logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FredSnell  
#51 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 6:24:58 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
pilgrimhere wrote:
I’m a little confused now that it’s the last day of UB. Sure wish I’d been clear on this sooner. Is today (Thursday the 12th) a work day or not? I recall cgb2’s post on the matter but am uncertain as I look between Exodus and Leviticus references. If the first and last days are to be observed with celebrations and no work, are those days Passover (April 6th daytime) and 7 days later (April 13th) or on the seventh day from Passover (April 12)? Or is the first day of UB a no-work day instead of Passover?
I’m not trying to be a stickler for rules ... on the contrary, I am growing more excited about towrah as I am able to comprehend it. I look forward to the coming years and enjoying the appointments all the more without having to figure it out as I go.

Thanks to all of you!

I here you ph, it's a learning process foresure. I mess up over and over b/c I get caught up at times in the dailey grind and without thinking make mistakes. Like I was telling a brother over the phone, I was talking to a person at the front of his truck and as I was speaking with him about these days, this guy was eating pretzels. He tips the bag towards me to share and without thinking I reach in and grab a handful and start munching away. About 5 pretzels in it hits me as I'm telling him how we observe these days. So it became a learning tool for him and i right then. If I could be perfect though, it would be simpler. But of course I'm imperfect and need Fathers help. Few other times a customer would say as they were either hanging the phone up or leaving the shop and give the ole, "h, easter" and without much thinking I would say, "thanks" before catching myself, when in most cases I explain it's a pagan ritual that most people don't even realize they are practicing. So I guess I'm getting around to, it's a celebration that in time you learn more and more of.
As far as my family goes, we view Passover as our first day of UB and count 7. Am I right? Others have said,"yes" and others, "no." I do know this, God paid for my errant ways as I walk towards Him and learn. Learn how to walk. I view His man/afestaion on earth/His Son/Word, just a very small amount of His power that showed us, with these few drops of His blood on the Mercy Seat provided for the sins of all mankind. Do they all care to journey through the door He showed us, not many, as I help people learn from what I know. But some do care and start the journey. I love it when ppl tell me, "I have been looking and reading." And that's what I want from those I talk with. Just seek/knock and you'll get an answer.
Offline lassie1865  
#52 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 7:33:44 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Is 'leaven' restricted to just yeast used for breadmaking? There is yeast in wine, too. Is baking soda or baking powder forbidden? We used La Tortilla Factory corn tortillas (with a little wheat gluten added) this year for our unleavened bread; they were very good.
Offline Mike  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:46:36 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Yeast or “leaven” is a living micro-organism classified as a fungi. Saccharomyces exiguus is the wild yeast usually in sourdough starter. This strain is probably what the Israelites had 3500 years ago.

Baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) and baking powder are non-living chemicals that “leaven” by producing carbon dioxide gas by way of a chemical reaction.

I personally don't consider the chemical “leavening” agents as forbidden. They weren't available until about 1800 CE, the Israelites didn't have these chemicals 3500 years ago and the metaphor of sin wouldn't be the same. With the chemical leavening agents once the chemical reaction is over, it's over, no more carbon dioxide. Whereas with yeast, you can add just a little bit to the dough and it will grow and multiply (producing carbon dioxide as a byproduct) as long as there is enough food for it.

As for wine, when the alcohol content reaches around 12% the yeast die.

Shalom
Offline Richard  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:21:33 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you for that information, Michael. I find it useful and appreciate your sharing it.
Offline knowing1  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:16:03 PM(UTC)
knowing1

Hi everyone!

Well it is that time of the year again. I am looking forward to celebrating Yah's Pesach feast this year differently.

In past years I would conduct the ritualistic "seder" dinner with mindless regurgitation of religious nonsense. This year I would like to throw out all that nonsense and read Shemot to the group. No b'ruchas, no yarmalkahs, no haggadahs, no nonsense. Just a group of family and friends, good food, good wine and Yah's Word.

Question: Is there a edited complete version of Shemot, that just has the translations with out the editorials?

Thanks everyone!

Offline Richard  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:29:45 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

knowing1 wrote:
Is there a edited complete version of Shemot, that just has the translations with out the editorials?

Sounds like an excellent do-it-yourself opportunity for the sincere seeker.
Offline knowing1  
#57 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:57:26 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Thanks FF!

Yes indeed. Just need to figure out how to keep all interested and engaged.

Yah blesses those who know...
Offline Seeker101  
#58 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 7:56:16 AM(UTC)
Seeker101

Found this link that has some interesting information on Passover: Passover Series

Seems to answer a lot of questions regarding the Passover practice of the early followers of the messiah.
Offline knowing1  
#59 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:37:19 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Well I am looking forward to sharing Yah's Word, and the Torah true meaning of the festivals of Pesach, Matzah and Bikkurim this year at the Pesach dinner (formerly a rabbinic construction known as a "seder")!

I believe I will start the festivities with all sitting around the dinner table and going through Yada Yahweh sections (I am planning on condensing my own version) regarding the significance to Yah of His path to Him. I figured we would talk, eat, drink, talk some more, get all engaged in conversation!

I know most will not feel comfortable not doing the religious rubbish, but this is so important. I can not unknow what I have come to understand and respond to!

It is truly a blessing from Yah to be able to see things for what they are!

Shabbat Shalom all!
Offline dajstill  
#60 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:23:28 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
knowing1 wrote:
Well I am looking forward to sharing Yah's Word, and the Torah true meaning of the festivals of Pesach, Matzah and Bikkurim this year at the Pesach dinner (formerly a rabbinic construction known as a "seder")!

I believe I will start the festivities with all sitting around the dinner table and going through Yada Yahweh sections (I am planning on condensing my own version) regarding the significance to Yah of His path to Him. I figured we would talk, eat, drink, talk some more, get all engaged in conversation!

I know most will not feel comfortable not doing the religious rubbish, but this is so important. I can not unknow what I have come to understand and respond to!

It is truly a blessing from Yah to be able to see things for what they are!

Shabbat Shalom all!

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. It will just be us (I think) and we tend to focus our activities around teaching the children the meaning of the Feasts. We have dinner and the children get pretty excited about going into Unleavened Bread because they love matzah! We usually buy some as well as try our hand at making it. Right now, all of our attempts have not turned out well, but the children enjoy it nonetheless.
Offline knowing1  
#61 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:43:54 PM(UTC)
knowing1

I anticipate an "interesting" time this year, dajstill.

Like I said, it will be quite difficult for those who feel obligated by tradition to not do the things they have been conditioned to do all these years, even though they are not at all orthodox "religious"!

All I can do is present Yah's Word and let them decide for themselves. This is what we all must do.

That is too bad that you guys do not have any one to celebrate the Pesach and Feast of Unleavened Bread with. I am not quite sure if you have Matzos available to purchase where you live. If you would like, I can send you some!

knowing1

Offline cgb2  
#62 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 2:43:38 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Upcoming P/UB/FF bump...
Sundown Tuesday 3/26? ...If the barley abib 3/12.
Offline Mike  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:15:49 PM(UTC)
Mike

I saw the new moon sliver tonight. But I don't know if the barley is abib. The web site in Israel that I looked at said that it was not. So today may be the first of the 13 month. "Leap year". Does anyone else know if the barley is abib?

Exo 13:3 And Mosheh said to the people, Remember this day in which you went out of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery. For by strength of hand יהוה brought you out of this place, and whatever is leavened shall not be eaten.
Exo 13:4 Today you are going out, in the month Abib.
Exo 13:5 And it shall be, when יהוה brings you into the land of the Kenaʽanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hiwwites, and the Yebusites, which He swore to your fathers to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey, that you shall keep this service in this month.
Exo 13:6 Seven days you eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day is a festival to יהוה.
Exo 13:7 Unleavened bread is to be eaten the seven days, and whatever is leavened is not to be seen with you, and leaven is not to be seen with you within all your border.
Exo 13:8 And you shall inform your son in that day, saying, It is because of what יהוה did for me when I came up from Mitsrayim.
Exo 13:9 And it shall be as a sign to you on your hand and as a reminder between your eyes, that the Torah of יהוה is to be in your mouth, for with a strong hand יהוה has brought you out of Mitsrayim.
Exo 13:10 And you shall guard this law at its appointed time from year to year.

Exo 23:15 Guard the Festival of Unleavened Bread. Seven days you eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the time appointed in the month of Abib? for in it you came out of Mitsrayim ? and do not appear before Me empty-handed;
Exo 23:16 and the Festival of the Harvest, the first-fruits of your labours which you have sown in the field; and the Festival of the Ingathering at the outgoing of the year, when you have gathered in the fruit of your labours from the field.
Exo 23:17 Three times in the year all your males are to appear before the Master יהוה.

Exo 34:18 Guard the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days you eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, in the appointed time of the month of Abib, because in the month of Abib you came out from Mitsrayim.

Deu 16:1 ¡°Guard the month of Aḇiḇ, and perform the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, for in the month of Aḇiḇ יהוה your Elohim brought you out of Mitsrayim by night.
Deu 16:2 And you shall slaughter the Passover to יהוה your Elohim, from the flock and the herd, in the place where יהוה chooses to put His Name.
Deu 16:3 Eat no leavened bread with it. For seven days you eat unleavened bread with it, bread of affliction, because you came out of the land of Mitsrayim in haste ? so that you remember the day in which you came out of the land of Mitsrayim, all the days of your life.
Deu 16:4 And no leaven should be seen with you in all your border for seven days, neither should any of the meat which you slaughter in the evening on the first day stay all night until morning.

Shalom
Offline Mike  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:39:19 PM(UTC)
Mike

I just noticed something else.

H24
אביב
'âbı̂yb
BDB Definition:
1) fresh, young barley ears, barley
2) month of ear-forming, of greening of crop, of growing green Abib, month of exodus and passover (March or April)
Part of Speech: noun masculine

H24
אביב
'âbı̂yb
aw-beeb'
From an unused root (meaning to be tender); green, that is a young ear of grain; hence the name of the month Abib or Nisan: - Abib, ear, green ears of corn.

In ancient Hebrew the symbolism is aleph-beyt-yod-beyt (Rams head – house,tent – forearm reaching down – house, tent). Strength of the house reaching down to the house.

Shalom
Offline Sarah  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:59:32 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
According to the email I received from Nehmiah Gordon, the barley is certainly abib. So, tonight we are celebrating the New Year!

Offline cgb2  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:49:48 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Had clouds in the west earlier tonight, and admittedly should have checked later around 7:45-moonset, so didn't observe but looks like:
http://www.timeanddate.c....html?obj=moon&n=398

CoSpgs
Date Moonrise Moonset Time Altitude Distance Illuminated Phase
Mar 12, 2013 7:24 AM 8:21 PM 1:48 PM 55.3° 239,419 1.2%
Mar 13, 2013 7:56 AM 9:22 PM 2:36 PM 59.7° 242,202 4.6%

Moon set here was well after dark and 1.2% would be visible if really clear.
Looks like I'll move things up a day.

Seems plenty of witnesses:
http://www.truthofyahweh.org/moon.htm

Edited by user Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:46:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarify

Offline cgb2  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:13:33 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Hmmm, this article seemed to make a good point, and lessened the confusion if P/UB 7 or 8 days:
http://www.karaite-korner.org/passover.shtml

Passover and Unleavened Bread

These days one hears much about the "Holiday" of Passover and even we Karaites refer to it often. But in the Hebrew Bible there is no such holiday! In the Tanach "Passover" is the name of a sacrifice, while the holiday is called Hag HaMatzot ("Feast of Unleavened Bread"). Thus in the verse: "Draw out and take a lamb according to your families, and slaughter (KJV: kill) the passover." (Ex 12,21). In this verse the "Passover" is the lamb that is to be sacrificed by slaughtering and eating it. Similarly in Ex 12,26-27: "...when your children shall say to you, What mean ye by this service? And you shall say, It is the sacrifice of YHWH's passover". The service of slaughtering the lamb and eating it is called "the sacrifice of YHWH's passover". This is also the meaning of Passover in the verse: "In the fourteenth day of the first month between the two evenings is YHWH's passover" (Lev 23,5). And again in Dt 16,1: "Observe the month of the Abib, and perform the passover unto YHWH your God". To "perform" or "keep" the Passover (in Hebrew literally "do the Passover") means to bring the Passover sacrifice and eat it. It is only in post-Biblical times that the word Passover took on the new meaning of referring to the Holiday on which the sacrifice was eaten and not to the sacrifice itself. Today we often hear of the "Passover Holiday" and "Hag Ha-Pessach" both of which are post-Biblical inventions. In the Tanach the Holiday is called Hag HaMatzot which means: "Feast of Unleavened Bread".

Offline Sarah  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:33:35 AM(UTC)
Sarah

I was just thinking:

Since there were so many lambs to sacrifice on a Passover (230,000 -- so I hear) it would take way too much time to sacrifice all the lambs on the same "14th day."

Since the first day of the first month is difficult to determine, I suppose the sacrificing began at sundown (the very beginning of the 14th day from the dark moon) and would have continued for two or three days. I suppose folks would prepare and eat their lamb on the day it was sacrificed; therefore, there would be three different Passover meals being celebrated in Jerusalem. That may be one reason why the written accounts of Pesach/UB, 33 CE, seem to be confusing as to which day they are talking about.

Then, what did they do about the 1st day of UB? Did each family celebrate it on the 1st day, or the 2nd day, or the 3rd day?

??????
Offline knowing1  
#69 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:00:49 AM(UTC)
knowing1

It's difficult to not get caught up in the timing of the days and hours and such. This happens to me every year as I contemplate when the "true" Pesach and Matzah begin! But then I realize that the exact time/date is not nearly as important as the true meaning of the Pesach sacrifice and how to participate; Accepting what Yah did for us through the sacrifice of the Massayah Yaowshah, that the doorway to life was provided by His sacrifice. And, Yah's meaning of Matzah; That it represents removal of sin from our souls, perfecting us for being part of His Family; That by consuming Matzah we are to be reminded that this represents the uncorrupting nourishment provided only through the Towrah, The Bread of Life, manifested physically through The Massayah Yaowshah!

Just by considering and discussing Yah's Towrah and HIS Mow'ed Miqray we come to understand the "why" and thus puts us into the proper time and date references, thereby resolving the question as to "when"!

Again, the exact dates and times are not as nearly as critical as the true meaning! We who consider Yah's Towrah know the time of the year, meaning and purpose of the Mo'ed Miqray!!

Isn't knowing wonderful!!!

Yah Blesses those who Know Him....
Offline Mike  
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:35:47 PM(UTC)
Mike

Sarah,

Where did you get the number 230,000 lambs were sacrificed? What was the population of Jerusalem during Pesach? Josephus claimed 256,500 lambs and 3 million people but I don’t know which year. This number is probably highly exaggerated.

This website talks about this subject.

http://www.keithhunt.com/Lambmany.html

One year old lambs in the USA weight about 100 pounds live weight. There is about 35 pounds of meat on a 100 pound lamb. 230,000 x 35 pounds = 8,050,000 pounds. This means that each person (of the 3 million) would have had 2.68 pounds of meat to eat. So either everyone, including women and children, was a glutton or the number is highly exaggerated.

http://www.okesfamilyfarms.com/Services.html

http://www.sheep101.info/201/lambmarketing.html

A more realistic and accurate estimate of the population of Jerusalem might be 40,000 full time swelling to 250,000 for Pesach.

Let’s say that people weren’t total gluttons and ate 1/2 pound of lamb per person. Then the number of lambs required for 250,000 people is 3,571. According to the first articles estimate of 600 lambs per hour processing rate would mean that 3,571 lambs could be processed in 6 hours.

Of course on the first Pesach the lambs weren’t slaughtered in the Temple because they didn’t have one. So I don’t think that it is a requirement for the lamb to be slaughtered in the Temple. They didn’t have a Tabernacle yet either.

Exo 12:1 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh and to Aharon in the land of Mitsrayim, saying,
Exo 12:2 “This month is the beginning of months for you, it is the first month of the year for you.
Exo 12:3 “Speak to all the congregation of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘On the tenth day of this month each one of them is to take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household.
Exo 12:4 ‘And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next to his house take it according to the number of the beings, according to each man’s need you make your count for the lamb.
Exo 12:5 ‘Let the lamb be a perfect one, a year old male. Take it from the sheep or from the goats.
Exo 12:6 ‘And you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then all the assembly of the congregation of Yisra’ĕl shall kill it between the evenings.
Exo 12:7 ‘And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it.
Exo 12:8 ‘And they shall eat the flesh on that night, roasted in fire – with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
Exo 12:9 ‘Do not eat it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted in fire, its head with its legs and its inward parts.
Exo 12:10 ‘And do not leave of it until morning, and what remains of it until morning you are to burn with fire.
Exo 12:11 ‘And this is how you eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover of יהוה.

Shalom
Offline Sarah  
#71 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:23:16 PM(UTC)
Sarah

I understand that the meaning is paramount. But, if Josephus is correct, that would make for some interesting mechanics. As for this year, is the time of the Passover sacrifice at the full moon, or the day/afternoon before? i.e., Matsah is on the day of the full moon? Another snaffu: were not the months 30 days in length during the Exodus?
Offline cgb2  
#72 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:57:21 PM(UTC)
cgb2

This is only my opinion, so FWIW...

but here's how I'm celebrating this year:
1st Cresent moon spotted after sundown 3/12, Barley reported more than abib in the Negev, Jordan, etc. So start of the 1st month - Happy New Year!

<all sundown to sundown>
Day 1 3/12-13

Day 10 3-21/22 Purchase Lamb(chop) and kabob items and bring into house (marinate,fridge). Recite Exodus 12:1-6, John 12:12-16

Day 14 after sundown 3/25 Nice meal, late night "watch". Recite Matt 26 (correct v17 to "before" if bad translation). OK some celebrate pesach this night - sure would be easier if Matt 26 mentioned lamb, lol.

Day 14 3/26 4-5pm prepare lamb kabobs, unleavened bread cook so ready right around dusk recite Matt 27:45-60

Day 15 3/26 after sundown. 1st day of UB. Lamb kabobs, unleavened bread (next 7 days) wine. Recite Exodus 12:6-15, Num 33:3-5. Party, don't go out of the house, consume all lamb before sunup.

Day 15 3/27 Still first day of UB take day off work. Rest, enjoy. Some consider FF next day after this high sabbath

3/29-30 regular sabbath occuring during UB.

3/30-31 morrow after regular sabbath FF (start of omer count 7 regular sabbaths - OK I prefer this metaphor meaning). Just occurred to me that also possible FF could be morrow after high sabbath and afterwards count 7 regular sabbaths....so FF is not real clear, but already planned FF this day. Only first fruit we have high in mountains is trout - go fishing, enjoy trout dinner. Recite Lev 23:10-17, John 20:15-17

Day 21 4/1-2 High sabbath take 4/2 off work. Rest enjoy.
Offline cgb2  
#73 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:21:34 PM(UTC)
cgb2

OK never mind the "Just occured to me..." thought on FF. While it mentions 7/7s, also states 49 days, and the 50th being Shabuwah(7/7s, "Pentecost") so that math don't work.

I also tend to think Yah would make things easy, like observance of the start of the months being first observable crescent shortly after dark so no need to stay up late (or the observation and guess work <middle of 2 or 3 days?> of no-moon Confused - modern "new moon") . Along that thought 7/7s easy to count since already observing regular sabbaths....even though sabbath means seven (lower case?)....I prefer the Sabbaths (upper case) BigGrin

And to any "lunar sabbath" folks and the omer count...and 7/7s=49 days and Shabuwah being on 50th. Good luck with that math Blink

Interesting that Rabbinical Judaism considers start of omer count "2nd day of Passover", while Karaites (who reject rabbis/Mishnah/Talmud) consider day after regular Shabbat occuring during UB.

http://www.karaite-korner.org/holiday_dates.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavuot

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2013 7:57:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: additions, typos

Offline James  
#74 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 3:04:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I'm more and more starting to see FF as being the same day as Passover, but I could be way off on this one. But I know what I am studying next week during my time off BigGrin
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline cgb2  
#75 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 7:29:56 AM(UTC)
cgb2

^ Not sure how it could fit "morrow after" either of the sabbaths Confused
Offline Sarah  
#76 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:06:07 PM(UTC)
Sarah

But what about the 'full moon'. Doesn't Passover afternoon have to be at the full moon?
Offline Sarah  
#77 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:12:43 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Yahowah says that the 14th of Abib is the day He killed all the first-born of Egypt, and is also the day that Israel departed from Goshen. Therefore, the lamb would be sacrificed at sundown and eaten at the beginning of the 14th day, not toward the end of the day; that would make the 14th the 1st day of Unleavened bread; the 15th day would then be the 2nd day of Unleavened Bread. Hmmm. Maybe the accounts in Matt, Mark, etc. are tamperations?
Offline MadDog  
#78 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:38:19 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
James wrote:
I'm more and more starting to see FF as being the same day as Passover, but I could be way off on this one. But I know what I am studying next week during my time off BigGrin

Just thinking more of what you said James, consider these verses:

John 13

King James Version (KJV)

Quote:
13 Now before the feast of the passover, when Yahushau knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Quote:
29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Yahushua had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

John 18

King James Version (KJV)

Quote:

28 Then led they Yahushau from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.

Quote:
39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

John 19

King James Version (KJV)

Quote:
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

Offline cgb2  
#79 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:35:20 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Sarah wrote:
But what about the 'full moon'. Doesn't Passover afternoon have to be at the full moon?

I'm not aware of any scripture tying any of the mowed miqra to full moons, only days counted after the 1st day renewed moon observed. Do you know of any passages?
Offline cgb2  
#80 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:43:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

MadDog wrote:
Just thinking more of what you said James, consider these verses:

Thanks MadDog. Just more passages affirming Passover slaughter late afternoon 14th day, and eaten after sundown on 15th day (1st day of UB).
Not sure what the "last supper" was, and the "watch" after when they LEFT THE HOUSE going to the mount of olives.

Exo 12:21 And Mosheh called for all the elders of Yisra’ĕl and said to them, “Go out and take lambs for yourselves according to your clans, and slaughter the Passover lamb.
Exo 12:22 “And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin, and you, none of you shall go out of the door of his house until morning.
Offline cgb2  
#81 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:04:19 AM(UTC)
cgb2

In the interest of study with an open mind apart from man's traditions. This mindset makes much more sense when read again with this context in mind:

These days one hears much about the "Holiday" of Passover and even we Karaites refer to it often. But in the Hebrew Bible there is no such holiday! In the Tanach "Passover" is the name of a sacrifice, while the holiday is called Hag HaMatzot ("Feast of Unleavened Bread").

Not a day, but the slaughter itself...and the eating of it with unleavened bread
Offline MadDog  
#82 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:22:10 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
cgb2 wrote:
Thanks MadDog. Just more passages affirming Passover slaughter late afternoon 14th day, and eaten after sundown on 15th day (1st day of UB).
Not sure what the "last supper" was, and the "watch" after when they LEFT THE HOUSE going to the mount of olives.

I noticed that Ken Powers "Owners Manuel" isn't listed anymore.

I think one of the High Priest's duties was waving a bread offering with wine at the temple.

I think the "Owners Manuel" listed priestly duties in detail.

Offline cgb2  
#83 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:55:31 PM(UTC)
cgb2

MadDog wrote:
I noticed that Ken Powers "Owners Manuel" isn't listed anymore.

I think one of the High Priest's duties was waving a bread offering with wine at the temple.

I think the "Owners Manuel" listed priestly duties in detail.

Perhaps show bread and such but not related to miqra that I'm aware of.
Leviticus 23 is a summary of the called out assembly meetings.
There is a wave offering of a sheaf during firstfruits - the morrow after the sabbath during UB.
Offline Seeker101  
#84 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 6:08:35 AM(UTC)
Seeker101

Offline Asenath  
#85 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:17:35 AM(UTC)
Asenath

Hello !

I wanted to ask you why Yada said Passover starts tomorrow (tuesday) at sundown while everyone else says it starts today !
I´d be thankful for anwers !

- Greetings -
Offline James  
#86 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:39:41 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Asenath wrote:
Hello !

I wanted to ask you why Yada said Passover starts tomorrow (tuesday) at sundown while everyone else says it starts today !

- Greetings -

Yada uses the tables compiled by Yow'el, friend and webmaster of Yada Yah, they are usually very accurate in fact this is the first year I have seen them differ from my observations. They are set according to the visibility of the New Moon from he temple mount in Israel, which may or may not be visible to those of us in other parts of the world at the same time. This year is an example, I was able to see the first sliver of the new moon a day earlier than predicted.

http://www.yadayah.com/Y...to_Meet_God_Miqraey.YHWH

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Asenath  
#87 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 10:18:25 AM(UTC)
Asenath

Thank you so much James !

And I also wanted to ask on which day we should celebrate ?
Does it matter if we celebrate it today instead of tomorrow ?
Offline cgb2  
#88 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 12:14:31 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Asenath wrote:
Hello !

- Greetings -

I think most all agree the 14th day of abib starts tonight at sundown, and the FESTIVAL of Unleavened Bread starts tomorrow night at sundown (15th day).

There are just different interpretations for timing on when Yah instructs us to "KILL THE PASSOVER".

I was studying links posted above to Yahu Ranger's Report Exodus Interrogated, stating - like forensic investigations must be approached without bias...and then constantly referred to the DAY/FESTIVAL of Passover. When I got to the verses stating Yah's instructions to "KILL THE PASSOVER", got my funnybone when thinking of it that way. Also funny how YRR interpreted to eat unleavened bread for 8 days then shortly after cited scripture that tells us 7 days. Then with quick scan later never addresses Num 33:3-5 which contradicts his timeline and interpretation. Interesting read though and gives some verses needing further study, even amplified with attention to stems and moods.
Offline cgb2  
#89 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:45:11 PM(UTC)
cgb2

An interesting article on what "between the evens" could mean:
http://www.paleotimes.or...sover-sacrifice-eaten-2/
Offline Seeker101  
#90 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:49:06 PM(UTC)
Seeker101

Looks like the YRR has posted a reply at the bottom of the Article.

Link: 31. Passover - Exodus Interrogated II
Offline cgb2  
#91 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 3:31:37 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Seeker101 wrote:
Looks like the YRR has posted a reply at the bottom of the Article.

Link: 31. Passover - Exodus Interrogated II

Thanks. BTW welcome to the forum!
Offline knowing1  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:40:17 AM(UTC)
knowing1

All Family Members:

Well, I attempted to relate the true meaning of Pesach, Matzah and Bikkurim this past Monday evening (Yes, Monday since most people who do not know believe Passover to be two nights!). I started off the festivities with a commentary on Pesach and that it is the participation in the sacrifice that is the true meaning; That the sacrifice was for those who embrace Yah and what was done for us; That Matzah represents the removal of corruption from us; That Matzah is about consuming Yah's undefiled perfect Word to cleanse our souls of curruption; So that we can be part of Yah's Family. What the maror (bitter herbs) represent; The bitterness that was endured not only by the Israelites in Mitzrayim, but by the sacrifice of the lamb, and now by a world that is consumed by bitterness!

Unfortunately, most people in my home were not receptive at all to this enlightenment! It is truly sad that so many are just lost. This is my family and it really pains me to see them so closed in by years of conditioning and brainwashing, although they really think that they are free and open-minded!! Unbelievable!!!!

I did go through a modern version of a Haggadah (The book Jews use to conduct a Passover meal, or Seder), but offered plenty of commentary and replaced parts with truth and the words Lord and Adonai with Yahowah.

The good news here is that when I asked my children what God's name is, they both said Yahowah!! Most of those in my home that evening either did not know His name, or laughed because it just sounded silly to them!

There were two Catholic women there as well: My sister-in-law and my wife's cousin's wife (with tattoos and body piercings!!).

But, I made it clear that ALL who thirst for The Truth and want to have a relationship with our Creator can participate in the Pesach sacrifice! It is open to all those who are "hungry" for Yah!

Needless to say, it was quite and interesting evening!!

Yah Blesses Those Who Know...
Offline cgb2  
#93 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 2:47:47 AM(UTC)
cgb2

bump
Offline Dennis Treacy  
#94 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:13:10 AM(UTC)
Dennis Treacy
Man

As we approach the Pesach festival I am going to be the only one in our household observing the miqra. My wife is at this point more interested in thwarting my efforts then helping me observe. He pastor has convinced her I am involved in a deluded cult, and if she can just stop me from observing the Torah things will go back to normal. Too late for that! However she is going to assemble the items as I promised her if not I will buy a lamb, slaughter it in our front yard and paint the door lintel and upright frames of our front door. So as to not drive me farther into my delusion, I will be eating a lamb which I plan to grill myself, she hates lamb so probably pizza for her. One issue she refuses to remove all leavening from the house. I know Pesach is part physical and part metaphor, but you would think after doing her pagan festivals during 30 years of marriage doing one 7 day festival each year would not bother her so much.

I have to thank her pastor, he has been a real blind guide, telling her that in my observing the miqra I am going to hell for rejecting the work of the messiah. I asked her pastor the following questions to which he had no solid answers: Why did Yahowsha cry out my God, my God, why has though forsaken me, what was the sign of Jonah, why did no one recognize Yahowsha if he resurrected bodily, why did he say don't cling to me as i have not ascended to my father?

My challenge; provide the answers using scripture no commentaries allowed. If he can answer those questions I will come back to his church and forget this delusional covenant (his term describing the covenant).
Offline Richard  
#95 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:53:27 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

You might get arrested for animal cruelty if you slaughter a lamb in your front yard, brother.

Stand strong. Yashayahu 41:8-10 might be encouraging. Yah bless you, man.

Richard
Offline Bubsy  
#96 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 5:18:01 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
pilgrimhere wrote:
Well, we went grocery shopping for the week of UB and found that it gets complicated. And after figuring there has to be some helpful information online, I only discovered that the rabbis have concocted elaborate rules. We just want to keep it simple but have a leaven-free home for the week to demonstrate before Yah that we are interested in and appreciate the removal of sin from our lives. Would any of you share some more of what you typically keep on the menu? I do like the kabobs idea, but what about the rest of the week?

Thanks to all.

Last year while planning for a practice run at Unleavened Bread, I figured that Chinese and Mexican food should be free of all yeast. Obviously the hamburgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches are out because of the bread. But a taco, with corn shell, beef, lettuce, cheese, and maybe tomato - pretty plain that doesn't contain yeast. Or a burrito with a flour tortilla, beef or chicken, beans, cheese, and maybe other vegetables inside - no yeast there, either. An extra benefit with Mexican - get some salsa, break up the matzo, and get some flavor with matzo chips and salsa! Cool Chow mein noodles or rice, with chicken, beef, vegetables - that should all be yeast-free, too. For dinner, a beef steak with lettuce salad (and no croutons), and hash browns (potatoes) is another yeast-free meal. Even Popeye's fried chicken, I just skip getting biscuits with it. For breakfast, last year I had cereal with milk or oatmeal a few times, other times fruit and bacon or sausage (at least no yeast in the breakfast meat). Flapper I have turkey sausage available this year. I suppose I could even have chili for lunch one day, but I would check to make sure there was no yeast in the ingredients, though from what Yada wrote elsewhere, it looks like only yeast in bread is what has to be avoided.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline cgb2  
#97 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:25:59 AM(UTC)
cgb2

pesach/matzah/bikkorim bump