logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 6:38:46 PM(UTC)
visitor

Why was nothing ever written about the early life of Yahushua? Since his mother and brothers were there and available, didn't anyone think or have an interest in knowing about this part of His life? This is another question that has always gnawed at me. Thanks.

I have been having some problems posting replies as the moderator, so I have included the response below:

You’ll should ask the Boss about this since it troubles you. It doesn’t bother me because most of Yahushua’s early life serves no purpose from a prophetic or salvation perspective. Further, it isn’t about Yahushua the man, but Yahushua as Yahuweh fulfilling His mission to reveal Himself to and save mankind. Seeing Yahushua as a baby, a child, and then young person takes us away from seeing Yahuweh as God and Savior. We are not called to trust and rely upon a child, or even to revere a baby in its mother’s arms, but instead upon Yahuweh as God. Making too big a deal of “Jesus’ birth” and of “the mother of God” is one of many things which led Catholics away from salvation.

Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:47:54 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The only source of Scripture that really delves into this is Luke 2:40-51 (The Scriptures)

40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, being filled with wisdom. And the favor of Elohim was upon Him.
41 And His parents went to Yerushalayim every year at the Festival of the Passover.
42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Yerushalayim according to the practice of the festival.
43 When they had accomplished the days, as they returned, the Child Yahushua stayed behind in Yerushalayim. And His parents did not know it,
44 but thinking He was in their company, they went a day's journey, and were seeking Him among the relatives and friends.
45 And not having found Him, they returned to Yerushalayim, seeking Him.
46 And it came to be, after three days, that the found Him in the Set-apart Place, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.
47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
48 And having seen Him, they were amazed. And His mother said to him, "Son, why have you done this to us? See, Your father and I have been anxiously seeking You."
49 And He said to them, "Why were you seeking Me? Did you not know that I had to be in the matters of my Father?"
50 But they did not understand the word which He spoke to them.
51 And He went down with them and came to Natsareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these matters in her heart.
52 And Yahushua increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with Elohim and men.

I think this passage is enough to tell us about Yahushua's childhood. What is interesting to note is that this took place around the time of the Passover Festival. We can only imagine the questions He asked concerning the Festival and meaning there of. Eventually, He was to become the Sacrifice. I wonder when it dawned upon Him that He was to be the Sacrifice?
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:32:22 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Aaaah, yes, the early life... It would have been great if it was recorded in more detail so that we could learn about the first (?) recorded child Prodigy. Scripture records that He was an ordinary looking person and I wonder what a teenage Yahushua would have looked like and the things He did in his teens in a land that was subjugated by the Romans. All sorts of stories float about Him and some include travels to India for mystic knowledge (as if!) before The Sacrifice. The one thing I really wonder about is why He did not leave anything in writing! Is it because it is already written in the Tanakh? And He knew that the Renewed Covenant Scriptures will leave enough testimony? IF He had written would it have made a difference? Would writings by His hand be preserved? Or would it have made all the apostles moving targets of the pharisees and saducees? Compromised the safety of His earthly family? Sigh! I really wonder...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.