logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Vincent Edward  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:07:21 PM(UTC)
Vincent Edward
United States

My apologizes in advance for not frequenting the forums as much as i could be, spending too much time on facebooks as most of you here know, and i had this question i posted there and will ask here because i recall somewhere while reading through all the material here YY, ITG, QP - everything I could get my hands on leading me out of all thing babylon (religion and politics) so i can embrace Yahowah in be'rythy while walking hand in hand with Him in through and byway of Torah (btw, i have to serious get serious about getting my hand on one, if not two (and perhaps 3) hardcopies of the YY books) alone as Yah's provision provided for our reconciliation - that coupled with our understanding as we all know all to well now....

why does YY translated Shemowth/exodus 24:1, the word he uses for worship being "chawah" whereas when i looked at the DSS and the http://biblehub.com/interlinear/exodus/24.htm has "shachah", and while also reviewing http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...a'-Seven_Sevens.YHWH in my preparing myself to celebrate Shabuwa on 11th (Sat) with the sunset here, the DSS has Eleasar and Ithamar (siding with the 70 elders over and against the five handpicked by Yah to go up and celebrating a meal/perhaps-precursor of Shabuwa celebration)? will go and ask at the forums, perhaps it has already been answered, perhaps James and/or Yada can let me know, again why he left out Aaron's two sons in his translation and that they sided with the 70, as well as why he uses a different word than what the masoretic text i am using which has "shachah" whereas Yada's using "chawah"? Thanks in advance....

thanks again, for any and all help:

“And then (wa) God (‘el) said to (‘amar) Moseh (Moseh – one who draws
out), be lifted up (‘alah – ascend and rise up) to (‘el) Yahowah (), you
(‘athah), ‘Aharown (‘aharown – one who brings light and choice (i.e., informed
freewill), Nadab (nadab – one who volunteers, giving freely), and ‘Abyhuw’
(‘abyhuw’ – from huw’, he and his, and ‘ab, father) {DSS and MT include Ithamar and Eleazar siding with the 70]}. But (wa) the seventy
(shibi’ym) from (min) the elders (zaqen – old people) of Yisra’el (yisra’el –
individuals who strive with God), you will choose to act independently,
influencing yourselves with your interpretations and verbal communication
(chawah – you will be informed and make your pronouncements (hishtafel perfect
consecutive)) from (min) a distance (rahowq – from afar, distanced and
removed, separated and alienated, being absent and remote).” (Shemowth / Names
/ Exodus 24:1)
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:00:58 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vincent Edward Go to Quoted Post
why does YY translated Shemowth/exodus 24:1, the word he uses for worship being "chawah" whereas when i looked at the DSS and the http://biblehub.com/interlinear/exodus/24.htm has "shachah"

What DSS are you using? Because according to the DSS Bible the only difference is the MT does not include Eleazar and Ithamar in the list. Otherwise the verse is the same in both.

Both Logos and biblehub agree that the word is the same, it seems that they break down in what the root of the word is, with Logos saying chawah and biblehub saying shachah. I do not know enough Hebrew grammar to conjugate the word myself, and rely heavily on Logos breakdown. Yada may know better, and you might ask him. I’ve checked Logos using multiple different bibles and interlinear as the basis and they all agree that chawah is the root. So Yada may have done the work himself to determine that chawah was the root, or he may be just relying on Logos I don’t know.

Vincent Edward wrote:
the DSS has Eleasar and Ithamar (siding with the 70 elders over and against the five handpicked by Yah to go up and celebrating a meal/perhaps-precursor of Shabuwa celebration)?

The DSS Bible that I have says nothing about them siding with the elders, at least not in the 24th chapter. They are mentioned in the 1st and 9th verse in addition to the others named, but otherwise nothing more is said of them. If you could clarify exactly when the DSS has them siding with the 70 against Moshe I may be of more help, and also what source you are using for your DSS information.

The DSS Bible I use is the Abegg, Flint and Ulrich translation with commentary.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand