was not the Messiah may lead in the end times.

I am still trying to understand all the emphasis here on old testament stuff. Why is it such a big deal to use Jesus as the name for the Messiah? It has been used

however imperfectly for the entire history of the USA.
Offline shalom82  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 7:56:00 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To use the name of Jesus other than in perhaps a relational sense to those who are coming into a more complete revelation (when you yourself have been as a horse led to the water) with justifications like, "He knows who I am talking to/about.", shows an attitude of flippancy and irreverence. It makes light of the full revelation of what his name means. Yahushua=Yahuweh's Salvation. The rabbinics hate the name so much that they have nearly censored it on sites like wikipedia. That might show you in some small sense the importance of the name. As has been discussed over and over again in the YY books and on this forum...the early congregation (ekklesia) marked their scriptures with placeholders as to not pervert the names. That also in some way should show you the importance of the names according to the manifestations of Elohim.

As for the covenant (old testament) stuff...the pages of those books proclaim that there is an Elohim of this Universe, His purposes, His reasons, the promises and aspirations He has for his people, and it is a text book that leads directly to the Messiah.

And I am sorry if I sound like a real snot, but since Jesus has been used for the entire history of the United States, I guess it must be alright...seeing as how history begins and ends with the United States. As for the freedoms and liberties you enjoy in the United States...much of U.S. and State law is based on the concepts that Yahuweh fostered in the Hebrews and on Torah (especially state laws). America is an Israelite throwback that did not go far enough and got adulterated with concepts from Greece and Rome...thats why we are still going to pot. And last but not least...as you said "however imperfectly".
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.