logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline InHisName  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:07:07 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
With Yada's blessing I have published Yada Yah for kindle on Amazon.com The price is set at $1.99, the lowest price allowed for it's file size.

I know many of you have self-published for kindle, I did as well, but I wanted to do this project for a couple of reasons. First is simply to broaden the availability of Yada Yah, second is to improve the functionality and content of my kindle copy.

This book has:
*all Yada Yah content in one file
*an active Table of Contents
*tracks and bookmarks farthest page read
*unlimited bookmarks
*unlimited notes
*text to speech on supported device
*paleo font content (unfortunately does not scale with font size)(some characters also contain some mystery border lines that were not apparent in Word)

For those of you not familiar with Kindle (or similar readers) it is by far the easiest way to read an electronic file, especially one that is this large (newer editions of Microsoft Word provide most of the functionality). Kindle reader apps are free for PC, Android and Apple devices.

As my intent is not to profit from this venture I am happy to email you a copy of the YY file that should be fully functional, but will not have the book cover (which is no big loss). Just PM me with an email address that is on file with Amazon, I will send you the file directly and you can just forward my email from your email account to your kindle account. The book should show up on your registered device in 10 to 15 minutes.

ITG is next.

thanks 4 users thanked InHisName for this useful post.
matt on 6/14/2015(UTC), Theophilus on 6/18/2015(UTC), Richard on 8/5/2015(UTC), Cheeto1030 on 8/19/2015(UTC)
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I was pleased to find this after Yada's mention of it last Shabat show I think. It did cost $1.99, but find the value of having YY made so portable and easy to use. Text to speech is useful for many narrative sections, but find I need to stop and really study the amplified translations, but overall find this very helpful.

Any word on when ITG may be available?

Also will we need to repurchase once the unfinished chapters are added?
Offline pauljw  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:30:36 PM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: InHisName Go to Quoted Post
With Yada's blessing I have published Yada Yah for kindle on Amazon.com The price is set at $1.99, the lowest price allowed for it's file size.

I know many of you have self-published for kindle, I did as well, but I wanted to do this project for a couple of reasons. First is simply to broaden the availability of Yada Yah, second is to improve the functionality and content of my kindle copy.

This book has:
*all Yada Yah content in one file
*an active Table of Contents
*tracks and bookmarks farthest page read
*unlimited bookmarks
*unlimited notes
*text to speech on supported device
*paleo font content (unfortunately does not scale with font size)(some characters also contain some mystery border lines that were not apparent in Word)

For those of you not familiar with Kindle (or similar readers) it is by far the easiest way to read an electronic file, especially one that is this large (newer editions of Microsoft Word provide most of the functionality). Kindle reader apps are free for PC, Android and Apple devices.

As my intent is not to profit from this venture I am happy to email you a copy of the YY file that should be fully functional, but will not have the book cover (which is no big loss). Just PM me with an email address that is on file with Amazon, I will send you the file directly and you can just forward my email from your email account to your kindle account. The book should show up on your registered device in 10 to 15 minutes.

ITG is next.

Thanks so much for this!
Offline InHisName  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 8:25:27 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Originally Posted by: Theophilus Go to Quoted Post
I was pleased to find this after Yada's mention of it last Shabat show I think. It did cost $1.99, but find the value of having YY made so portable and easy to use. Text to speech is useful for many narrative sections, but find I need to stop and really study the amplified translations, but overall find this very helpful.

Any word on when ITG may be available?

Also will we need to repurchase once the unfinished chapters are added?

I agree with you on the ease of use. I read YY 10 years ago on my palm pilot with a free reader app and a self-published file. Thank Yah for phablets, cause my eyes won't read a size 6 font anymore. Hope you enjoy it, let me know of any functionality problems.

Not sure about ITG. Now that I have the process down it shouldn't take too long. It just gets a little tedious replacing all of the ancient fonts. I think I found the solution to the shadow images on the ancient letters, so hopefully I can clean up YY if it works.

I need to check into how book updates work. My assumption was that it would be a free re-download, but I don't think it actually said that. I will repost when I find the answer.
thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Sheree on 6/18/2015(UTC)
Offline Sheree  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 8:56:47 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
well for 2 bucks even I can afford to rebuy when new chapters are added..thank you for doing this
thanks 1 user thanked Sheree for this useful post.
tagim on 8/3/2015(UTC)
Offline InHisName  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:57:42 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Finally! An introduction to God and Questioning Paul are kindle published. My apologies for taking so long in getting this done.

Same deal as Yada Yah, $1.99 gets you a fully functional kindle copy of each title. This is the lowest price Amazon will allow. My royalty is 35% which is $.70 per copy (less for international sales). Amazon pays out royalties when $100 is accrued, so I don't see a dime until about 150 books are sold. With the addition of ITG and QP I may get to the $100 mark and then I will have the problem of figuring out what to do with the money. As with everyone else involved with YY I have no interest in profiting from this, my only intent is to make these books accessible. I am endeared to the format as this is how I first read YY (on a phone app not quite kindle)10 years ago.

As to updates to YY and ITG, IF Yada ever returns to these books I will update them, but at this time that looks doubtful. ITG is missing a couple of planned chapters, but they were to be rewrites of existing YY chapters and so the information is available there.

For those unfamiliar with Kindle, it is an app that allows you to convenienetly read on most electronic devices. Free kindle apps can be downloaded for your computer, tablet or smart phone. Kindle allows you to have the app read the book to you; you can make bookmarks; you can insert notes linked to a passage; it marks and opens to where you left off in your previous session.

Yada Yah An introduction to God Questioning Paul

****JB, could these be added as a new topic in announcements? It gets lost over time here. Thanks****

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:19:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked InHisName for this useful post.
MARSE on 7/30/2016(UTC), James on 8/23/2016(UTC)
Offline Pete_Smith  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:09:24 PM(UTC)
Pete_Smith
United States

Thank you, InHisName! I'm so happy to be able to read these on my Kindle, phone, etc.... much appreciated!
Offline InHisName  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:47:49 PM(UTC)
InHisName

If you really must read from paper, YY, ITG and QP are now available on Amazon in 9”x6” paperback format!

Last summer I finally got a royalty check from Amazon for YY kindle books. That represented roughly 140 kindle versions purchased. I hadn’t checked in on my publisher’s page in a while so this caused me to do so. I was surprised to see that Amazon now has a paperback print on demand service. This service allows me to offer the books in paperback format with no upfront costs. I now have all three books available and have purchased the set for myself. The quality seems to be very good although I admit I have not put them through any strenuous use.

The downside is that because of the size of these books the cost is high. With these paperbacks Amazon did allow me to price the books at cost, so I will make NO royalty on these at all. Pricing is determined mostly by page count. Here is the pricing breakdown:

YY Vol 1.......$15.22
YY Vol 2.......$16.58
YY Vol 3&4.....$14.66
YY Vol 5&6.....$11.36
YY Vol 7.......$13.36
ITG ...........$16.64
QP ............$16.78

I have made these available in print because I don’t think the internet is going to be available forever. If you have an idea on how to effectively distribute these let me know. I’m not sure if they will take them, but I will probably buy a set (with the kindle royalty check) to donate to my local Public library.

YY Vol 1 printITG printQP print
LuAnn on 12/30/2017(UTC), highbrow on 3/3/2018(UTC)
Offline InHisName  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 2:10:11 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Observations For Our Time Volume 1 is now available in 9" x 6" paperback format on Amazon. Price is $16.58 wit NO royalty payment to me. I hope to have the kindle format ready in about a month (requires lots of editing to maintain the Hebrew and Greek fonts), that should be priced at $1.99 the lowest price Amazon will allow.

OFOTv1
thanks 4 users thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Glfnaz on 3/2/2018(UTC), shamar emet on 3/3/2018(UTC), highbrow on 3/3/2018(UTC), MARSE on 3/9/2018(UTC)
Offline MARSE  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 9:39:31 PM(UTC)
MARSE

IHN,
What chapters are included in VOLUME 1, of OBSERVATIONS FOR OUR TIME?
Thanks
RJH
Offline MARSE  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 9:53:11 PM(UTC)
MARSE

Amazon shows the index of VOLUME 1 of OBSERVATIONS FOR OUT TIME, its includes 11 Chapters:

Chapters

01-Fatherly Advice
02-Rescued By Rejecting Religion
03-God Or Government
04-The Right Way
05-The Whore Of Religion
06-Alas Rebellious Nation
07-Out of the Darkness Into the Light
08-Signs Posted Along The Way
09-Look Up And Pay Attention
10-Terms and Conditions
11-Passing The Test

It includes chapter 10 Terms and Conditions which is currently being discussed on the Shabbat blog talk radio show.

Happy Shabbat
RJH
Offline MARSE  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 10:17:52 PM(UTC)
MARSE

Ordered two books from Amazon, QP and OFOT on Friday, and they arrived today. All books are available free online, but I like hardcopies in my hands.

Thanks again for your help
RJH
Offline InHisName  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:41:21 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Originally Posted by: MARSE Go to Quoted Post
but I like hardcopies in my hands.

Yeah, Once my wife said she might read this material if it were in a book format, I knew I had to do it. Hope you enjoy.

Allen
Offline InHisName  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 12:07:44 AM(UTC)
InHisName

I just realized that I received a defective printing of Observations from Amazon.Mad In the middle of the book a few pages were misaligned and were attached to the binding crooked causing them to be loose and pushing the text beyond the edge of the trimmed page (cut off a small amount of text). I just ordered a free replacement copy (to be delivered by the 21st) and printed a free UPS shipping label to return my defective copy (must be returned within 30 days).

If you have found and printing defects and wish to get a new copy the return process was free and very easyBigGrin , just find your book purchase in your Amazon orders and follow the prompts.

While this is the first issue I have found with about 15 YY book orders, please check out your book(s) and let me know if you find any problems. I will address it with Amazon if it defects appear to be frequent.

Thanks
Allen
thanks 3 users thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/19/2018(UTC), MARSE on 4/27/2018(UTC), shamar emet on 5/11/2018(UTC)
Offline Sheraldo  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 12:07:28 PM(UTC)
Sheraldo
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
[img=/Users/sherylstratman/Desktop/IMG_3834.MOV]My family with their books :) [/img]

Thanks for making these books available! I have attempted to try to post a video of my husband and two daughters with our ITG books this past Saturday night :) I was jumping ahead to Observations of Our Times however. Waiting for my hard copy!

Sheryl
Offline InHisName  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:07:51 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Ahead of my promised schedule, Observations For Our Time Kindle Edition is now available on Amazon. BigGrin Also, when finishing the publishing process I was allowed by Amazon to price the book at just $0.99! (They also have a new pricing study (that I didn't bother looking at)which I presume shows that at a lower price point you sell more books.) I really didn't care about the study, was just happy I could drop the price point.Smile

My next step was to return to the other published YY Kindle books and reduce them to $0.99ThumpUp , with the exception of YY ...A Conversation With God which was still had a minimum price of $1.99ThumbDown . (It is really 7 books in one).

Observations V1 Kindle

AMAZON LINK

MARSE on 4/27/2018(UTC), shamar emet on 5/11/2018(UTC)
Offline MARSE  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:56:18 PM(UTC)
MARSE

IHN
I checked my copy of the book, "Observations For Our Time", and found no printing problems. I like to follow along with Yada's Blog Talk radio broadcast, they are
now in Chapter 10, Terms and Conditions, page 638. I'm going to have to buy Volume 2 very soon. Great price, and remember everything is available FREE online.
Thanks for the heads-up.
RJH
thanks 1 user thanked MARSE for this useful post.
shamar emet on 5/11/2018(UTC)
Offline InHisName  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:55:40 PM(UTC)
InHisName

OBSERVATIONS FOR OUR TIME VOLUME 2 PRINT AND EBOOK ARE LIVE ON AMAZON!

Print price came in at $17.92 (over 800 pages)
EBook price is the same low $0.99

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
MARSE on 7/6/2019(UTC)
Offline MARSE  
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:20:35 PM(UTC)
MARSE

UserPostedImage

IHN
Again, I checked my copy of "Observations For Our Time", VOLUME 2, and found no printing problems.
Thanks getting these books printed,
RJH
Offline InHisName  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:42:28 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Thanks MarseBigGrin
Offline MARSE  
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 5:34:03 PM(UTC)
MARSE

Originally Posted by: MARSE Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

IHN
Again, I checked my copy of "Observations For Our Time", VOLUME 2, and found no printing problems.
Thanks getting these books printed,
RJH

Observations For Our Time Kindle Edition is now available on Amazon for only $0.99 - Thanks again for you work in getting these books published.BigGrin
Offline InHisName  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:14:54 AM(UTC)
InHisName

UserPostedImage
I am pleased to announce that the new Written In Stone book that Yada alluded to in the last shabat show is now live on Amazon.

This is an excerpt of the Volume 5 Mitswa portion of the already published Introduction To God. My intention for this book was for it to be used as a relatively inexpensive handout to friends and family who are searching to find God. The well known text of the Ten Commandments is a perfect the perfect subject matter to spotlight Yada's work and the truth hidden by the traditional versions of God's Word.

Truthfully, I was blown away as I read Yada's rewrite of this translation. I haven't experienced this hunger to read Yah's Words since I first found Yada Yah so many ears ago. I know Yada is planning to update the ITG website, but hopefully JB will be able to add this text to his site sooner, so you can experience it yourself.

For those who want a personal printed copy or more to share, they are available today on Amazon. As always the books are priced at Amazon's minimum, which means there is no royalty payment to me or Yada. Only Amazon makes money on these books. I hope to have the kindle version ready by next week, which should retail at $0.99 (also Amazon's minimum).

An Introduction To God, Observation Vol 1 and Observation Vol 2 print versions are all recently updated with large (ITG Vol 5) and smaller revisions (OFOT Vol 1&2). Ebook revisions will follow by the end of August.