logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Norby  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:32:14 PM(UTC)
Norby

Hi,

so I was introduced to the Yada Yah podcasts not to long ago and I want to find out more by doing the work myself through the tools recommended and provided on this website, but where is the actually place I can go to find the written word to start the process of translating it for myself.

Thanks.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:06:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The best place to start with translating for yourself is to get the Logos program, preferably the Original Languages package. It has the best tools for doing it. I would also recommend reading An Introduction to God, free online at http://www.introtogod.org/ it is from the same author as Yada Yah, and is designed to equip you with the basics need for translating.

I have created a couple of walkthroughs on how to use logos for translating, you can find them at http://forum.yadayah.com...1_Logos-walkthrough.aspx

http://forum.yadayah.com..._topics16_Resources.aspx many of the topics here are also useful.

If you have questions feel free top ask.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Norby  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:48:01 PM(UTC)
Norby

Hi,

I have looked into the Logos software. Which package would allow me all of the necessary tools to translate and understand the word fully and completely, also this companies products seem a bit pricey is it because they are the only player in town?
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 3:26:16 AM(UTC)
James
Man

The Original Languages package is the one I recommend as the starting point and you can add from there.

It is a bit pricey, I invested about $700 or so into my Logos setup, and Yada has probably over $2000 into his, but it is an investment because I have learned so much from having it.

There are several reasons it's so expensive, the shear volume of resources that it contains. While the OL package cost about $400 or so, if you were to buy all the resources that it contains you would spend thousands. And as you pointed out there is not a lot of competition, at least not a lot that offers as much as they do.

What sucks is that while yeah their are a ton of resources, most of it is useless religious junk. I probably only use about 15-20 books in my package on a regular basis.

I believe that Logos no longer offers the OL to the public, but that you have to call them to get it, and you have to have a class licence or something like that which someone on the forum got so that they could help people get it. I am trying to find the thread related to this, but haven't found it yet perhaps someone else will remember better than I. If I find it I will post it here for you.

Offline James  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 3:35:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Found it. Dajstill setup an instructor account and offered to help people get what they are now calling the Biblical Languages packaged.

http://forum.yadayah.com...ackage-discontinued.aspx

Hope that works.