logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:39:13 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I went to Wikipedia just now, and out of curiousity typed in Yeshua. It came up and gave some relevant information and Aramaic and Hebrew and the pre exilic and post exilic period and Joshua and all of that. The kept on relating how Joshua's name was Yehoshua. (Y'ho-shuw-ah), and that could be a possible canidate for the name of the Messiah. There was at least one encouraging tidbit of information. If I remember right, the article did admit that by the time of the Messiah, Yod-Heh-Waw-Shin-Ayin had come back into use...back from the post exilic Yashua. So in interest I typed in Yahushua. Bam!...It took me immediately to Joshua. I wasn't even refered to a page that said no topic existed or to a page that listed topics in order of relevency. It went straight to the Joshua page and in doing so admitted that Yahushua is AT LEAST a possible rendering of Yod Heh Waw Shin Ayin. If you read the page there is not one mentioning of Yahushua. There is not a discussion on the possible pronounciation being Yahushua or even a mockery of people who believe that Yahushua is the correct rendering as is done on the Yahshua page. It simply doesn't exist. It's suggested as Joshua, Jeho shuah, Yehoshua or Y'hoshuah....or whatever. That is as of course suspicious. If it took me to a page that said no such topic existed I would reluctantly be able to chalk it up to ignorance or indifference. But seeing as how Wikipedia DIRECTLY took me to Joshua, I believe they know what they are doing. Obviously the name Yahushua has hit a nerve somewhere in wikipedia's operations. Somebody doesn't take too kindly to that name. If you think about there's just another reason to use Yahushua. Those who rage against Yahuweh and his Messiah hate that name.

Edit: I didn't want to accuse wikipedia of anything dodgy so I went back an double checked even though in actuality it was more like my 7th or 8th check. I happily aknowledge in the "Yeshua" article that their is a very brief reference to Yahu. I am only happy because it was at least mentioned. Other than that there is not much to be happy about. Here is the snippet:

The name Yehoshua has the form of a compound of "Yeho-" and "shua": Yeho- יְהוֹ is another form of יָהוּ Yahu, a theophoric element standing for the personal name of God YHWH, and שׁוּעַ shua is a noun

That's it. That is the only reference in that article to Yahu. Oh, yeah...Yeho....completely legitimate "form"...just like the 72 names of Yahuweh....utter trash. The rest of it goes on discussing Yeho and how to pronounce that corruption and doesn't even offer once that perhaps....just maybe....Yahu is the true pronounciation in all Yahwistic names that have Yod Heh Waw.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.