logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:06:34 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just saw this on CNN and wondered if anybody else had? The poor woman faces up to 40 lashes for her "crime."

You can read the article here.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:04:37 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Any excuse to punish a non-muslim. I would not be surprised if many muslim children have teddy bears named Muhammed. It is the most common name in the world, unfortunantly. Since the children named the bear, they must have chosen that name out of some sort of honor or respect for Muhammed, and while they are saddly mistaken that he deserves that, their intent is what should matter to the government there, and thus, even by their ridiculous law, there are no grounds to punish this woman.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:24:41 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sod it, give em all 40 lashes...

It just shows how much of a dumb religion Islam is.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
kp

I think Muhammad is a great name for a teddy bear. I mean, they're fuzzy headed, they've got brown noses, and they just sit around all day letting immature people carry them.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:17:35 PM(UTC)
kp

...just waiting for little girls to pick them up.
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:10:47 PM(UTC)
Yada

The woman has now been formally charged with, "Offending Religion." You can watch a string of short video reports from CNN about "The Teddy Bear Blasphemy" here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:54:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

kp wrote:
...just waiting for little girls to pick them up.

Oh dear ken... LOL
Offline Juski  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:48:42 AM(UTC)
Juski

kp- you should do stand up dude -you are so funny! Love it! :)
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:46:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

The Sudanese court has just found Gillian Gibbons guilty of "offending religion" and sentenced her to 15 days in prison. After that, she faces deportation. However, to quote from the story:

Quote:
Gibbons was not convicted of two other charges brought against her -- inciting hatred and showing contempt for religious beliefs, her lawyer said.

You can watch the latest developments in the case here.

You can read the article from CNN here.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:10:08 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I hope this shows people how crazy Islam is.
Offline EI  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:12:15 PM(UTC)
EI

Three letters, one word - S A D

I could go on but I know that most if not all of you understand the implications of this, what may seem to some minuscule event. I pray that all of you are preparing yourselves. Please pray that I too, stay diligent and run the race with endurance. In Yahushua

YHWH Bless
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 6:14:05 AM(UTC)
Yada

The latest report from CNN carries this headline: "Sudan protesters: Execute teacher"

From the opening paragraphs:

Quote:
About 600 Islamic demonstrators piled out of mosques, chanting: "By soul, by blood, I will fight for the Prophet Mohammed." Some of the protesters demanded the teacher's execution, according to The Associated Press.

The agency reports that some chanted: "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

You can find the latest article here.

You can watch the latest video report from CNN here.

Offline gammafighter  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 9:11:03 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Wow. Open your eyes world.
Offline kp  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 11:27:26 AM(UTC)
kp

Apparently, all a sane person has to do to "incite hatred and show contempt for religious beliefs" in dar al-islam is get up in the morning. This should be a sobering wake up call for every non-muslim contract worker in the Middle East.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 1:34:53 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

kp wrote:
Apparently, all a sane person has to do to "incite hatred and show contempt for religious beliefs" in dar al-islam is get up in the morning. This should be a sobering wake up call for every non-muslim contract worker in the Middle East.

kp

I hope so!
Offline CK  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 7:31:02 PM(UTC)
CK

Please. What next? They throw Yah's name around like a basketball, and then get their briefs in a bunch over a 'generic' name given to a teddy bear? The world is in deed very small. Small, small, small, in deed. Small world. Small mind. (I will pray for the accused. I will pray for her enemy also.)

CK
Offline J&M  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 7:43:23 AM(UTC)
J&M

Sharia law is administered by 'judges' who listen to the case and alah then tells them the rights and wrongs of it. There is no 'statute law' as we would understand it, so even to use words like law and justice is meaningless. Opinion (personal bias), religious shiboleth and (political) convenience would be better descriptions.

We must remember that in the ME, everything is done for the local audience, not for the US/UK public. so the motivation behind this will be to demonstrate once more how strong 'Islam' is compared to the wishy washy appeasement culture of the west. There will be no visible reaction from the UK Gov. and thus the Sudanese are shown that the British (who defeated the mahdi at Obdurman (Sudan 1890's)) are now so weak and decadent that they cannot defend a middle aged woman in an obviously trumped up and orchestrated show trial. This is the enemy sharpening his claws and getting ready to strike.....

Offline gammafighter  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 8:50:19 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

My church believes in a nameless God whose only prophet was Teddy Roosevelt. Anyone who owns, manufactures, or sells a teddy bear should be killed because they are disrespecting my religion.
(not actually true...)
Would they get mad if the bear's name was Jesus, Moses, Alexander, David, Abraham, or their Hebrew counterparts? No, of course not. But in Islam, these men are prophets just like Mohammad. It's almost as if they worship him. As though the identity of Allah were somehow connected to the man Mohammad.
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 9:50:35 AM(UTC)
Yada

TIME magazine is also covering the story. You can read the latest article which includes side-by-side mug shots of both Ms. Gibbons and the offending bear in question here.

Edited by user Saturday, December 1, 2007 2:28:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Light1  
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 2:00:18 PM(UTC)
Light1
Man

If they behead this girl, we should behead any muslim in our country who says their religion means 'peace'. It's only fair! :D

Quote:
We have now named our Toilet Muhammed.

AMEN!
Offline Yada  
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 4:52:49 AM(UTC)
Yada

CNN has a link to the school web site where Ms. Gibbons taught. You can view it here.

Offline Yada  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 3:02:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Ms. Gibbons was on a flight home today. Quoting from CNN:

Quote:
"I have great respect for the Islamic religion and would not knowingly offend anyone, and I am sorry if I caused any distress," Gibbons said in a statement read by Sayeeda Warsi, one of two Muslim lawmakers who traveled to Sudan to secure her release.

hmm...I wonder if she had any help in drafting this statement? It would seem, as evidenced by the nature of the charges brought against her and subsequent imprisonment, that the Islamic religion had a great deal of respect for her as well.

You can find the complete article here.
Offline EI  
#23 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 3:20:45 PM(UTC)
EI

Swalchy wrote:
We have now named our Toilet Muhammed.

A much better thing to be named Muhammed.

Hello Swalchy,

I hope all is well. I know you did not mean to be Condescending to any possible Muslim that may drop by but I believe that we should be careful about the remarks that we make just in case a Muslim happens to drop by here.

I guess I figure that if they drop by to actually look around that maybe they are intellectual and would want to discuss and I would not want them to leave without possible dialogue.

I am familiar with you Swalch, and I know that you have been called to do great things by Yahuweh. Love you and Love your website. Love you and Yahuweh Bless My Brother.

Yahuweh, My Father in Heaven;
Please Be With Me, Guide Me, and Keep Me Always Relying on You, Denying Myself, and continually Following You Were Ever That Path Takes Me! Arm Me Daily so I May Stand And Fight the Good Fight, Love Those That Do Evil, But Hate Their Deeds! Help Me To Speak Out With Patience, Kindness, Boldness - Exposing Falsehood and Spreading Your Truth - No Matter What The Cost May Be!

In Yahushua's Name

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:25:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline James  
#24 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 7:51:20 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I heard today that someone has started CAIR Bears named after good ol' Mo. I want to get one for everyone I know, and then mail a few to Muslim countries.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline coleridge  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 12:18:47 PM(UTC)
coleridge

wow.... and wow again.
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar