logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sheraldo  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 12:28:48 PM(UTC)
Sheraldo
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All,

My family anticipating these 3 upcoming Invitations to meet God! It looks like this year they are overlapping the pagan dates unfortunately? What are the days the rest of you plan on meeting this year? Any input helpful as this will be our first time to meet. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sheryl
Offline Glfnaz  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:20:42 PM(UTC)
Glfnaz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I always stumble over this as well. I believe Passover begins at sunset Friday. For mme that makes it observable all day Saturday until sunset. So for me it will be Sat / Sun / Mon as the observable days. Anyone else?
thanks 1 user thanked Glfnaz for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/21/2018(UTC)
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7:41:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Astronomically speaking the moon was .1107% visible on Saturday the 17th. Saturday the 18th it was 1.5074% visable. Personally I could not see it at all on the 17th, but could see the sliver on the 18th. I like to go with Observational method because I can use it as a way to activly teach my daughter about Yahowah's plan, we can go out and look for the moon together and as she grows discuss why and what it means. So with that in mind for me Pesach will begin as the sun sets on Saturday March the 31st. I will prepare and cook my lamb Sunday afternoon and eat it as the sun sets bringing in Matsah.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 2 users thanked James for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/21/2018(UTC), MARSE on 3/24/2018(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:42:37 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
As this is my first occasion to respond and to meet with Yah for the the first three Miqray events of Pesach, Matsah and Bikuwrym, I intended to follow with the Miqray dates given in the calendar in Yada Yah Miqray pages for 2018 on our pagan calendar, but recognizing that these are dates and instructions from Yah based on His calendar timing.

I have a few questions based on observations and surround overcast conditions where you cannot even see the moon. What would you do in this case? I would tend to think that if this is so, then via internet sites available, you can determine observational methods by referring to observations from Yarusalem, as opposed to any other point on our planet!

I view the pre set calculations as a general guide as showing the very near and approximate timing, which is verified by observing the flax and Barley of Abib in Yarusalem. Perhas Barley is grown here in Thailand? but not near to where I live and I have not seen flax flowers here, so I have to rely on what can be observed in Yarusalim for timing and that is only available via the internet!

Since I have understood that this is a personal thing each of us has to work out ourselves, we still have the pre set calculations worked out to fall back on if the personal observation is not possible! I also understand that we do have some wiggle room, but should make every effort to observe the correct times by studying the events in the Towrah at the original passover when the Yisra'elites exited from Mitzraym! If all else fails, we can fall back on the pre set calculations and will be within 1 day of the correct timng!

I look forward to your helpful comments!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Stewart that chapter is probably the single best resource for determining the timing on the miqray.

As for when conditions are such that you can not see the moon, I am sure this is something that Yisra'el had to deal with from time to time. They like us knew how long the moon cycle lasted, and could calculate based on that when the Months would begin, and so can we.

Personally I watch for the renewal of light on the moon, if the conditions are right, and I know about when to start looking based on the dates given in the Miqra'ey chapter. If the conditions are not right I look at the information in there and take into account all the factors from precent visible to time visible and determine which of the two possible days I think is more accurate. The last couple years the astronmical date had a less than 1% visible moon for an extremely short time, so I opted to go with the observational, and it corresponeded to when I was able to see the moon.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Stewart James  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:35:36 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thank you James. I searched out this website a while ago and it seems to fit with your observation of the full moon on the 31st at 19.36 over Thailand. So with all I have learned so far, it seems to me that this is the best timing that I can find!

Therefore combined with your experience and my study of Yada Yah and Towrah based instruction, I will also keep this date as Passover and follow up with Matsah and Bikuwrym!

Please let me know your opinion on this site?

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:41:44 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I often look at the Farmer's Almanac site for when we would get the new moon to start Abib/Nisan, and count from that day to determine Passover, Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits. I do try to see if I can spot the first light on the moon to confirm the first day of the month as Yahowah reckons it, but living in a suburban area, it's not easy to spot. I think I did manage to spot the first light on the new moon for Passover last year, however, from the top of a hill in a park near where I live. I had to wait until the sky darkened before there was enough contrast for me to see it, but I think I did spot the moon with a little bit of light on it before it set. This year, it was cloudy at sunset when I looked for the new light on the moon, so with the moon supposed to be 2% lit on the 18th, I figure I could have seen that had it been clear. It's also possible that with the new moon having occurred at 6:14 a.m. Pacific on the 17th, light may have been visible at sunset that day, making the 31st the 14th day of the lunar month. I often reckon the day of the full moon to be the 14th day of the lunar month, which also points to the 31st for me. I notice that next year, we'll have two possibilities, with full moons on March 20 and April 19. In such years, most of the time the later occurrence seems to be regarded as the Passover moon. Or we could celebrate it twice.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.