logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bubsy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:52:29 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I read this article today, and the mechanism described got me thinking this is probably one little additional piece in why Yahowah does not want us associating with politics, especially in combination with a police force that has been to some degree militarized.

Key quote:

I contend if we continue to drift in this direction, becoming more and more obsessed with finding political solutions to our societal failures, the less and less moral, prosperous, and free our society will be. Morality, prosperity, and liberty cannot be fostered at the point of a gun draped in democratic demands. Such things can only come from within the hearts and minds of real, flesh-and-blood individuals on the ground, acting to build family, fellowship, and community based upon enthusiastic individual consent.

Once family, fellowship, and community come to be represented by the government then what is sure to follow is the folly of state power: a permission-based society full of entitled masters and passive serfs where what is true, just, and beautiful takes a back seat to the trappings of state power and those who wield it.

Over-policing rooted in over-reliance on politics
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.