logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Adderley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:27:56 PM(UTC)
Adderley
Man

The Book of Job presents Satan as a prosecutor for God. This is a great departure from the general depiction of Satan as a rebellious angel. The assumption is that Satan is at Yahweh's will, but I highly doubt it. Why is there this disconnect in the Book of Job?
Offline visitor  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 6:34:43 PM(UTC)
visitor

Job was probably the first book written and it sets up the debate between good and evil, Yahweh and Satan, and thus choice extremely well. In Job, we have a dramatic window from which to examine our lives and world.

Job is also remarkably prophetic, especially as it relates to the Messiyah. Further, Job helps us understand the difference between the soul, conscience, and spirit—something that still eludes 99.999% of us.

Offline Jim  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2007 3:02:10 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

He is more an accuser than a prosecutor. His tactics are quite pratical and therefore very effective in reducing the effectiveness of Yahudim. He works to put you in a position/opportunity to disobey then immediately accuses you to see discipline occur. The hope is you will grow a) callused to your sin, b) discouraged by weakness or c) angry with your Father for being disciplined. The goal is continued disobediance reducing the effectiveness of your testimony to the truth both for rebuking deception and explaining salvation.

Fortunately for us, there is grace!
Jim
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:44:47 PM(UTC)
kp

Satan to this day still has the same access to Yahweh's throneroom that he did in Job's lifetime. But that's all about to change. Revelation 12:7-17 relates a vision John had of Satan finally being thrown out of heaven, at which point he makes himself odious here on earth instead. The bad news begins in verse 12: "Therefore rejoice, O heavens [yeah, they're finally rid of him] and you who dwell in them [the raptured saints]." On the other hand, "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea [i.e., Jews and gentiles, respectively]! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time." I'm pretty sure that "short time" is the last half of the Tribulation---approximately three and a half years. My advice: don't be here when that happens.

kp