logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline real  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:43:40 AM(UTC)
real
Man

This is a question to anyone who might know. The Zoroastrians also had 7 festivals, the spring equinox being the most important ( it seems I read on the C W website that the New Year was changed in both name and time) their new year. They called Yahweh ahura mazda (meaning infinatly wise creator) The wise men that came and brought gifts following a star were Magi meaning they were followers of Zartost or Zoroastrians. I can only believe that this had to be devinely inspired or how else do these wise men know the Messiah has been born? Anyone out there have any answers?
Offline J&M  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:47:20 AM(UTC)
J&M

Real - There are connections between the Magi and Daniel, in Babylon, when Daniel became head of Nebuchadnezzar's staff of magicians after intepreting the dream. It is probable that Daniel, to whom had been revealed the timings of Messiah, had left instructions for his sect on the exact information of the birth of Messiah, and that items needed to be delivered including gold.

When Mary and Joseph offered thanks at the temple, they offered two doves - a poor families' offering. The magi bought gold, and probably a substantial amount, collected by Daniel and his followers down through the years.

This gold probably provided for the Messiah for the rest of his life, as well as funding the immediate need of flight to Egypt.

As I understand things, zoroastrians are astrologers not astronomers and there is a very important difference. The heavens are full of signs, set there by YHWH, but they are not there for the purposes of divination, which is astrology. They are there as 'signs and seasons' to enable mankind to understand YHWH's timetable, hence the magi being able to discern the birth of Messiah.