logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:06:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

I was reading in FH about the "Rapture" when I came across this paragraph:

Quote:
Yes, the Feast of Trumpets is prophetic of the rapture of the Church. Does this mean that the rapture must happen on The Feast of Trumpets--in September or October? The return of Yahshua for His Church has been considered imminent ever since the Day of Pentecost. But that doesn’t negate the fact that every single one of the Feasts of Yahweh that have already come to pass has been fulfilled on the very day of its Levitical directive. That’s more than a little significant, if you ask me. Though trying to guess the date of the rapture is a fool’s errand, I must admit that during the last decade or so, I’ve occasionally caught myself glancing up at the clouds on autumn mornings and grinning. I can’t help it.

One of the things that leaps out at you as you read FH and YY is the fact that all of these events are tied directly to the Miqra. It's so simple and makes so much sense but, at the same time, it got me wondering - why hasn't anybody else firgured out this connection before?

You can find the complete chapter from FH here.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:41:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yada wrote:
why hasn't anybody else firgured out this connection before?

yea thats something I wonder... when I look back on my life as a Christian, the reason I didn't wonder is that the "OT" didn't matter and we were never taught anything. Now im making a sweeping guess but I would say if you are told that the "OT" didn't matter and it was just history and that all that matters is how you can best serve your "Lord Jesus" that would nullify most of the ambition people have to actually start looking at it.

I think if I was a Christian scholar (which I am definitely not :) ) It would have been a big block for me to jump over - not because I would have seen it as out of bounds, but just that I had been taught that it does not matter - therefore I will look at something else much more important - like church growth... or how best to impact society with the good news, or "Christ in our Culture" you know, the making it relevant books...

I think with the Christian myth, and to some extents, phobia of the OT - you just don't even go there.

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:47:30 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think Rob it the nail on the head. Christians don't look at the OC really, so they don't see it. And, the Jewish don't look at the RC. So they are both blind because they only want to see what they want.
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:24:47 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Actually from what I have seen many have figured out about the miqra and even the nuances of the Yowbel and the Jubilee. They may not say it as clearly and succinctly as the YY family of books, but I get a feeling that more and more are realizing it.

As an interesting and related aside....I was listening to an audio sermon the other day at my favorite messianic congregation on the web, Kehilat T'nuvah, and the Pastor made a very interesting and wonderful point. He said that one of the earliest and largest groups in Israel to come to faith in Messiah was.....THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD! If you think about it and as he said it makes sense. This group of people were dealing with and immersed in the shadow pictures, the dress rehearsals, and the metaphors on a daily basis. It would have been very hard for them to miss it. He didn't substantiate it very well and he might get to that next week. Perhaps I will write him an email and share it with you if he replies. In the mean time if anybody has knowledge of this amazing claim...please share.

As an another interesting yet related aside, if you want to check out a ministry that has a very interesting premise and really could do some good work, check out hayovel.com. It's an American family that has decided to witness their love for Messiah by loving and helping the people of Israel by using their agricultural expertise. Yovel is the modern day version of Yowbel...or the Jubilee.

This is from their introductory video on the site:
Quote:
"The vision of Havovel is to develop a network of individuals, families, and congregations who are ready to labor side by side with the people of Israel...to bless them, to stand with them,...to share with them a passion for the soon coming Jubilee in Yeshua Messiah."

I think they very well could understand the date of his coming will be a Jubilee Year. I think they have a very worthy Yah inspired idea. Check em out.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:10:55 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello,

Actually the meaning of the Miqra has been known for quite some time now. I do not know who came up with the significance of the Miqra first but Herbert Armstrong did preach about these things early to mid last century. His congregation called themselves the Radio Church of God, then Worldwide Church of God when they expanded. Subsequent groups broke off and formed other churches of God but the basic tenets of the Miqra were taught. I received my understanding via The Plain Truth magazine in the 1980s and fellowship with them until the mid-1990s. Those congregations knew very well the the Miqra but stumbled on a few key points which led to WCG eventually "merging" with mainstream Christianity but loosely holding on to the Truth. Meanwhile, some breakaways still keep themselves distant from mainstream Christianity. All they need to know are the true names of the Creator and they will probably come into closer contact with Yahweh than many other non-messianic congregations.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:59:01 AM(UTC)
kp

I didn't write FH in a vacuum. Bitnet and shalom82 are correct in observing that quite a few folks had figured out that the miqrym (though they never called them by that name) had something to do with God's plan of redemption---that they were prophetic, not historic. The Day of Pentcost (Acts 2) is slam dunk obvious, and from there it's easy to see how Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits worked. That's all in our past. A few bright souls had figured out the Yom Teruah/Feast of Trumpets connection with the rapture (the trumpet thing is pretty obvious), but it's amazing how few took the last inevitable steps and pondered what the Day of Atonement and the Feast of Tabernacles might bring. And nobody I consulted was willing to stick out his neck and state with confidence that Yahweh is consistent: that because He brought the first four to pass on the very days of their Levitical mandates, we could count on Him to do the same for the future three miqrym.

I must admit that the millennial milestone epiphany was nowhere to be found in my Christian research sources---it was the 2nd temple era Jewish rabbis, believe it or not, who figured that one out. (They're still trying to figure out what happened to the "Age of Messiah," the third two-millennium period after Chaos and Torah.) The thing that really brought the research together for me was the realization that the Feast of Tabernacles, 2033, falls on a natural Sabbath. Makes you want to slap yourself on the forehead and say, "Of Course! Why didn't I see this before?"

kp
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:23:18 AM(UTC)
bitnet

And for that I am grateful, KP... go ahead and slap your forehead more! ;-) I always knew that the Truth will emerge as the "trees show their age and season" and "the signs appear around us." When I was first given this website to look at, I wondered whether it was preaching Truth or fallacy. I watched and read the posts and looked at the spirit of the writers and the readers. I was still using my journalistic instincts to consider the veracity of what appeared on this site, but I knew deep inside that I had found my brethren because I read what I knew to be true. I also visited several messianic websites and read what they had to say, and what they had to offer. In the end, I decided to move with you folks, because I perceive that you are keen to know Truth, and more importantly, follow Truth. Knowledge without obedience is facile and useless. I do not know if we have exactly everything down pat here but I sense that almost everything is questioned and researched. Nothing is left unturned. And whatever can be refined shall be refined.

If -- when -- we all work together to share this knowledge of Yahweh and His Sacrificial Lamb Yahushua, and the meaning of Life then those who are destined to be called will have a better chance of answering. At the very least we shall leave a legacy for the Laodiceans. Again, I do not presume that all believers are here on this site, and that when we do link up with the others of the Set-Apart Spirit we will have such an impact that people everywhere shall have no doubt about whom we represent and the forthcoming era under His rule.

You know the TV series "The 4400" where alien abductees returned to earth all at once? Imagine the stories they shall write when thousands disappear all at once! So, in the grand scheme of things, it really does not matter who figured it out first today... what matters are who the players now.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:32:02 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I'm glad you stuck around Bit :)

I must say I had a very funny image in my mind of KP writing FH in a science bell jar vacuum... maybe that's just me... lol

ANYWAY - regarding getting all this, when gently showing my mother information regarding most everything I have learnt about whilst here, she openly admitted that she agreed with most of what was said - but that we had to work with what we have got. I think this is another reason why, if the knowledge is there, its either not passed on or thought important, because obviously Yahuweh will fit into our boxes...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...