logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewart James  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:40:43 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
While reading ITG 04 Covenent page 31 I came across 2x widely different translations of Bare’syth / In the Beginning / Genesis 15:6

One is from Yada Yah and the other family translation. The family translation was sent to me!

I need verification of which is more correct if you can help please?

In the absence of any further enlightenment, I will go with the Yada Yah translation of course.

Please find both in my Google driv doc here below!

https://drive.google.com...V2JxX3c/view?usp=sharing
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 1:46:35 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Stewart, looking at it, it looks like the one is the translation found in my Ba'reshiyth translation. And looking at my notes it was actually Yada's translation. My translation began as just filling in the verses Yada hadn't done yet, eventually I started retranslting them myself, but in this case this was how Criag had translated it at the time. It would seem he has since revisited the verse and modified it based on his new knowledge of the Hebrew language.

Looking at it myself, I find the second to be more accurate to the words, though the first is not wrong, or even an inaccurate statment.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:17:52 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thank you James, I am still questioning who imputes innocence and righteousness or just and right to whom? On the one hand it seems Yada Yah translation Yahowah imputes this to Abraham, on the other it seems Abraham imputes that to Yahowah, which surely cannot be the case! They cannot both be correct!

And (wa) he completely trusted in and totally relied upon (‘aman ba – he displayed complete and total confidence in) Yahowah (this clearly was Abraham) and so (wa), based upon this thinking and His plan, He credited and accounted (chashab – He decided, based upon this consideration, to impute) innocence and righteousness (tsadaqah – being right, just, and vindicated) to him (law).” (Yahowah to Abraham)

And he considered and determined (hasab - thought, reasoned, judged, and regarded) Yahowah to be reliable and trustworthy (‘aman - dependable), just and right (tsadaqah - a truthful, vindicating savior). This is Abraham trusting Yahowah!

I am still confused with these variants!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 7:49:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Both are true, Abarham determined and recognized that Yahowah is reliable and trustworthy, just and right. It does not say that Abraham caused Yahowah to be just and right, only that he determined that He was. Yahowah is just and right, but rather or not we examine the evidence and come to that determination is a world of difference. Abraham like us examined the evidence and determined that Yahowah was just and right.

At the same time because Abraham completely trusted and relied upon Yahowah, Yahowah accounted Abraham as innocent and righteous.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
Arno on 12/6/2017(UTC)